Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Thread of The Texas A&M Aggies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexasViking

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: The Official Thread of The Texas A&M Aggies Reply with quote

Any Ags out there? I searched through about 20 pages and to my disappointment there wasn't a thread for my Aggies.

Anyhow, there is much hype here in College Station. We have been picked by several sports analysts to be a major contender in the big12 as surprising as that is. In recent seasons, the aggies have failed to produce but maybe this season is the one. Famous words of an aggie...

Thanks and Gig'em.
Texans02

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A&M really needs a big season to reinvigorate the fan base. Every year we get a reasonable class, have some players that are in the running for pre-season awards, then go out and mediocre up the place.

I haven't given up on A&M, but we have been milking reputation for a while now. Looking back at the past decade, here are the results:

1999 8-4
2000 7-5
2001 8-4
2002 6-6
2003 4-8
2004 7-5
2005 5-6
2006 9-4
2007 7-6
2008 4-8
2009 6-7

Ouch. One 9 win season in the last 10 years. Only 6 winning seasons in the last 10 years. Top notch programs don't have 4-8 seasons. We need to step up our game.

Yes please!
Dangerous59

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be rooting for y'all to win the Big 12 south this year. I can't stand UT and OU and want another team to win the Big 12 this year. (I know that Baylor doesn't have a shot.) With the potent offense y'all have, A&M could very well win the Big 12 this year. It just depends if your secondary decides to show up this year.
kenney

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our offense is fantastic, it's our defense that is painfully suspect. We have a great linebacking corps, a terrible defensive line, and a gigantic question mark in the secondary.

I think our offensive line will improve with the introduction of Joeckel and Matthews into the lineup, giving Johnson a chance against higher-level competition.

I've got us going 9-3, plus bowl win (finally). Losses to Nebraska, Oklahoma, and either Texas or Arkansas, but not both.
disaacs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: The Official Thread of The Texas A&M Aggies Reply with quote

TexasViking wrote:
Any Ags out there? I searched through about 20 pages and to my disappointment there wasn't a thread for my Aggies.

You don't have to search through 20 pages to find a thread for a specific team. We have a thread linking specifically to each team that has one.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=138300

Texas A&M did have one, but since it hasn't been touched in a year, I will change it's link to this one. However, in the future, if you're looking for a specific team, please check the college team link thread first.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
TexasViking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Thread of The Texas A&M Aggies Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
TexasViking wrote:

You don't have to search through 20 pages to find a thread for a specific team. We have a thread linking specifically to each team that has one.

Texas A&M did have one, but since it hasn't been touched in a year, I will change it's link to this one. However, in the future, if you're looking for a specific team, please check the college team link thread first.

Yeah I saw that after I looked through all the pages. Oh well it only wasted 30 minutes of my life Laughing
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Thread of The Texas A&M Aggies Reply with quote

TexasViking wrote:
disaacs wrote:
TexasViking wrote:

Yeah I saw that after I looked through all the pages. Oh well it only wasted 30 minutes of my life Laughing

So, what year are you?
TexasViking

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: The Official Thread of The Texas A&M Aggies Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
TexasViking wrote:
disaacs wrote:
TexasViking wrote:

So, what year are you?

Class of '12
TexasViking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at practice today and saw nation's sack leader Von Miller returning punts. Shocked Surprisingly he looked like a natural at it averaging about 30-35 yards every repetition. In other news, Jerrod Johnson is looking very sharp. Christine Michael is tearing it up and looks to improve on his 800+ yd rushing last year. The defense that started 8 freshmen last year is thriving in Tim DeRuyters new defensive scheme. I'm not going to get my hopes up though because as most of you reading this know that the aggies aren't quite the best at living up to expectations. The only thing we can do is cross our fingers. Wink
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasViking wrote:
I was at practice today and saw nation's sack leader Von Miller returning punts. Shocked Surprisingly he looked like a natural at it averaging about 30-35 yards every repetition. In other news, Jerrod Johnson is looking very sharp. Christine Michael is tearing it up and looks to improve on his 800+ yd rushing last year. The defense that started 8 freshmen last year is thriving in Tim DeRuyters new defensive scheme. I'm not going to get my hopes up though because as most of you reading this know that the aggies aren't quite the best at living up to expectations. The only thing we can do is cross our fingers. Wink

Yeah, I'm not putting too much stock into that, although word is our defense does look markedly better (I suppose it couldn't look much worse).

I'm interested to see our corners Harris and Frederick in action this season. I think they're the best pair of corners A&M has had in several years. I also want to see how Garrick Williams and Jonathan Stewart do this year. I think if we can get ANY kind of consistency with our defensive line, our LB corps will be sick between Miller, Williams, Mangan, and Stewart.
Texans02

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We always get a reasonable (top 25ish) recruiting class; for years, we've managed to do less with more. It's like we're the inverse of Boise State.

I think we really have a chance to turn the corner this year. The defense needs to pull together and the offense needs to get more consistent. They are certainly capable of big things.

Class of '02 here, btw.

Yes please!
TexasViking

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The future is looking bright for the Ags. A lot of preseason rankings have ranked us in the top 10 and we have 17 returning starters which is more than any other team that will be in the top 25 this year. We have a top 5 recruiting class a for 2012 with 17 recruits currently signed. Hopefully we can build on last year's success and keep moving foward.
JustisM

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a lot of posting here....hmmm
I just watched some tape of the Cotton Bowl and such and I have to say I really like the Aggies as a sleeper this year. They have a big 3 (Tannehill, Cyrus and Fuller) and the defense looks solid too. Plus having a Matthews doesn't hurt Wink
1King

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustisM wrote:
I just watched some tape of the Cotton Bowl and such and I have to say I really like the Aggies as a sleeper this year. They have a big 3 (Tannehill, Cyrus and Fuller) and the defense looks solid too. Plus having a Matthews doesn't hurt Wink

Don't forget about their "other" RB in Christine Michael (sp), dude is also a beast.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
JustisM

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
JustisM wrote:

Don't forget about their "other" RB in Christine Michael (sp), dude is also a beast.

Yeah. This team should make a good run. Too bad OSU and Oklahoma are looking to make a national run and Texas is coming back up. Someone has to come in 4th in the Big XII. Throw that in with a Griffin lead Baylor and you got some attention catching football.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: