Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Team Needs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: 2012 Team Needs Reply with quote

This thread is for team needs to help mock draft builders make their mocks.

Vikings Team Needs
1. Left Tackle
2. Defensive End
3. Wide Receiver
4. Safety
5. Offensive Guard
6. Cornerback
7. Outside Linebacker
8. Center
9. Tight End
10. Middle Linebacker

Last edited by The Gnat on Tue May 01, 2012 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
jagsr4real

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prior to FA happening the Jaguars team needs are:

1. MLB<--our starter is a FA and he isnt that good

2. OLB<--we arent likely to bring back Justin durant and we might have a replacement for him on our roster but we could use a guy who is good in coverage and run defense

3. CB<--mathis is a FA and he was our top corner. i have hope for issac our 5th round pick but hes unproven at this time. cox also needs to be pushed. our backups arent good in coverage

4. S<--we added a FS in the 4th round who seems to be a good talent but we need to possibley improve the coverage ability back there over the top.

5. DE<--we need to get a pass rusher and this could be moved up to number 1 if our pass rush stinks.

5. G/C<--meester is old as heck and we have 2 guys the coaches like but they were udfa's last year. we also have rackley and uche who can play center and guard. manuwai needs to be replaced soon as well.

6. DT<--we need a big NT type to backup terrance.

IN Blaine Gabbert I Trust

[quote="Adrenaline_Flux"] I'd rather have Katy Perry, but I'd be more than happy with Aimee Teegarden.[/quote] give me aimee all day
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguars:

1. Outside Linebacker--We are letting go Justin Durant, and have no one on the roster to compete for the spot.

2. Middle Linebacker- Kirk Morrison was a huge bust coming over from Oakland and needs to be replaced.

3. Safety- We need help at both spots, but Strong Safety is a key need, and the first we will adress.

4. Defensive End- Aaron Kampman with 2 new knees in 3 years, needs replaced eventually, but no one to push him.

5. Offensive Tackle- To push either Monroe or Britton for the starting role.

6. Center- Meester is what 50? While playing well last season, he needs to be replaced sooner rather and later.

7. Wide Receiver- I am realistic, Hill is not the saviour everyone wants to make him out to be.

8. Corner Back- Rashean Mathis is getting old, and while I like Rod Issac, he needs to show what he can do, or be stuck in that Nickel role.

#JDI
Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers:

OLB: Between Brad Jones, Frank Zombo, Eric Walden, and Ricky Elmore we have a whole lot of nothing special. We'd like to get Clay Matthews his Lamarr Woodley.

5-Tech: Mike Neal was a beast in preseason before he got injured last year but I'm not putting all my eggs in the basket of a second year player who didn't see a regular season snap. Cullen Jenkins is as good as gone. (Thanks Redskins for not letting him get to the Bears)

Guard: Daryn Colledge will most likely be gone and he sucks besides. TJ Lang is his natural replacement but I like Lang as a Utility Lineman who can back up every position.

Wide Receiver: James Jones is gone and Donald Driver is no longer as dependable as he used to be. Jennings, Nelson, and Cobb are the only receivers worth mentioning long term on the roster so another receiver is a need, even though we have three receiving TEs.

Backup QB: Matt Flynn is gone, hopefully traded for a (high) draft pick. If he isn't he'll get overpaid at the end of next season for his game against the Patriots. He's a good back up who could start a few teams in the NFL. With Rodgers concussion history, a backup is desired.

Backup NT: Raji played a ton of snaps last year, plus we're in deep **** if Ryan Pickett goes down because he's a starting DE and the backup NT. He's getting older so having guys ready to step in is key.
Zithers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers: kind of in order of importance

WR: Smitty is likely being traded. LaFell and Gettis will get their chances this year to prove themselves but if they don't work out, we'll be looking for someone to be our #1 guy. Might grab a vet in FA though, like Braylon or Floyd.

TE: Jeremy Shockey only signed for one year. Rob Chudzinski LOVES using the tight end. We tried trading up for Kyle Rudolph but couldn't get it done.

CB: Marshall is probably leaving. That leaves with Gamble, Munnerlyn, and rookie Hogan. Not a good trio, really. Might pick up a vet in FA as a stop-gap until we get our first round pick or Hogan develops.

S: Our safeties are both originally corners. I don't know why Fox did this. Drafting a real safety would be a good idea if they don't improve this year.

OT: Gross is getting up there in years and Otah is made of glass. If they can't bounce back in 2011, I could see an OT being a high pick.

DE: Potentially losing Charles Johnson which would leave us with Greg Hardy and Everette Brown. They've shown flashes of potential but getting an immediate impact pick would be great if they don't get better.

OLB: Only if we lose Thomas Davis and James Anderson to FA this year.

DT: We drafted McClain and Fua and may get another in FA but if we miss on all three, could go for a true stud with a higher pick.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals

Benson's latest arrest my create a need at RB. If we are drafting high, I'm not sure I want one in the first round, but mid or late would be ok.

Corner is also a potential need. Joseph is a free agent now, and Hall will be next year. I don't know if they will be able to keep both. If they do, CB is not a need. If they lose either, CB is a top priority.

Left Tackle is not a need at all, and if Andre doesn't figure it out this year, RT may be a need, but not with a top 10 pick.

Defensive line could be a need. Dunlap looks like a future star at one DE, the other hopefully becomes Michael Johnson. If he lives up to his potential DE is not a need. If not, DE is a need, and if we re-sign JoJo and Hall, a top need.

I doubt we spend a high pick on a DT. We rotate our DTs, and we have 3 solid ones. But if a DT is clearly the BPA in 1, (again, depending on Hall and JoJo) they could go that direction.

Caldwell and Simpson showed flashes last year, but I believe both are at the end of their contracts. If they don't blossom this year, or if they have great years and leave, WR may become a need. Not sure it would be a first round need, but I could see 2 or 3.

Potential later round needs:
Strong Safety - I'm not a big Robert Sands fan, but I'll give him a chance.
Right guard - Bobbie Williams is getting old.
Blocking TE - Reggie Kelly likely won't be back past this year, if he is back this year.
Full Back - Neither Pressley nor Vakapuna has shown anything consistently. Both have "potential", neither has been consistent yet.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys Team Needs

1. CB - This one's pretty obvious. Newman is likely gone after this season and who knows if Jenkins will rebound to '09 form or not.

2. S - Really either spot...there's hope Owusu-Ansah will be the answer at FS, but again...big unknown.

3. OG - Leonard Davis really regressed over the last two seasons...whether that's because of Colombo or what, who knows. Kosier is easily the 2nd best lineman on the roster behind Free, but can't stay healthy for a full season. We really need to find future replacements for both.

4. NT/DE - I know Ratliff has been an All-Pro at the position, but personally I'd like to see the team draft a nose guard who can actually consistently play the run. There's some potential in Brent, but as with all UDFA's...who knows?

5. OLB* - Depending on what progress Spencer makes this season under Ryan, this could vault up to being right up their as a top need going into next year. If Spencer plays well, then I'd like to see the team address the RB or QB positions.

Kicker could be a need as well depending on what happens with Buehler this season. I'd also like to see the team add more depth to the trenches in the latter rounds.

Posted this in the other thread. Of course, some of these needs could change depending on what happens in free agency within the next few weeks.

^^^mack
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of 9-4-11

For the Redskins:

1. QB- Umm... no explanation needed

2. MLB- London Fletcher's well past his prime and Rocky McIntosh is somewhat out of place in a 3-4. I highly doubt Keyaron Fox, Perry Riley, and Lorenzo Alexander can be long term solutions at the 3-4 LB positions.

3. Interior OL- Our offensive tackle are Trent Williams and Jammal Brown, so they're not a problem. Our interior OL is rather troublesome. Our only interior offensive linemen on the roster after the cuts are Kory Lichtensteiger, Will Montgomery, Erik Cook, and Chris Chester (maybe Sean Locklear as well).

4. NT- Our only nose tackles after the final cuts are Barry Cofield, and 7th round pick Chris Neild.

5. 3-4 DE- This is for depth purposes, mostly. We have Adam Carriker and Stephen Bowen set as the starters and Kedric Golston as a primary backup. Golston's not that good and neither is our second backup, Darrion Scott. The only reason Scott has a job is because of Jarvis Jenkins' ACL tear.

6. OL- Depth again. We only have 8 offensive linemen on the team. I don't think it's enough.

7. CB- We seem to draft one every year despite it never being that big of a need.

8. P- Sav Rocca's 37.

Not needs:

WR, RB, K, KR/PR, TE, OLB, S
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards

Last edited by Redskins24-7 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo Bills

As it stands right now (7/30/2011)...

1. 3-4 ILB: The current starters are Andra Davis and Reggie Torbor. Davis is ok, but he was injured most of last season and he will be 33 this year. Torbor is a weak replacement for Posluszny, who was lost in free agency. The Bills do have rookies in Kelvin Sheppard and Chris White, who will be expected to contribute. Arthur Moats, who had a promising rookie season last year will be moving inside to help out as well. Brad Jefferson and Brandon Hicks are undrafted rookies who will compete in camp with the rest of the group.

2. RT: Erik Pears is currently competing with Mansfield Wrotto and rookie Chris Hairston for the starting spot.

3. 3-4 OLB: Chris Kelsay is currently on one side with Shawn Merriman on the other. The one thing this unit has going for it are the young guys behind the starters who have showed promise (Antonio Coleman, Arthur Moats). Danny Batten is also in the mix, who missed his entire rookie season due to injury. Rounding out the current roster is Aaron Maybin, Jamie Kirlew, and UDFA Rob Eddins.

4. TE: There is no one of note on the roster. One of the reasons why this is not higher on the list is because the receivers and running backs are looking pretty good. I also feel a tight end upgrade would be more of a luxury than linebacker and right tackle right now.

5. QB: The Bills will need a franchise quarterback at some point. This is ranked lower at the moment, but it all really depends on how well Fitzpatrick does this season.

6. LT: Demetrius Bell has been improving each year, hopefully that will continue. There is also not much depth behind him.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguars Updated List

1. True #1 Wide Receiver. We have a great collection of number twos and no true deep or #1 threat to take the pressure off of Maurice Jones-Drew.

2. Defensive End (x2). Aaron Kampman coming off a second knee surgery and no real threat on the other side, looks like this could be addressed in this draft.

3. Cornerback. Mathis is on his last year of his contract and will not be retained, as he is asking too much. Now we have no depth behind him outside of Cox and a rookie in Rod Issac. Could be worth a first round look if there isn't a top Wide Receiver available.

4. Offensive Tackle. While we have our bookends, we have no depth behind them. Could be a mid to late round need and should be viewed as secondary need.

5. Center. While we did get Spitz this offseason, he is viewed as a Guard until Rackley is ready, but when he is could be moved to the Center spot. Remember Meester is also 36 and in his last contract year.

#JDI
BillySims

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am absolutely stunned to be saying this. But, as of right now, The Lions do not have any desperate needs. That is the first time, in over 40 years of watching the Lions that I have been able to say that.

Martin Mayhew for Executive of the Year Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

What he has done to turn the Lions around in only 3 off-seasons is nothing short of spectacular.

The Lions are in the position to just take the best player that falls to them.

I am STUNNED Exclamation STUNNED I SAY Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Leading the way back to respectability

Adopt A Lion 2011: Willie Young/Carnivorous Beast In Training.
mcdni

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baltimore Ravens

1. Center
- At the moment the Ravens likely do not have their center of the future on the team. Birk is old and already is having trouble with his knees in training camp. We did pick up a couple of UDFA centers in Tim Barnes and Ryan Bartholomew that many thought would be drafted but we can make any determination on these guys until they play so center is the biggest need for next season.

2. Guard - We don't have a backup for Grubbs or Yanda on the team now that Chester has signed for the Redskins. We will likely sign a cheap vet but we could do with a young guard to develop. Grubbs is also a free agent next season and after signing Yanda to a big deal this season the Ravens may not have enough room to sign Grubbs.

3. Inside Linebacker - It comes up every season, but the Ravens really need to address getting a successor to Ray Lewis at some point and it would be best to have someone come in and learn from Ray before he retires. This is also a year when there are a lot of ILBs going to be available in the draft.

4. Pass Rusher - The Ravens are being linked to Osi Umenyiora so the need for a pass rusher is evident even this season. Kindle has returned but is still an unknown quantity at this point in time. Depending on how things turn out with these 2 could determine whether this remains a need.

5. Safety - I would expect to see Zbikowski and Nakumara retained by the Ravens but at the moment the only safety under contract in 2012 will be Ed Reed. How high the Ravens need a safety is determined by the performance and status of these 2 guys.

6. Corner - Foxworth's contract likely dictates that he is cut next offseason. That leaves the Ravens possibly looking for a starter opposite Jimmy Smith. We have guys with potential in Webb and Brown along with depth in Williams and Carr so this season will determine how great a need CB will be next season.

7. RB - Rice is the only proven player under contract and his contract will be entering its final year next offseason so the Ravens will likely look to draft a number 2 back possibly some time on day 2 of the draft. A vet will probably be signed this season at some point but is unlikely to get a long term deal.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Jaguars Updated List

1. True #1 Wide Receiver. We have a great collection of number twos and no true deep or #1 threat to take the pressure off of Maurice Jones-Drew.

2. Defensive End (x2). Aaron Kampman coming off a second knee surgery and no real threat on the other side, looks like this could be addressed in this draft.

3. Cornerback. Mathis is on his last year of his contract and will not be retained, as he is asking too much. Now we have no depth behind him outside of Cox and a rookie in Rod Issac. Could be worth a first round look if there isn't a top Wide Receiver available.

4. Offensive Tackle. While we have our bookends, we have no depth behind them. Could be a mid to late round need and should be viewed as secondary need.

5. Center. While we did get Spitz this offseason, he is viewed as a Guard until Rackley is ready, but when he is could be moved to the Center spot. Remember Meester is also 36 and in his last contract year.

I agree with all of this, but for the same reason OT is up there, FS should be too. We dont know what we really have there, if we can get a great talent we should

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle Seahawks Needs by importance.....

1. Franchise QB- This is obvious. Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannenhill or Matt Barkley. One of these guys is gonna be a Seahawk. I could also see us taking another QB late in the draft as well.

2. Pass Rushing DT- We have NO pass rush in the middle of the field. We have to land a 3 technique DT like Jared Crick or Kawann Short.

3.SSLB- Since trading Aaron Curry, we have a huge need at SSLB.

4. CB- We have a young starter in Walter Thurmond and a ton of young corners that have looked pretty good, but Marcus Trufant is likely gone in the offseason.

5. DE- We need an edge pass rusher for the LEO position. Clemons is getting older and we have very little depth behind him.

6. O-Line depth- It seems like we are losing 2-3 starters a year to injury. It would be nice to find a player who could rotate at OT and OG for some much needed depth.

Last edited by TheOsprey on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
jagsr4real

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jags needs after the major splash of FA.

1a DE<--other than kampman whos coming off injury we dont have a good pass rusher.
1b CB<--mathis is likely to be gone after the season do to being a FA. colemen is a NB at best. issac is a promising rookie but is very unproven. cox is inconsistant.
2. #1 wr<--mike thomas isnt the true number 1 wr. hes like a steve smith of the panthers. the rest of the wrs we have are not established.
3. DT<--we need a NT to backup terrance because terrance keeps reporting to camp overweight and if knighten should get hurt our defense would suffer. we also could use a backup to alaulu if d'anthony smith doesnt do anything this year(3rd round rookie last year who had an achilles injury last year).
4. C/G<--we could use a linemen or 2 to groom for the future. we need to replace meester soon and we dont have a great backup for him other than FA addition spitz.
5. S<--greene landry and prons are the only safeties that are guranteed a job. we might need another guy.
6. P<--we lost podlesh and turk is old and saunders is unproven
7. K<--scoobee is a FA after the season and could leave.

IN Blaine Gabbert I Trust

[quote="Adrenaline_Flux"] I'd rather have Katy Perry, but I'd be more than happy with Aimee Teegarden.[/quote] give me aimee all day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: