Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EPL: Mid-season First XI (Right Back)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Mid-Season EPL First Choice RB
Kyle Walker, Tottenham Hotspur
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
Micah Richards, Manchester City
63%
 63%  [ 14 ]
Glen Johnson, Liverpool FC
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chris Smalling, Manchester United
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Other (Please specify)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author Message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 19817
Location: RIP Tito
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
Why on earth is King winning this? I understand its close, but Richards is so injury prone. He hobbles off injured or has to miss a game every other week. Where as, [insert other CB here] has played in pretty much every game this season for us. He has arguably been our best player. I'm not saying he shouldnt be playing, but there must be a concrete reason why he never gets to play.

[Insert other CB] is the only choice here.


Look, I just did the same thing as you.
_________________
UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11660
Location: England
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
Why on earth is Richards winning this? I understand its close, but Richards is so injury prone. He hobbles off injured or has to miss a game every other week. Where as, Walker has played in pretty much every game this season for us. He has arguably been our best player, plus Richards isnt trusted to play in the big games and isnt even selected to the England squad. I'm not saying he shouldnt be playing, but there must be a concrete reason why he never gets to play.

Walker is the only choice here.


Man Citys Domiance...

When i posted, all the posts before mine were for Walker...when i voted on the Poll it was 11-5 in Richards favour....i was Flabbergasted....so id say its because he plays for Man City so he must be good philosphy...
_________________


Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
Richards and quite easily. Walker is fast...really fast, though.


Stuff like this just makes me laugh.
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Wyzzinator


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 18105
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you win some and you lose some, Kemp.

Anyway I'm gonna put up defensive midfielders tonight.

Something like Parker, Song, Toure, Barry, Jones, Tiote, Lucas Leiva (12 games), Rodwell, Romeu

Some of those players probably eligible at advanced midfield positions like Toure/Song since they play all over.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
Well you win some and you lose some, Kemp.

Anyway I'm gonna put up defensive midfielders tonight.

Something like Parker, Song, Toure, Barry, Jones, Tiote, Lucas Leiva (12 games), Rodwell, Romeu

Some of those players probably eligible at advanced midfield positions like Toure/Song since they play all over.


This is true, I expect at least 2 more Spurs players to make it anyway.
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Wyzzinator


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 18105
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
Well you win some and you lose some, Kemp.

Anyway I'm gonna put up defensive midfielders tonight.

Something like Parker, Song, Toure, Barry, Jones, Tiote, Lucas Leiva (12 games), Rodwell, Romeu

Some of those players probably eligible at advanced midfield positions like Toure/Song since they play all over.


This is true, I expect at least 2 more Spurs players to make it anyway.


Modric, Bale, Parker probably all could but they have some competition.

Only one Arsenal player will make it and that shouldn't even be close. Although I have a soft spot for Mikel Arteta. He's completed the 2nd most passes (probably first after Silva sat today) in the EPL with an accuracy around 88-91%.. Arsenal fans don't even notice it anymore because he's so consistent. However I think he lacks the flare of the players he'll be going up against in the midfield play maker role.
_________________


Last edited by The Wyzzinator on Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Oregon Ducks


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 16625
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Richards and quite easily. Walker is fast...really fast, though.


Stuff like this just makes me laugh.

I think the same about your homeristic posts.
_________________

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 318 rush yds(7.6), 660 rec yds(13.2), 5 TDs
Tyner: 387 rush yds(4.4), 65 rec yds(7.2), 4 TDs
Freeman: 1050 rush yds(5.6), 106 rec yds(9.6), 16 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
kempus wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Richards and quite easily. Walker is fast...really fast, though.


Stuff like this just makes me laugh.

I think the same about your homeristic posts.


Please can you justify your opinion to me then. At least I gave an explination why I would prefer Walker.
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoxSox2004


Joined: 17 Mar 2010
Posts: 18741
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
kempus wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
Well you win some and you lose some, Kemp.

Anyway I'm gonna put up defensive midfielders tonight.

Something like Parker, Song, Toure, Barry, Jones, Tiote, Lucas Leiva (12 games), Rodwell, Romeu

Some of those players probably eligible at advanced midfield positions like Toure/Song since they play all over.


This is true, I expect at least 2 more Spurs players to make it anyway.


Modric, Bale, Parker probably all could but they have some competition.

Only one Arsenal player will make it and that shouldn't even be close. Although I have a soft spot for Mikel Arteta. He's completed the 2nd most passes (probably first after Silva sat today) in the EPL with an accuracy around 88-91%.. Arsenal fans don't even notice it anymore because he's so consistent. However I think he lacks the flare of the players he'll be going up against in the midfield play maker role.


We've been playing him in the box to box role, not CAM as he played at Everton. He's not getting the space he used to.

And there will be more Spurs players in contention, but it won't be landslide. Plenty of competition this season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Wyzzinator


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 18105
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoxSox2004 wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
kempus wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
Well you win some and you lose some, Kemp.

Anyway I'm gonna put up defensive midfielders tonight.

Something like Parker, Song, Toure, Barry, Jones, Tiote, Lucas Leiva (12 games), Rodwell, Romeu

Some of those players probably eligible at advanced midfield positions like Toure/Song since they play all over.


This is true, I expect at least 2 more Spurs players to make it anyway.


Modric, Bale, Parker probably all could but they have some competition.

Only one Arsenal player will make it and that shouldn't even be close. Although I have a soft spot for Mikel Arteta. He's completed the 2nd most passes (probably first after Silva sat today) in the EPL with an accuracy around 88-91%.. Arsenal fans don't even notice it anymore because he's so consistent. However I think he lacks the flare of the players he'll be going up against in the midfield play maker role.


We've been playing him in the box to box role, not CAM as he played at Everton. He's not getting the space he used to.

And there will be more Spurs players in contention, but it won't be landslide. Plenty of competition this season.


He was playing like a man possessed yesterday in the 1st half. Had a burst of speed and agility I've never seen from him and was making every pass look easy. 2nd half he dropped off a bit but played tidy. Really glad we picked him up if only as a stop-gap for a few seasons.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ukjets21


Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 18596
Location: Newcastle, from Carlisle
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:
kempus wrote:
Why on earth is Richards winning this? I understand its close, but Richards is so injury prone.


The same reason King won, he's better.


Choose to ignore everything else I wrote Rolling Eyes

He isnt better, either.


You say there must be a concrete reason why Richards doesn't play as much?

Same could be said for:

Mertesacker having so many caps for Germany
Ramsey still being played (that's especially for you)
Nani still playing loads

There's many more which work the other way as well, sometimes managers get it wrong as well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoxSox2004


Joined: 17 Mar 2010
Posts: 18741
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walker is very fast and is great at putting in crosses. But he's not as good defensively as Richards. Nor is he as strong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17295
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
kempus wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:
kempus wrote:
Why on earth is Richards winning this? I understand its close, but Richards is so injury prone.


The same reason King won, he's better.


Choose to ignore everything else I wrote Rolling Eyes

He isnt better, either.


You say there must be a concrete reason why Richards doesn't play as much?

Same could be said for:

Mertesacker having so many caps for Germany
Ramsey still being played (that's especially for you)
Nani still playing loads

There's many more which work the other way as well, sometimes managers get it wrong as well.


There are reasons for all of those mentioned above, but I do agree with you. However, when Richards isnt trusted to play in the big games surely that must taint his value? Him not being called up for England is a joke, but Fabio must agree with Mancini that Richards cant be trusted on the big stage. I dont agree with it, but I find it hard to believe that both managers are that wrong about him, considering their pedigree.

Walker and Richards are 1a and 1b, but for some reason Richards has over double the votes. The fact is that Walker is more important to his team and is trusted to play in every game and performs in all of them.
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ukjets21


Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 18596
Location: Newcastle, from Carlisle
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
Walker and Richards are 1a and 1b, but for some reason Richards has over double the votes. The fact is that Walker is more important to his team and is trusted to play in every game and performs in all of them.


I don't see what the reasons are, City rotate loads and Capello is a clown when it comes to selection.

The reason Walker is more important is purely because Spurs aren't as deep as City and would suffer more were he replaced.

I think Richards is better defensively and he's no slouch on the attack so I'd take him for that reason. Though this season those two have been well above everyone else.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group