Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rugby League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Buckrock101 wrote:
That game was a lot better, but there is still a lot of room for improvement. Benji is still playing sub-par, and the kicking game as a whole was very weak. Also, I have no idea what Kerney's fascination is with Thomas Leuluai. Guy played more than Luke did this game, which is ridiculous. He's a solid player, but he's keeping one of our best attacking weapons off the field.

Looking forward to seeing what Adam Blair can add to the team when he comes back. Hopefully they stick him in the 2nd row and move Mannering out to center, in Brown's spot. I'm also hoping that Alex Glenn comes back into the starting lineup. He is underrated as hell, and I think Sika is better suited coming off the bench.

As long as we get past England I actually think we will beat Australia in the final.

It wouldn't surprise me. The Four Nations almost always comes down to one game anyway, and we're always a chance to win a one-off contest. Still, I'd like to see us put together something consistent, rather than just a flash in the pan.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith and Luke won't play in the final if NZ get there. Hopefully Luke gets a few games for that cheap shot.
#clueless
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Smith and Luke won't play in the final if NZ get there. Hopefully Luke gets a few games for that cheap shot.

Hopefully this ref finds out there are two teams out there and the Kiwi's get some penaltys. This is rubbish.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ref may as well be wearing red and white. Complete rubbish from a ref i normally rate. England getting away with early tackles, two man strips and slowing the ruck down. New Zealand do it and it's a penalty.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
Dessie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Dessie wrote:

Hopefully this ref finds out there are two teams out there and the Kiwi's get some penaltys. This is rubbish.

I reckon the ref has missed a fair few. Kiwi's have been messing about at the play the ball all night. Isaac Luke is a disgrace tbh.

22-6 now, come on England.
#clueless
Dessie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get in Sam Tomkins. 28-6. Good disciplined performance from England.
#clueless
Titansfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprise surprise it's the same ref for the final as it was for the first game between the two teams. Absolute joke, the ref was shocking. Williams should have been sent off and Briscoe's was a try. I feel we can beat the Aussies though, I really do.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great first weekend of footy. The Warriors game today was a classic, and that was a hell of a finish for the Tigers. I was going absolutely nuts when Beau scored his 2nd.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckrock101 wrote:
Great first weekend of footy. The Warriors game today was a classic, and that was a hell of a finish for the Tigers. I was going absolutely nuts when Beau scored his 2nd.

Warriors were pathetic IMO. The drop boys were terrible. Also funny how when Ropati went off there left side defense got heaps better. Hope the coaches noticed that. Lewis Brown should of come on early than in the second half as he was the best forward out there. Manu bombed two trys that I remember maybe more. They were trys i would of scored. stop patting him on the back and start kicking his butt when he does that.

Rant over.

Didn't get to see the Tigers game as i had to go out. Sounds like it was good.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Buckrock101 wrote:

Warriors were pathetic IMO. The drop boys were terrible. Also funny how when Ropati went off there left side defense got heaps better. Hope the coaches noticed that. Lewis Brown should of come on early than in the second half as he was the best forward out there. Manu bombed two trys that I remember maybe more. They were trys i would of scored. stop patting him on the back and start kicking his butt when he does that.

They were far from pathetic. They were very undisciplined, which cost them the game, but they were threatening the whole game. Johnson, despite making a couple of bad plays, looked really confident as the #1 playmaker, and is going to be a star this year. Hurrell too looked fantastic every time he had the ball, and has got to be in the starting lineup from here on out.

They're going to be title contenders if they clean up those little errors. Manly basically chanced their arm for the whole 80 minutes today, and it came off almost every time. The bounce of the ball isn't going to go their way as much as it did today.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckrock101 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Buckrock101 wrote:

They were far from pathetic. They were very undisciplined, which cost them the game, but they were threatening the whole game. Johnson, despite making a couple of bad plays, looked really confident as the #1 playmaker, and is going to be a star this year. Hurrell too looked fantastic every time he had the ball, and has got to be in the starting lineup from here on out.

They're going to be title contenders if they clean up those little errors. Manly basically chanced their arm for the whole 80 minutes today, and it came off almost every time. The bounce of the ball isn't going to go their way as much as it did today.

Haha I was still a little emotional when I posted that lastnight. So i was a bit harsh. Still think they played bad in that the error count should never be that high in those conditions but that's the warriors. They have games like that.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

been a league fan for a few years now (The mighty Hull FC!!) but just started getting into the NRL and have adopted the Roosters as my team before the season, my god did they solidify that on Monday! What an epic game! Love having more than the Super League to watch now Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't expecting to see a league thread when I stumbled into the Other Sports forum here - quite a pleasant surprise!

My location should give away my team. I was fairly happy with the Broncs' first-up effort this season, although the opposition was ordinary. Still, I think Brisbane will field one of the better defenses this year, and if they can get an identity in attack - centered around Wallace and Norman - they should be good enough for a top four finish. So much young talent on this team it's ridiculous.
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Culhwch wrote:
Wasn't expecting to see a league thread when I stumbled into the Other Sports forum here - quite a pleasant surprise!

My location should give away my team. I was fairly happy with the Broncs' first-up effort this season, although the opposition was ordinary. Still, I think Brisbane will field one of the better defenses this year, and if they can get an identity in attack - centered around Wallace and Norman - they should be good enough for a top four finish. So much young talent on this team it's ridiculous.

Some real good Kiwis on that team. Hoffman's gonna be a star at fullback (we better select him for the Anzac test before he changes his allegiance), Glenn is a man in the backrow, and Beale has his moments.

If they stay healthy, they're going to be right up there, imo. Hodges in particular, with no Locky, he'll be a key man in their attack.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame we couldn't lock up Hoffman and Glenn for QLD Origin! I don't think you'll have a problem with Hoffman's allegiance, though - it was a shame he got injured late last year or he'd have been a lock. Glenn is underrated, I think, but he should be the next captain.

As long as we don't rely on Hodges and make the attack too one-dimensional, we should be fine. That said, even when everyone knows Hodgo is getting the ball he can still step, fend and beat two or three men. But we need to spread the ball both ways - Reed is a stud as well.

The Cows can't play as badly as they did last week tonight - should be a good game. Always hate coming up against Thurston...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: