Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

is it true

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goviks26

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: is it true Reply with quote

i heard that jamal lewis is in jail is it true and for what
ravensd20

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea its true, but he'll be back by the start of the season, he was convicted of helping with a cocaine with his cell phone deal 4 years ago. Thats about what i know.

Another quick question, i see IMO all the time, what does that mean??
taylor36

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO = In my opinion
frankmoore

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravensd20 wrote:
Yea its true, but he'll be back by the start of the season, he was convicted of helping with a cocaine with his cell phone deal 4 years ago. Thats about what i know.

I think that the drug charges were dropped in favor of simply using a cell phone to attempt to commit a felony. Prevented Lewis from having to enter the league's substance abuse program (if he's not already in it, in which case it would have counted as a positive test).
FF Member #1031
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not entirely sure what the charges were i just know that he reached a plea bargain and should be out of jail by training camp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys call yourselves ravens fans. ESPN reported this a long time ago. like when he served his suspension last year. At the end of the season he was to serve a 6 month jail sentence for his involvement in a case of cocaine. They said he would be out and in ravens camp by two a days. I am a browns fan and was hoping that he was going to get sent away for at least a year or two, but money talks, so they plea bargained the sentence down and the NFL slapped him on his wrist and said be a good boy.
ravensd20

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes we do call ourselfves ravens fans thats why we said th exact same thing as you.
Swedishraven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am a browns fan and was hoping that he was going to get sent away for at least a year or two, but money talks, so they plea bargained the sentence down and the NFL slapped him on his wrist and said be a good boy.

Well, in all the cop shows/movies i 've seen the cops get really upset when they do a sting operation for a drug bust and nobody shows up to get the drugs. The bad guys never get busted for "conspiring to possess" in those movies. Usually this forces the hero to take it personal and beat up the bad guy and then the hero stumbles on some evidence and there's a big shoot-out at the end. Cop shows might not be the best source for legal information though...

I really like the fact that he got convicted for "using a cell-phone in violation of federal law" though. Makes you scared that one of your friends is a FBI-informer if you jokingly say your gonna kill someone on the phone. I'm sure he's guilty but they didn't have a very strong case against him. I'd say he got a pretty hard sentence because he didn't want to risk missing the season (contract year, so missing time could be really expensive) so he pleaded to get the prison time in the off-season.

I'm pretty much sick of the whole thing and hoped we could leave the subject when he was sentenced a couple of months ago. Time to move on. Allthough i seem to keep discussing this...
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not like the cops simply let him go b/c hes got the money and is famous. MAny cases like this never even get followed through with b/c of the time and money required, so his high profile status may have actually harmed him. Also, the majority of cases get plea bargained to save trouble for the state, he didnt get a special deal. Yea he did something wrong and hes going to REAL jail for it, hes not being let off for it.
mcdni

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

travis1metallic wrote:
you guys call yourselves ravens fans. ESPN reported this a long time ago. like when he served his suspension last year. At the end of the season he was to serve a 6 month jail sentence for his involvement in a case of cocaine. They said he would be out and in ravens camp by two a days. I am a browns fan and was hoping that he was going to get sent away for at least a year or two, but money talks, so they plea bargained the sentence down and the NFL slapped him on his wrist and said be a good boy.

Thats not even his proper sentence. He is only spending half the time in jail and the other is at a half way house. The Ravens were trying to get the half way house set up in Baltimore but because the case was in Atlanta thats where the half way house has to be. If we had got it moved to Baltimore he wouldn't have missed any camps.
travis1metallic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well lets see, half-way house = no freedom. hmmmm....to me thats still time he can't spend with his team. So 6 months is 6 months.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: