Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Discussion Thread Vol. 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Onyxmeth


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 7227
Location: Glen Cove
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: NFC East Discussion Thread Vol. 2 Reply with quote

Here's the link to the original.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/posting.php?mode=reply&t=379236

How nice to start a new thread right on the cusp of the next regular season. Have at it folks, but keep it civil.
_________________

l3lind golfer wrote:
It's official. LeBron is staying in Cleveland. Quote that. I have a source. If it's not true, I'll never post here again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GEE MEN


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 4091
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Dream Team" is still talking. They must be tracking my posts here on FF. Vick claims no defense can be designed to stop him. Guess he didn't learn from VYs idiotic comment.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Vick-says-no-defense-can-be-designed-to-stop-him.html

I like Vick but im afraid he will not last the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22121
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Since your at it again Instigator Wink I'll bring this over from the General Thread about this subject!



Nabbs4u wrote:
mse326 wrote:
That_One_Guy wrote:
Quote:
Mike Vick apparently plans to earn every penny of his latest $100 million* contract.

Despite late-season evidence of regression and/or defenses figuring out Mike Vick 2.0 in 2010, Vick remains supremely confident in his abilities.

“I’ve been hearing that for years,” Vick recently told Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports. “You can’t design a defense to stop me, especially not on this team. We have so many weapons, and some teams have tried to make that their primary focus. That’s when we run up the score.”


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/02/vick-says-you-cant-design-a-defense-to-stop-me/

thoughts?


My thoughts are people seem to be ignoring the bolded part and reading what they want to.

He's saying if the defense is designed with him as the focus (that is stopping his running) they will get destroyed because there are too many weapons on the team.

It isn't at all meant as an arrogant statement (at least not on an individual basis, may arrogance in his team). It isn't meant to say he is god. He is giving mad props to the guys around him.

The title of this thread is exactly what is wrong with so many talking heads and some people here. They have their own agenda of what they want to see and construe statements to mean what they want even if it means completely disregarding part of the statement and the clear meaning.


Applause Applause Applause

It's whats to be expected unfortunately!!

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
GEE MEN


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 4091
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
^ Since your at it again Instigator Wink

It's whats to be expected unfortunately!!
[/quote]

Surprised we appreciate you offering your interpretation of the article and his comments. We don't distinguish between individual arrogance from team arrogance whether the Eagles of today or the Cowboys of yesteryear. Your interpretation isn't unreasonable, it's just not convenient for me Very Happy In all seriousness, i think given the dreams team fiasco, I think a little humility should be preached and he should let his play do the talking.

But i must admit, I hope they just keep talking. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Onyxmeth


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 7227
Location: Glen Cove
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That comment was just as much taken out of context and unnecessarily blown up as Eli's "Elite QB like Brady" comments. Vick's comments are correct, and the way the Eagles began coming down to Earth last season came as a direct result of team's not spying Vick, but playing aggressive to his presence inside the pocket as a passer.
_________________

l3lind golfer wrote:
It's official. LeBron is staying in Cleveland. Quote that. I have a source. If it's not true, I'll never post here again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jonu62882


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 18385
Location: Philadelphia, PA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
^ Since your at it again Instigator Wink

It's whats to be expected unfortunately!!


Surprised we appreciate you offering your interpretation of the article and his comments. We don't distinguish between individual arrogance from team arrogance whether the Eagles of today or the Cowboys of yesteryear. Your interpretation isn't unreasonable, it's just not convenient for me Very Happy In all seriousness, i think given the dreams team fiasco, I think a little humility should be preached and he should let his play do the talking.

But i must admit, I hope they just keep talking. Evil or Very Mad


How you gonna stop Mike Sick, pops?

You gonna go out there and do it? Like actually go out on the field and wrap two hands around him?

I'd like to see you try!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GEE MEN


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 4091
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonu62882 wrote:
GEE MEN wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
^ Since your at it again Instigator Wink

It's whats to be expected unfortunately!!


Surprised we appreciate you offering your interpretation of the article and his comments. We don't distinguish between individual arrogance from team arrogance whether the Eagles of today or the Cowboys of yesteryear. Your interpretation isn't unreasonable, it's just not convenient for me Very Happy In all seriousness, i think given the dreams team fiasco, I think a little humility should be preached and he should let his play do the talking.

But i must admit, I hope they just keep talking. Evil or Very Mad


How you gonna stop Mike Sick, pops?

You gonna go out there and do it? Like actually go out on the field and wrap two hands around him?

I'd like to see you try!!!


If you allowed the other 11 Giants on the field with me Laughing I ran a 4.3 back in the day....wayyyyy back in the day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jonu62882


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 18385
Location: Philadelphia, PA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
jonu62882 wrote:
GEE MEN wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
^ Since your at it again Instigator Wink

It's whats to be expected unfortunately!!


Surprised we appreciate you offering your interpretation of the article and his comments. We don't distinguish between individual arrogance from team arrogance whether the Eagles of today or the Cowboys of yesteryear. Your interpretation isn't unreasonable, it's just not convenient for me Very Happy In all seriousness, i think given the dreams team fiasco, I think a little humility should be preached and he should let his play do the talking.

But i must admit, I hope they just keep talking. Evil or Very Mad


How you gonna stop Mike Sick, pops?

You gonna go out there and do it? Like actually go out on the field and wrap two hands around him?

I'd like to see you try!!!


If you allowed the other 11 Giants on the field with me Laughing I ran a 4.3 back in the day....wayyyyy back in the day.


Must've had good training back in the day when cars were powered by foot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 19939
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonu62882 wrote:

Must've had good training back in the day when cars were powered by foot.


YABADABADOOOO!!!!!



Cool
_________________

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 3632
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can care less about Vick at all. he is overrated .
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXTNES_L3s0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJ8_uNMM_I&list=LLRM2s0GoIPWV7foTBLfFMRw&feature=mh_lolz
^^^^I like to I like to I like to ^_^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GEE MEN


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 4091
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The season is upon us gents. How about we get weekly predictions going with some commentary. Early game, Eagles v Rams (I already predicted Eagles start 0-3 so what do ya expect). Rams win the home opener with a relentless rush that has Vick running for his life (he may not finish the game). Rams 23 Eagles 16.

Giants at Skins. I think the Skins have our number this game. The offense will get to a slow start. Wrecks Grossman hooks up with the speedy Armstrong and Moss for the Gmen loss Skins 27 - Giants 20.

Cowboys at Jets. Jets D comes up big and confuses Romo into mistakes.
Jets 23 Boys 13.


2 out of 3. Romo never disappoints. And I don't think I am wrong on Vick either. Razz


Last edited by GEE MEN on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 9827
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see if Eli can keep the turnovers under 4.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 11707
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
The season is upon us gents. How about we get weekly predictions going with some commentary. Early game, Eagles v Rams (I already predicted Eagles start 0-3 so what do ya expect). Rams win the home opener with a relentless rush that has Vick running for his life (he may not finish the game). Rams 23 Eagles 16.

Giants at Skins. I think the Skins have our number this game. The offense will get to a slow start. Wrecks Grossman hooks up with the speedy Armstrong and Moss for the Gmen loss Skins 27 - Giants 20.

Cowboys at Jets. Jets D comes up big and confuses Romo into mistakes.
Jets 23 Boys 13.


If we lose to the Skins, you probably won't see me around for about a week. These skins fans are unbearable as it is from having a good preseason. Imagine if they beat us. Laughing

Rams 17 Eagles 14
Jets 30 Dallas 13
Skins 23 Giants 27
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:
But why not maintain that dominance? You guys were there...

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Art_Vandalay


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 21206
Location: Thornton, CO
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
I can care less about Vick at all. he is overrated .

So, you do care about Vick to some extent?

Wink
_________________
SoCalNiner wrote:
Bad luck Tony.

Finally doesn't choke.

Breaks back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maes


Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 7007
Location: STRONGISLAND4REAL
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit- my thoughts have change greatly revolving the NFCE over the last few weeks. I used to believe that there would probably be at least one wildcard from the division, but I am honestly starting to believe NFCE is one of the most overrated divisions in the NFL. Unfortunately (hopefully they can prove me wrong), I am not seeing much hope for the Giants reaching the playoffs (I'll put it as a 1:10 odd). Redskins also have a very slim chance, if any chance at all.

The Cowboys and Eagles I don't think are much better off, my thoughts are that the division leader might pull-off a 11 win season at absolute best (3rd/4th seed)- I don't really think there is any chance a wildcard comes from the NFCE anymore.

Hopefully I am proven wrong though, we will be able to tell much more clearly what will happen after tomorrows game. If Redskins win, the world is doomed.

Jets 24 Dallas 26
Rams 27 Eagles 41
Redskins 17 Giants 20
_________________
clowney.


Last edited by maes on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 1 of 73

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group