Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your Top 10 Clubs in the World
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well weigh in with my own opinion

1. Barcelona
2. Real Madrid
3. Bayern Munich
4. Man City
5. Man United
6. AC Milan
7. Arsenal
8. Tottenham
9. Chelsea
10. Juventus

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
A squad as talented as Manchester City couldn't qualify to the Last 16 in the CL.

They are most certainly not the 2nd best team in the world and it is wrong to place them up so high. You're saying the 2nd best team in the world is one that can't qualify to the Last 16..... really now???
I'm not saying the should be the #2 team but they definitely deserve to be in the discussion. They have as good as chance as anyone to beat Barcelona. I honestly couldn't care less if they got eliminated at the group stage or not, it doesn't change the fact their squad is absolutely brilliant and is absolutely among the worlds best. I refuse to say they are not a good team because they couldn't get out of a very good group in their first ever CL appearance, just because they did have a pathetic group with Dinamo Zagreb and Ajax doesn't mean they are one of the bst sides in the world.

I'd certainly have more confidence in City being able to challenge Barcelona than Real that is for sure. How many chances do they need to beat Barcelona? You would think that if Real were the number two team in the world they could actually beat them once, at least at home.

They have as good as chance as anyone to beat Barcelona? I know they are not unbeatable, but I think they are still not experienced as a cohesive unit of guys that would be able to go toe to toe with Barcelona. They have a talented squad sure, but we saw them struggle against Bayern Munich and Napoli. I think it's a stretch to simply say they can beat Barcelona.

Sure, they might be running over teams in the English Premiere League and they might have a squad is which is "absolutely brilliant and is absolutely among the worlds best," but by them getting knocked down to Europa shows that they simply don't have those qualities that will make them the 2nd best team in the world or even in the discussion for it.

Real Madrid had a easy group sure, but at least we did our job and got all 18 points (no other club got 1Cool and went on the Last 16. We're also showing strength in the domestic side by being 1st in the table.

How can you have more confidence in City than Real Madrid in beating Barcelona? We got the best manager in the world and a squad that even though is young in average age showed they can beat Barcelona in the Copa Del Rey final on neutral grounds and when Mourinho put an attacking team against Barcelona this month we had them in the 1st half and didn't get slaughter at all compared to what other teams would of if they had put such a formation of players.

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: