Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Interesting Trade Rumor
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones a first rounder! LOL No way. He just started playing wide reviever at his Senior Bowl and the combine, and that's it. He has good speed, but there is no way teams will be stupid enough to take him round 1.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that Randy Moss is a great athlete and all and he put up big numbers, but against who? He plays in the MAC and he's got off the field problems too. No way does this guy go in round one when there are much more solid receivers ready to play in th NFL right now.

That was the word when Moss was coming out, and while I know that Jones didn't play WR, QB to WR is probably the easiest transition in football. And i'd be pretty suprised that Jones wouldn't be able to memorize and work on precise route running if he could master the offense at QB. Jones will be a first round pick, because the teams toward the bottom of round one don't want to be the team that passed on Matt Jones for the "safe" pick that is just as about as likely to not pan out.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
S.A.cowboyfan

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taiyed7210 wrote:
you guys are idiots that are falling for this Matt Jones joke. It takes a lot more then talent to be succesfull in football...this isnt basketball

Antonio Gates seemed to do pretty well
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, throughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting 'GERONIMO'!!!
RD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL, comparing Randy Moss who dominated college football at the WR position, to Matt Jones who was a solid QB in college? Are you kidding me?

Jones may brack Round 1, but its a reach IMO to hint that the Vikes are moving down to selected him. He's not a first round lock, and if he doesg o in the first, someone is really going to be making a mistake. He's too risky that high.
S.A.cowboyfan

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that he probably should not be a 1st rounder but if a there is a solid team that doesn`t need alot of help in this draft he might fit well as an unpredictable weapon that could be put on the field in several positions. A receiver or pass catching TE, H-back could make him useful. Maybe a team like the Steelers that are well rounded and have taken players like this before would take him at the bottom of 1st. More than likely to go in the second though.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, throughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting 'GERONIMO'!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: