Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Ballon D'Or
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ballon d'Or
Lionel Messi
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Cristiano Ronaldo
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Xavi Hernández
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Andrés Iniesta
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Robin van Persie
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Luis Suárez
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
David Silva
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nemanja Vidic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Thiago Silva
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Edinson Cavani
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Manuel Neuer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Others
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
Or maybe it's just that the top teams in the EPL aren't as good as you guys think they are. Think
I don't think there is any doubt that Real and Barca are exponentially better than Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool in all honesty. It's just from 3-20 I would take EPL over La Liga and I think that is what most people are arguing.

I also think it is a bit of a crime that Ronaldo only has two votes. Sure Messi won all the trophies but Ronaldo was pretty amazing last season. I would be more inclined to vote for him than Messi I think.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
yankee0724

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
Or maybe it's just that the top teams in the EPL aren't as good as you guys think they are. Think

Hahahaha

I can't tell the intentions behind your laughing...

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:

Hahahaha

I believe, on this very rare occasion, he is agreeing with you.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
I don't think there is any doubt that Real and Barca are exponentially better than Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool in all honesty. It's just from 3-20 I would take EPL over La Liga and I think that is what most people are arguing. I also think it is a bit of a crime that Ronaldo only has two votes. Sure Messi won all the trophies but Ronaldo was pretty amazing last season. I would be more inclined to vote for him than Messi I think.
Aha, you agree with me that it should be Cristiano Ronaldo, if you were to vote on merit of course Smile
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
I don't think there is any doubt that Real and Barca are exponentially better than Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool in all honesty. It's just from 3-20 I would take EPL over La Liga and I think that is what most people are arguing. I also think it is a bit of a crime that Ronaldo only has two votes. Sure Messi won all the trophies but Ronaldo was pretty amazing last season. I would be more inclined to vote for him than Messi I think.
Aha, you agree with me that it should be Cristiano Ronaldo, if you were to vote on merit of course Smile

If I were voting actual Balon D'Or my vote would likely be for Ronaldo as well. Better individual season in 2011 imo.

teamorange wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
This game wasnt that bad. Ive seen much worse.

Of course. you watch Chelsea.
yankee0724

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:

Hahahaha

Which, since that was a 100% troll post, I can't decide if that's a good thing or not.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
PurpleLion wrote:
There was football before this August you guys know, it's when Messi was scoring in the Champions League, the winning match and when Cristiano Ronaldo was driving Real Madrid into the semis. Arsenal was only playing in the Premiership and trying for a placement next season. I've been the fan of Arsenal for awhile, they got past Wright, Bergkamp, Henry, Cesc and others. They would still get top 6 in the Premiership even if they sold Van Persie. He was part of the drop into the bottom half, even if it wasn't only his fault, he's getting them up, that's what you're supposed to do. The great players don't allow their club to drop and those who do, don't win the award for the best player in the world
You realize Van Persie was still scoring goals for fun the second half of last season right? You honestly believe Arsenal would be top six without Van Persie right now? You must be having a laugh. Who exactly would be scoring the goals for them right now? Gervinho?, Walcott
They would make it, they always do. Somebody would be scoring the goals, maybe they buy from another club, tactics are altered as such, their one man army finds they have more generals or near generals than first thought, power in numbers. The same questions were asked after Wright, Bergkamp, Henry, Adebayor and others, they were asked after Cesc, Nasri, etc, who stood up, Van Persie.
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
PurpleLion wrote:
There was football before this August you guys know, it's when Messi was scoring in the Champions League, the winning match and when Cristiano Ronaldo was driving Real Madrid into the semis. Arsenal was only playing in the Premiership and trying for a placement next season. I've been the fan of Arsenal for awhile, they got past Wright, Bergkamp, Henry, Cesc and others. They would still get top 6 in the Premiership even if they sold Van Persie. He was part of the drop into the bottom half, even if it wasn't only his fault, he's getting them up, that's what you're supposed to do. The great players don't allow their club to drop and those who do, don't win the award for the best player in the world
You realize Van Persie was still scoring goals for fun the second half of last season right? You honestly believe Arsenal would be top six without Van Persie right now? You must be having a laugh. Who exactly would be scoring the goals for them right now? Gervinho?, Walcott
They would make it, they always do. Somebody would be scoring the goals, maybe they buy from another club, tactics are altered as such, their one man army finds they have more generals or near generals than first thought, power in numbers. The same questions were asked after Wright, Bergkamp, Henry, Adebayor and others, they were asked after Cesc, Nasri, etc, who stood up, Van Persie.

This is true. It'd be hard to imagine us having a shot at Top 4 this season without RVP though. Although I've seen this team make Bendtner and Chamakh look good, of course that was with Jack & Nasri (Cesc was hurt a ton last year). Once Jack is back hopefully we take on a new dynamic.

teamorange wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
This game wasnt that bad. Ive seen much worse.

Of course. you watch Chelsea.
ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:

Hahahaha

Yup.

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, fellow great Arsenal fans, it's superb to have the same player be the #1 goalscorer for the club in consecutive seasons for once since Henry was there. A small ego player who can attract attention, push and score, not just a player like Adebayor who seemed to stand around too much or jaw with teammates like Bendtner. You build around a player like that and I always hope for the best.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
PurpleLion wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:

If I were voting actual Balon D'Or my vote would likely be for Ronaldo as well. Better individual season in 2011 imo.

I'd still vote RVP. To point to Barca's and Real's success as evidence of Messi/Ronaldo being better is a bit unfair. Especially Messi, Messi is in a dream set up at Barca, it's all about feeding him the ball to score. Where Messi has Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, now Fabregas and Sanchez. Robin van Persie has to suffer Aaron Ramsey, Theo Walcott and Gervinho/Arshavin. I'd say RVP has been the best player when considering the context.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: