Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Neil Warnock sacked by QPR- Mark Hughes confirmed as manager
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Backspacer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two years ago everyone was on Kranjcar's nuts, what happened?
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backspacer wrote:
Two years ago everyone was on Kranjcar's nuts, what happened?
Spurs.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
EnglishLion20 wrote:
Didnt Hughes leave Fulham as he wanted to win and compete for Titles? So he goes to QPR? Egg on face time Mr Hughes. Still its a good appointment, i think he will consolidate them as a Solid mid table Premiership team over the coming years.
I remember that it was Hughes who left Fulham just because he assumed or heard something about Villa wanting him. The rumor is that Lerner was turned off by his presumption or the way he left Fulham, that he wasn't any longer interested and it's quite debatable whether he already was in the first.

I heard about that, but even so Its apparant Villa arnt spending Money and are happy at the moment to be around mid to lower table.

Hughes also would have had to sell his best players and have little money, i doubt he would have left Fulham who had been good to him, where he had done a good ''Unfinished'' Job simply at the Chance to SPEAK to Aston Villa....You dont leave a Job where your wanted by the owners/fans at the CHANCE of a Lateral move in management. Football managers jobs arnt secure enough for it.

Then of course afterwards he stated left Fulham as they dont share his ambition of moving forward and competeting for Titles........and if Fulham dont, Aston Villa certainly dont.

So im not convinced of that rumour, could have played a factor though, but has to be more to it.

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
^ Eh?
I'm guessing this means that you don't agree with me or maybe that you've returned from holiday.
It means the block text, mixed with the missing context has me confused as to what your point was.

PurpleLion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also heard about the supposed Fulham aren't ambitious comment. The rumor is that Al Fayed explained how he's put bucks into the club and how they were in the First Division when he bought them. He allegedly said how the players greatly like playing for Fulham and that he visits the locker room often. Also he supposedly said that he asks his players if the have any complaints. Then he was alleged to have really lambasted Hughes. Rumor being that he said how he rescued him after Manchester City and that he was lucky to have still been managing in the Premiership. This was said to have been mentioned to a reporter in response to his comments after he left Fulham.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
I also heard about the supposed Fulham aren't ambitious comment. The rumor is that Al Fayed explained how he's put bucks into the club and how they were in the First Division when he bought them. He allegedly said how the players greatly like playing for Fulham and that he visits the locker room often. Also he supposedly said that he asks his players if the have any complaints. Then he was alleged to have really lambasted Hughes. Rumor being that he said how he rescued him after Manchester City and that he was lucky to have still been managing in the Premiership. This was said to have been mentioned to a reporter in response to his comments after he left Fulham.
Most of that is fact and not rumor. Al Fayed came out and said most of it to reporters. Hughes apparently wanted more money than Al Fayed could really put into the club and resigned after agreeing verbally to a new contract. He resigned and thought he would go to Aston Villa (who probably have less money than us) and that didn't work out. Hughes tried to use Fulham as a stepping stone and showed absolutely zero loyalty to a club and an owner who took a chance on him, absolute scum. I understand that is the nature of football but that is showing no class in my opinion, I wish him absolutely zero luck at QPR. It has less to do with the fact he left the club (I still worship Hodgson) but the way he left it and for what club he left it.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know about Fulham more than me and it seems like it was fact then. Lots of rumors said with the Premiership. I read many of them and most often ignore the rumors. Later when there is conversation, I'll remember the bits and pieces. Al Fayed sold Harrods and Lerner's NFL team is run by his son because of the multi team rule in the league. He likely has greater transfer funds or availabllity than Lerner. Also remember something said about how Al Fayed attends a bunch of Fulham's matches, more in comparison with the other owners as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: