Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Rodgers better than Phillip Rivers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mauRICE 80 wrote:
IMO Rodgers is way better prospect and the niners seem to agree stating this year top 5 is stronger than last years top 5 which included Eli, Rivers

Come on bro, not even you can believe that.

The 9ers making that claim is twofold. 1, hoping somehow someone believes it so that they could move up, and 2, because they hold a pick in the Top 5 this year and they make the claim so that their fans are happy no matter who they get.

Under no circumstance is this years draft better in the Top 5 than last years. There were at least 5 guys in last years draft that would go #1 in this draft, let along the Top 5 just being better. This draft has depth, but is weak at the top. It's nowhere near last years top guys.
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they really didnt believe that, Rivers would be on a plane this instant to San Francisco. I'm sure San Diego has no problem giving up Rivers for the #1 pick so why would niners not take it if they think he is better than Rodgers or even Smith for that matter. The fact is Niners say they have no interest at all in Rivers.

And how do you explain Mike williams being a top 3 to 7 pick last year and maybe out of the top 10 this year?
boltfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nor*cal09 wrote:
If they really didnt believe that, Rivers would be on a plane this instant to San Francisco. I'm sure San Diego has no problem giving up Rivers for the #1 pick so why would niners not take it if they think he is better than Rodgers or even Smith for that matter. The fact is Niners say they have no interest at all in Rivers.

And how do you explain Mike williams being a top 3 to 7 pick last year and maybe out of the top 10 this year?

The reason the Chargers wont do that trade is because they would be paying 2 huge signing bonuses, the 9ers would be getting Rivers w/out having to pay him the upfront money. Besides IF we trade up it wont be until draft day, after B. Edwards or Big Mike is taken.

sig done dy alabama_man7

LT=MVP
RD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nor*cal09 wrote:

Im sure SF has some reservations about the move, but I have no doubts that its the Chargers that arent making the move. They take a huge hit and just gave Rivers a bonus recently. Thats why they arent moving him.

As for Mike Williams, if you remember, he was not going to go Top 3 or 7 last year. Most people had him pegged for the last half of the first round during the time he was eligible. Guys like Roy, Reggie, etc had moved ahead of him at this time last year. And btw, Mike isnt going to fall out of the Top 10 of this years draft.
sportsfevah08

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard some say Rivers is safer and better because this guy had 4 productive great years and that is what people should be looking at. Rodgers might not have that 4 year resume but Rodgers was a junior transfer. The two years that he was there at CAL he played great and showed leadership. Unlike Boller who only succeeded that one year. Also I think Rodgers personality is better than Alex Smith. Last year Rodgers did not complain or moan about Tedford going more to the running game after CAL lost their top 3 receivers. I don't think Smith would have liked that. I think Smith would have been more worried about his Stats so he can show it to the PRO scouts. Rodgers does what is best for the team. Also, Smith is COCKY. He thinks he is the best player in the draft and KNOWS he is going 1st overall whereas Rodgers is HUMBLE and does not care which teams he goes to as long as he is given a chance. That is the kind of guy I like. And Rodgers saying that does not mean he does not have any confidence in his abilities. It just shows his great personality and his ability to get along with his teammates.
boltfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportsfevah08 wrote:
I heard some say Rivers is safer and better because this guy had 4 productive great years and that is what people should be looking at. Rodgers might not have that 4 year resume but Rodgers was a junior transfer. The two years that he was there at CAL he played great and showed leadership. Unlike Boller who only succeeded that one year. Also I think Rodgers personality is better than Alex Smith. Last year Rodgers did not complain or moan about Tedford going more to the running game after CAL lost their top 3 receivers. I don't think Smith would have liked that. I think Smith would have been more worried about his Stats so he can show it to the PRO scouts. Rodgers does what is best for the team. Also, Smith is COCKY. He thinks he is the best player in the draft and KNOWS he is going 1st overall whereas Rodgers is HUMBLE and does not care which teams he goes to as long as he is given a chance. That is the kind of guy I like. And Rodgers saying that does not mean he does not have any confidence in his abilities. It just shows his great personality and his ability to get along with his teammates.

Dude, you have NO idea who Alex Smith is. At, Helix high school he was the 3rd or 4th option behind all their RBs, including Reggie Bush who averaged 10 yards a carry. If Smith was going to complain it probably would have been then when he was a 17 year old kid looking to get recruited to a big time program. He didnt get recruited by "Big time schools" because of that, because his team was winning Championships. Dont call Alex Smith a Stat Boy because he is far from that.

Explain , why Alex Smith is Cocky. I dont know you and I think your ignorant. Its easy to make a stupid statement on this forum.

sig done dy alabama_man7

LT=MVP
RD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing boltfan, the above posters criticism of Smith is completely unfounded. If anything, the two are switched on personalities. Rodgers has a lot more of that apparent confidence(some call it cockiness) than Alex Smith does.
sportsfevah08

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you said, he was a 17 year old kid. How can he complain. No one would have cared. If he was so great, why didn't he show it in high school. Obviously he did not have anything. He went to Utah and played against OK opponents. And who said Rodgers is cocky. An NFL.com writer said Rodgers has a personality other players should have. If you hear some of the comments Smith has given you would see he shows is cockiness.
RD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL, why didnt Smith show it in high school? You mean show what, the ability to get a scholarship offer from a solid D1 program? CLearly, Alex Smith showed nothing in high school.

As opposed to Aaron Rodgers going to JuCo out of HS, and not even being an elite JuCo recruit.

But yeah, he showed so much more than Alex Smith prior to his D1 success.

I can't believe the lengths people will go to to criticize people. Its unbelievable. If you prefer one player thats fine, but don't make up absolute ridiculous reasons to try and knock someone else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: