Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles to make trade to get into top 3 pick.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yo_Its_T.O.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trice25asn wrote:
I don't think Benson is a need but I can see them trading away half the picks to move up to #3. Phil Savage has already shown some interest. Maybe trade Simon and some picks to the Browns since Denver has their whole DL. It would be nice to have BE or MW but I would only trade up for DJ. Like someone said, they only need 1 or 2 high quality players to push them through to the next level.

Hey guys nothing is impossible. Who knew that S.D. would pass up on MVick. Who knew that N.O. would trade their whole draft for RWilliams. Who knew that Dal would pass up on SJackson and KJones for the 5th rated RB, who ended up being better then all of them. Who knew RLeaf would suck so unbelievably hard. No one knows for sure except the handful of people that work for each team. Heck, for all we know Matt Jones could go #1. It won't happen but we don't know. So yeah, the Eagles could move up to #3.

Kevin Jones was so much better than Julius.
trice25asn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love KJones. I wanted Phi to take him but they didn't. Im a big VT fan and got to see him run all over Marshall a couple years back. (They made Leftwich look very average that game too) KJ did have better stats then any of the other rookies but if you look at what JJ did in the limited amount of playing time that he had, you can see that he had more success than KJ

gms att yards ave ave/gm tds
Kevin Jones 15 241 1133 4.7 75.5 5

Julius Jones 8 197 819 4.2 102.4 7
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart's idea is not his own. The rumor was started when Browns GM Phil Savage said the idea of trading down with Philadelphia for their "entire draft" is an interesting one.

Quote:
Biggest Browns deal yet to come
Saturday, April 2, 2005
By STEVE DOERSCHUK Canton Repository sports writer

“We could go any direction,” Savage said Friday of his plans with the No. 3 pick. “Do we keep the pick? Do we try to slide back (via trade)? Do we give away that pick for Philly’s entire draft?
“The Eagles may have 15 draft picks (the Browns have seven). Would you rather have the first pick of the draft, or would you rather have another team’s entire draft?
“I’m not saying they would do it, but what happens if they call and say, ‘Hey, we like a player at the top. What if we give you 10 picks for that one choice?’ ”

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Bart's idea is not his own. The rumor was started when Browns GM Phil Savage said the idea of trading down with Philadelphia for their "entire draft" is an interesting one.

Quote:
Biggest Browns deal yet to come
Saturday, April 2, 2005
By STEVE DOERSCHUK Canton Repository sports writer

“We could go any direction,” Savage said Friday of his plans with the No. 3 pick. “Do we keep the pick? Do we try to slide back (via trade)? Do we give away that pick for Philly’s entire draft?
“The Eagles may have 15 draft picks (the Browns have seven). Would you rather have the first pick of the draft, or would you rather have another team’s entire draft?
“I’m not saying they would do it, but what happens if they call and say, ‘Hey, we like a player at the top. What if we give you 10 picks for that one choice?’ ”

Two people have to agree to a trade. Andy won't ruin a draft year like that.
Longboysfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubtful at best.
The recent Eagles Drafting with trades is they only jump a few slots. Not overpay for one player.

Remember they have not had the premium slot picks in the last 4 years. They have had to trade up into the area to get the player they want.

This year it will cost them a lot. Say they may want to jump into the 10th slot to draft maybe M. Williams and keep him away from the Cowboys.

But as stated above they would have to give up their #1, and both #2's to get a chance at this slot.

At best I would think they trade into about the 20th slot and give up the #1 and first #2 to get there. Then this would be a player, just like last year, that they target to play right away.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: