Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Between Eagles and Cardinals, would you do it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperBowlEagles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone will be surprised on what picks are traded for what picks. Does anyone get SI magazine? Read the article on page 36, bottom right hand corner. It says
"The top three teams in the draft- 49ers, Dolphins and Browns- are interested in tradeing down. Says one GM with no desire to move up in a draft that is weak at the top: Throw your normal expectations out the windwon if you want to trade dwon. Whereas most years u might get a 2nd round pick for moving dwon a few spots, no one of those top teams might get a fourth to move down 10 or 12 spots. Why would a team drafting high consider that? To avoid paying a $15 million signing bonus to a player who's no more of a sure thing than the 10th or 15th player selected....."
So this trade may not even happen I like the idea of the eagles trading up for a good player and trading corey simon so I like the trade. However, I think the eagles are giving away too many picks and I dont think the eagles are interested in LJ Shelton. I know I am not. Why pick up a guy to play behind Tra Thomas? We dont really need a replacement yet and Artis Hicks plays LT as well so thx but no thx. Keep ur backup LT and we'll keep our extra picks. I would like to have DJ tho. But i would have to be a little different. Maybe a 1st and Corey Simon or something like the above article mentioned.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: