Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Song Of Ice And Fire Thread (READ PG 1 !!!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superman 2000

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: A Song Of Ice And Fire Thread (READ PG 1 !!!) Reply with quote

I'm gonna throw caution to the wind and make a thread for the Game Of Thrones Series but before I go any further......

IF YOU HAVE NOT READ BEYOND GAME OF THRONES AND ARE JUST STARTING OUT I STRONG URGE YOU NOT TO GO ANY FURTHER THEN THIS POST. THE ARE A VAST NUMBER OF SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD AND I DON'T WANT TO RUIN THE EXPIERIENCE FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO FOCUS ONLY ON THE SERIES OR HAS NOT GOTTEN FAR INTO THE BOOK SERIES.

ONCE MORE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

The Series is as follows

A Game Of Thrones
A Clash Of Kings
A Storm Of Swords
A Feast For Crows
A Dance of Dragons

IF YOU HAVE ONLY GOT TO CLASH OF KINGS OR LESS, I AGAIN STRONGlY URGE YOU DON'T GO ANY FURTHER THEN THIS POST

So with that out the way I have already gotten past book 5 and am impatiently awaitng the sixth book The Winds of Winter which is "supposedly" due in 2017 or 2018 but I'm not holding my breath for even that. If no one else has gotten that far then I can hold off and we can discuss the series based on where the vast majority are at. If there are not enough people to do that (I figure hopefully most are at least at Storm of Swords which is good but if most are beyond that then maybe we can discuss the other books Feast Of Crows and Dance of Dragon) then we can simply stay at Storm Of Swords and wait till everyone else gets caught up or I save this to me PM Page and bring it our on October 1st and so on till everyone gets caught up.

Maybe if everyone who is interested in this can tell us what book they have finished or they are currently reading then maybe we can get an idea as to what can and what can't be talked about.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read all five. I'd rank them as follows...

1. A Storm of Swords
2. A Game of Thrones
3. A Clash of Kings
4. A Feast for Crows
5. A Dance with Dragons

And just for reference, my favorite characters are probably Barristan Selmy, Jaime Lannister, and Stannis Baratheon. There are a lot of really interesting ones really - though I can't say that I like Tyrion all that much. Everyone on the web seems to love that guy...I don't. He just gets on my nerves.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
I've read all five. I'd rank them as follows...

1. A Storm of Swords
2. A Game of Thrones
3. A Clash of Kings
4. A Feast for Crows
5. A Dance with Dragons

And just for reference, my favorite characters are probably Barristan Selmy, Jaime Lannister, and Stannis Baratheon. There are a lot of really interesting ones really - though I can't say that I like Tyrion all that much. Everyone on the web seems to love that guy...I don't. He just gets on my nerves.

Dude Tyrion is awesome

Him, Jon, Arya, Oberyn Martell and Gendry kickass.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPIC WIN THREADDDDDDD

My favorite characters are Robb, Stannis, Jaime, King Robert and........................

AEGON OH HELLLS YEA AEEEEGONNNNN. That dude totally made Dance for me. He listens to Tyron's good advice. Varys got his back. He attacks the impregnable Storm's End LIKE A BOSS. Oh and hes totally getting one of Dany's dragons.

If Stannis is dead (which is about 50/50 since Ramsey Bolton is well....a lying bastard). then I'm totally rooting Aegon to win this thing.

FF Member #67
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last... a thread where I am home. Thank you superman Smile

Dolorous Edd Tollett = Azor Ahai. It is known.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
EPIC WIN THREADDDDDDD

My favorite characters are Robb, Stannis, Jaime, King Robert and........................

AEGON OH HELLLS YEA AEEEEGONNNNN. That dude totally made Dance for me. He listens to Tyron's good advice. Varys got his back. He attacks the impregnable Storm's End LIKE A BOSS. Oh and hes totally getting one of Dany's dragons.

If Stannis is dead (which is about 50/50 since Ramsey Bolton is well....a lying bastard). then I'm totally rooting Aegon to win this thing.

Deets you think he's really Rhaegar's kid? I wonder if he was just a spare Blackfyre or Targaryen bastard. Fake or not it rules having another Targaryen alive
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going for the epic triple post...

http://www.tednasmith.com/other/grrmartin.html

Go to this website, ^ click on the pictures that scroll along the top, thank NYGiantsman10 later Cool
Deets

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Deets wrote:
EPIC WIN THREADDDDDDD

Deets you think he's really Rhaegar's kid? I wonder if he was just a spare Blackfyre or Targaryen bastard. Fake or not it rules having another Targaryen alive

When the first book started and I heard Viserys' situation I thought he was going to be this awesome dude who would end up being my favorite character.....well it didn't take an entire Danerys chapter to reveal that he was an idiot, a scumbag and totally unlikable. Aegon is everything I'd hoped for in Viserys. Plus hes got the eunich on his side so its harder for GRRM to kill him! Wink

FF Member #67
superman 2000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
EPIC WIN THREADDDDDDD

You and I both know Aegon is fake, I believe he is Illyrio and Sara son. You know "the Mummer's Dragon" and all. I fully expect for Dany to ride to KL and let Drogon have a nice piece of burnt prince for his troubles.

BTW am I only one that think Jon isn't a secret Targaryen (Rhaegar's Bastard) or the Prince That Was Promised ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Going for the epic triple post...

http://www.tednasmith.com/other/grrmartin.html

Go to this website, ^ click on the pictures that scroll along the top, thank NYGiantsman10 later Cool

Now THAT is what I call badass

Thanks for posting

Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the first two books quite well and I have enjoyed the stories of Jon/Samwell, Arya, Tyrion, and most recently Jaime but I felt like after the second book the author got bored with some of the characters and changed everything up a fair amount. The third one wasn't bad and had some great parts to the story, but other parts felt like he wanted to change the world so he could do more and introduced a fair amount that wasn't much more than that.

samgurl775

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even read past the first post in case of any possible spoilers Laughing so this will be my only post in this thread until I finish the series (I'm on page ~150 of A Storm of Swords). I was so hesitant to buy a Game of Thrones, but I can't be happier that I did; this series is now my second favorite behind Harry Potter. With school starting I won't be able to read as much as I would like, but hopefully I'll finish the series soon enough and be back in here to post about it Smile

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
Deets

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superman 2000 wrote:
Deets wrote:
EPIC WIN THREADDDDDDD

You and I both know Aegon is fake, I believe he is Illyrio and Sara son. You know "the Mummer's Dragon" and all. I fully expect for Dany to ride to KL and let Drogon have a nice piece of burnt prince for his troubles.

BTW am I only one that think Jon isn't a secret Targaryen (Rhaegar's Bastard) or the Prince That Was Promised ?

Theres no way to know for sure on Aegon's true heritage. Varys and Littlefinger are (to me) the most powerful and intelligent people in the entire series. Littlefinger is proven to be out for himself. Varys' motives on the other hand were far more mysterious. Aegon's existence explains a lot. I do believe hes real because if anyone could have pulled off the baby switch it would be Varys. Also, the fact that Jon Connington (established as a close friend of Rhaegar) is supremely loyal to Aegon gives more credibility to his claim.

Regardless of the truth of his heritage, Aegon has the eunich on his side. Hes also a total baller and listens to Tyron's advice so I'm rooting for him even if he is fake.

Oh and I think we can all have little doubt that Jon Snow is Azor Ahai (and is obviously not dead)

FF Member #67
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
superman 2000 wrote:
Deets wrote:
EPIC WIN THREADDDDDDD

Theres no way to know for sure on Aegon's true heritage. Varys and Littlefinger are (to me) the most powerful and intelligent people in the entire series. Littlefinger is proven to be out for himself. Varys' motives on the other hand were far more mysterious. Aegon's existence explains a lot. I do believe hes real because if anyone could have pulled off the baby switch it would be Varys. Also, the fact that Jon Connington (established as a close friend of Rhaegar) is supremely loyal to Aegon gives more credibility to his claim.

Regardless of the truth of his heritage, Aegon has the eunich on his side. Hes also a total baller and listens to Tyron's advice so I'm rooting for him even if he is fake.

Oh and I think we can all have little doubt that Jon Snow is Azor Ahai (and is obviously not dead)

Agreed with this. Another thing to consider is Cersei has done a marvelous job of effing up the Lannister-Tyrell alliance, which could erupt into an all out war at any given time now thanks to Kevan's death. So once little Tommen dies Sad The Tyrells will be free to ally with Aegon (they're noted Targaryen loyalists, look at Robert's Rebellion), giving Aegon the most powerful house in Westeros at his command.

Oh yeah, and that house also happens to have the most food and the best soldier (Randyll Tarly) as well. Then the Lannisters will really be up ish creek. The Martells hate them, the Tyrells will know they're weak, the Tullys will reemerge, the Starks will return with a vengeance, and the Arryns haven't made their move yet. They will literally be surrounded by enemies.

And Jon Snow is Azor Ahai. All the signs are there. Re-born amongst a bloody star (Ser Patrek's sigil was a star), smoke (his wounds were described as "smoking"), and salt (from Bowen Marsh's tears). Watch out Boltons, Jon Stark/Targaryen's a-coming Cool
Lions017

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd actually be really upset if Aegon is actually who he thinks/says he is. It just seemed to me like it was completely stupid to introduce him this late in the game, without any hints that he might be alive in previous entries in the series. I dunno, it just seems like a cop-out.

Of course, Varys is behind it all. Maybe he's been manipulated after all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: