Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Guide: How to Build a Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ers_52

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing.... I would suggest anyone making a mock who is ready to fill in a name do a quick search and find in say Microsoft Word to make sure you didn't already put that person in an earlier spot. Might not happen for 1 round drafts but with 2-7 you can some times forget and end up with the same player twice.

I know it's ctrl + f in Firefox and Microsoft Word, not sure about IE.
Beerfish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if the original poster or moderator would be up for this but I have posted on one of the other boards a link to my mock draft creator spreadsheet that I do every year. (I posted on this forum as well but the thread was locked by a moderator, perhaps suspicious of it's content.)

It lists over 330 players and their measureables, has things like combine results, the draft value chart and other useful info (such as ranking the players by their average rankings from a number of dart sites). It also allows you to create a mock draft by ranking the players in the list which auto populates the mock draft sheet.

It's really easy to use and ensures that you cannot select a player twice. If it's alright I could post the link to the google docs site for people to download. If that is not allowed then anyone that wants one can send me an message and I will be happy to send them the sheet.
slandro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: posting mock draft Reply with quote

How do I post a mock draft on this site?
Swaps

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to express how cool this site is.

It's awesome reading mock drafts throughout the year seeing how players rise or fall through a couple months of fan mock drafts. There will be no 100% accurate mock, one trade can throw everything off, but seeing the trends effect the mocks is very cool. How a player plays through the college season, injuries or player moves in the pros, the drastic changes around the combine and pro days. Just visiting once can never give a good scope of how something will turn out, you need to visit many times to follow along. It's a different kind of fantasy sport!

"the more I like you, the more I want to smash your face into the ground." -- Jared Allen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to make a suggestion to people making mock drafts.

I strongly suggest using images, logos, colours, bold and line spacing to make drafts look more interesting than a generic block of text. I really take time and have pride in my mock drafts when they are completed. I use spacing, logos and colour in my mocks and I really think it looks much more 'professional' than other mocks (no offense) I also think it's just much more fun to read through.

Also, I strongly suggest using trades in your Mock. I have never understood why experts or FF members don't utilize trades in their mocks. Firstly, its realistic, when has there ever been a draft where everyone has stayed still?! Trades give another discussion point in your mock as opposed to just the picks, perhaps others can discuss whether the trade down was value and whether passing up on a better prospect was worthwhile.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, just a quick question.

When building your own mock draft, are you supposed to choose all your picks based on who you THINK each of the 32 teams will pick based on needs, various news reports (like how most think Houston will take a QB No. 1), rumors, etc. or are you supposed to choose based on who YOU think is the best pick to make for said team (say I think Jadeveon Clowney is the player the Texans should go with, but not necessarily the one I see them picking according to the reports that say that a QB will be the pick)?

Is it supposed to be "here's who I think Team X WILL draft with this pick" or "here's who I think Team X SHOULD draft with this pick if I was making it"?

Thanks for any answers! Just wanted to clear this up.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really up to you - most people prefer to play "Miss Cleo" and predict who the actual pick will be, but some people will just go with who they think SHOULD be the pick - there's no wrong answer really

Sig courtesy of mack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: