Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cleveland drafting a QB in the draft?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jdrocco01

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Cleveland drafting a QB in the draft? Reply with quote

Alot of people are saying Cleveland should not take a QB in the first round. And I agree. But, I do think they should take a QB in the draft. Now this is something noone has mentioned yet...What if the Browns go after either Jason Campbell out of Auburn or Charlie Frye out of Akron? These two quarterbacks look to have some promise and can take a year to learn and maybe have potential to start the 2006-07 campaign. What do yons think?

Last edited by Jdrocco01 on Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
seminoles1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Cleveland drafting a QB in the draft? Reply with quote

Jdrocco01 wrote:
Alot of people are saying Cleveland should not take a QB in the first round. And I agree. But, I do think they should take a QB in the draft. Now this is something noone has mentioned yet...What if the Steelers go after either Jason Campbell out of Auburn or Charlie Frye out of Akron? These two quarterbacks look to have some promise and can take a year to learn and maybe have potential to start the 2006-07 campaign. What do yons think?

Why would the Steelers want to draft someone to start in'06 when they have Big Ben? If you mean the Browns then thats a good idea.
Jdrocco01

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appoligize...I did mean Cleveland drafting a QB.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of Browns' fans, including myself, have been typing til our fingers bleed, saying that we should get the QB in round 2.

Drafting Frye or Campbell instead of Smith or Rodgers would save us about $10-12M in cap space on our BACK UP QB.

This is not a new argument, although it is new to hear it coming from a Steelers fan.

#FreeJoshGordon
Thomas5737 wrote:
In my sexy opinion.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this feeling before. But have you ever gotten that feeling before a big time event that you knew what a certain team was going to do? Like you knew it for a fact? I have that same feeling regarding the Browns. I really do. However, I see them drafting Braylon Edwards, unless the 49'ers take him at #1 overall. I really do have that feeling regarding the Browns. I also have the same feeling when it comes to the Steelers and Matt Jones. I have the feeling to when it comes to the Browns Third Round pick, where I think they'll draft Adrian McPherson. Call me crazy, or stupid, or whatever... but that's just how I see it.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
kw2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

browns GM phil savage appears to favor the QB from Auburn but as many will notice on draft day , nothing prior to the pick is ever as it seems. It would be foolish for a GM to proclaim he has fallin in love with a prospect unless he doesnt want him. Even denny green said they like fitzgerald but he wasnt a position of great need, although everyone knew he wanted him so badly.
Oakland wasnt crazy about gallery prior to the draft but despite many offers (very good ones) they werent interested in trading once gallery was available at the pick. They wanted him bad but smoke screened prior to the draft.
Chicago is doing it now with Braylon edwards, (my opinion) they want him so bad they are only talking about RB's .... they are hoping that teams like the vikings and chargers dont see it coming. Maybe tampa is doing the same thing by only talking RB's when they really want WR !
goose85

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Campbell would be a great fit in Cleveland and could become an elite QB.
Sinatra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But have you ever gotten that feeling before a big time event that you knew what a certain team was going to do? Like you knew it for a fact? I have that same feeling regarding the Browns. I really do. However, I see them drafting Braylon Edwards, unless the 49'ers take him at #1 overall

OMG that's exactly how I feel! I see everyone saying they're taking A. Smith, but everytime I hear Savage talk he says that he's going after the BPA. His words were, "when you draft based on need alone is when you get into trouble." I think its Braylon. It reminds me of when the Broncos last year when everyone said they were taking Either Stephen Jackson or Kevin Jones even though everyone knows Shanahan doesn't take RB's in the 1st. It could be a smokescreen, and maybe they are taking Smith, but I don't see it.
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I heard someone say that they thought that the Browns would take a QB because everytime someone interviews Savage he says he won't. Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: