Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mcpherson Workout

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Mcpherson Workout Reply with quote

Wow, a 4.52 and 4.59 40, 40 and a half inch vertical,, 6.78 shuttle, and he looks to be a third rounder now. Please Miami...
runrickyrun34

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want Miami to pick him up too, but I doubt he will be around until the third! I really think that he has turned a lot of heads, and with a weak QB class, he has shot up the charts being the most athletically gifted. Miami should try to trade Surtain for a 2nd round draft choice and select MacPherson. If they can grab an extra third round pick, they could always trade 2 3rd rounds for a second OR if they are confident that he is their man, they could trade their 2006 second round pick.

If he does go to Miami, I think MacPherson should be starting by the season opener. Even if he doesn't win games, with him and Ronnie Brown, games will be much more exciting and it will put fans in the stands. Feely is a valuable backup, but an awful starter. I wouldn't want to put the ball in his hands at cruch time.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude you lost all credibility in that statement when you said you waant him starting next opener. He's a project for the future. Feeley is g/e and has a lot of potential. We can't let him be the next Griese.
Mr. Brightside

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the 49ers to take him round 2 or 3 and let him develop behind Rattay for a year, but none of my fellow 49ers fans agree with me.
GoLions17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think hell be a raider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers 2nd 2nd round pick...depending on the rest of FA signings. Could go 3rd round.
aceyalone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Brightside wrote:
I want the 49ers to take him round 2 or 3 and let him develop behind Rattay for a year, but none of my fellow 49ers fans agree with me.

i recently move to the bay area.. and i think they should take him with there 2nd round pick because hes not going to be there after... so yeah.. i agree they should develop him.. but i think if McPherson gets drafted in the 2nd round he will beat Rattay during Training Camp...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McPherson is the guy that I wan't the Browns to draft. I'd prefer they get him with a 4th, but I'd be comfortable with a 3rd rounder. He is a project however. I'm more excited about him than I am any of the supposed first round QB's
wpbsball12

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody's gonna jump on him in the 2nd round definitely. I would be SHOCKED if he fell out of the 2nd round. Honestly I could see a scenario where he goes in the 1st round. He has the most potential out of any QB in the draft
rblevens

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have him in the second round...

He has more potential than Rodgers and Smith, but is just not as polished at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see him going in the first 3 rounds. If you think about there are only 5 teams that need a QB bad enough to draft one in the first 2 rounds. And its not like Mcpherson is such an incredible value in round 2 that some team that doesnt need a QB will just take him anyways

San Francisco - will probably take rodgers with top pick
Miami - they like feeley and dont have a 2nd round pick so if they pick him itll be in the third.
Cleveland - They could pick him, but Jason Campbell would still be available in the 2nd round
Arizona - Could end up with Alex Smith or Jason Campbell
Green Bay - Could pick Mcpherson round 2

Anyways, basically there are 3 QBs that definetely rate out higher than Mcpherson and possibly 6 QBs that rate out higher if you count david greene, andrew walter and Charlie Frye.

Im expecting QBs to slip in this draft because there is not a big demand for then, and teams will be able to wait on them because most teams will pass on these guys even if they're good values.

most teams wont draft a QB day one and a lot of teams might not get a QB in the whole draft...

I figure there are 13 QBs in this draft that will draw some major interest from teams who need QB help:
Aaron Rodgers
Alex Smith
Jason Campbell
CharlieFrye
Adrian Mcpherson
Andrew Walters
Derek Anderson
David Greene
Kyle Orton
Dan Orlovsky
Jason White
Stefan Lefors
Ryan Fitzpatrick

And there are 9 teams in serious need of a QB:
San Francisco
Miami
Cleveland
Chicago
Arizona
Oakland
New Orleans
Kansas City
Green Bay

Notice that I included New Orleans and Kansas City, both teams who dont have a major need at QB but sense they might be parting ways with their current QB soon.

And the other teams that could go after a QB in this draft are

Detroit
Tampa Bay
St. Louis
Dallas
Washington
St. Louis
Baltimore
Denver

But none of those teams are in serious need of a QB and probably wont pick one as they have much bigger things to worry about.

The point is, I expect QBs to slip in this draft because the demand for them is pretty small.

Houses on my wrists. Whips on Fists. Your budget on my neck. Your spouse on my -.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: