Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trading Down

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Trading Down Reply with quote

Ok guys, it seems like just about everyteam had a list of 3-5 players that they want to be availavle for thier team's pick and if none are there they want their team to trade down. The problem is that other then the Eagles and maybe the Chargers and Vikings, i havent heard many people saying they want to trade up. It seems like a lot of people have the idea that if your select group of players isnt available you can just automatically trade down but its much tougher then that. I feel the same way with the Ravens. I feel like if a guy a like doesnt fall to 22 then we should trade down or out of the first round however i realize that this only happen a few times a year so it will be very unlikely, especially in the draft where it seems like about 15 teams have an interest in possibly trading down. So we gotta be prepared to make picks at where your current pick lies, even if it means picking a player you dont necessarily really want. Just my thoughts on the trading down issue, comment if you want.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think any team looking for a WR should look to trade up. Teams that need CBs will also look to trade up into the -15 range to get Rogers, Pac Man, or Rolle. A team that wants an Rb could trade up but RBs have been so easy to find in FA and the drasft that I doubt any team does that.

I agree totally with what you say though.

Just as a side point, I actually feel the Ravens should stay put no matter what however. They could either get a needed DL or a WR. i could actually see them move up to get a MArcus Spears or Erasmus James if they like him. I think they are in great oposition for theire needs as I dont think that Cody, Spears, James, Pollack will all be gone by their pick. Plkus they will look at Whit, Clayton, and Williamson if available. I would take any of those players at 22...
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333- check this out for my reasons on why i want us to trade down if possible:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10343
texansfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the trades are still gonna come on draft day. Probably not for picks in the top-10, but definitely beyond that. There is no concensus for anything beyond maybe the top 5 picks, so there is alot of potential for guys to rise and fall. A team picking in the late 20s might be incredulous someone is still available at 19 and look to trade up.

So I think the trades are still gonna come on draft day.
Hawkeye 5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once that clock start ticking on Apr 23 there will be teams looking to move. There will be alot of jocking for position. After the top 7 prospects it looks like alot of chaos could happen. Cant wait to see it all unfold
kml4ksu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Trading Down Reply with quote

With more teams wanting to move down and few teams wanting to move up, I predict we will see a few trades this year that deviate greatly from the trade value charts.

2 years ago the Chiefs wanted to draft Larry Johnson at 16 but did not like his value at this spot. They traded all the way down to 25 and only got a 3rd round pick (when the value chart said they should get a 2nd round pick.) and still drafted te player they wanted.

You might see a team trading up for Braylon Edwards. With the Phins or 49ers still getting a QB a few picks later.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: