Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins should trade down!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Dolphins should trade down!! Reply with quote

Yes I said it they should trade down. 1) I would like to see them get a 2nd for Surtain but it might not happen, I dont know why. 2)They could trade down in the 1st and still have a 1st but ad some picks like a 2nd that they could trade to get Alexander. I think it is worth it. They get to solve their RB problen and still get a player in the 1st and get some more picks to adress other needs. What do you think should they get a 2nd and trade for Alexander? Then they don't have to pay an unproven rookie top 2 money.
GoVikings988

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theyd sure have to pay alexander alot of mony, and i think benson or williams will be better. and i dont think they can get a secnd rounder for surtain cuz he is aging and has a pretty huge contract.
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah they should trade surtain for a 2nd and then trade that 2nd for alexander...it makes sense
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Alexander looked so highly upon??? He has caused many problems with his attitude and ran for a lot of yards behind Walter Jones. I'm not saying ehs bad, Im saying that behind Miami'sline, he wont be the same.

I wouldnt trade a second for him when Henry can be had for a 3rd and James can also be had for a 2nd. james is learly the better player.

The Dolphins also dotn have the cap for Alexander/James and then to draft, even if they trade Surtain. They would have to trade Surtain and release more to get that sort of cap and still draft.

I want us to trade down, but I would only move down for just an additional second if we stay in position for one of the top 2 WRs, Derrick Johnson, or one of the 3 RBs. I would also trade the 2nd overall for a 2nd rounder and Aaron Rodgers/Alex Smith, but that would require a late round pick in addition.
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody thinks James is too prone to injuries. I like him alot too but when you compare stats Alexander scores way more TDs and runs for just as many yards. I think Hery would be good though. I would like to see themtake Sproles in the 4th and suprise everybody because I like him and I hate KState cause Im a Cornhusker fan.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Gordon/Minor/Morris enough to be a backup group to James. I dont care abotu stats-James is more talented. Alexander is a fantsasy sports back and thusly is so loved and known.

I like the idea of taking a 2nd-4th round RB, but Sproles doesnt seem like a starter in the NFL. I like Arrington and I also am a Barber fan. If we go that direction, I think two RBs drafted might not eb our of the question. I know I would love to trade down/up get Frank Gore if hes available in the late 5th/early 6th.

It all depends on two things: If we trade down, and who BPA really is. If we dotn trade down, then we go BPA for sure, which is likely Ronnie Brown. That means we wont use that 2nd-4th round RB strategy or trade for one. If its Edwards, Rodgers (if available), Mike Williams, DJ, or Rolle, then we definitley use one of those two strategies, likely the drafting a 2nd-4th as that has had recent success(Kevin Jones, Juluius Jones, Rudi, Domanick Davis, etc.), plus we have cap issues with trading for henry, Alexander, or James.

If we trade down and stay top 15, we will likely get one of the RBs, but could end up with DJ or a QB...
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know their aren't too many people fond of Sproles but he is the best cutback runner in the draft. I like Jacobs and Shelton alot. I like the other guys you said too. Barber was excellent in college, I thought he would be rated higher.I really thought when the Dolphins traded for Brock he was gonna do good but he really didn't do much. Sammy Morris was fun to watch in college.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: