Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Soccer All-Time XI Draft - Round 1 - Closed amac wins

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Team will Win
amac
53%
 53%  [ 14 ]
ukjets21 + Dr.Philly
46%
 46%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 26

dotmotion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: FF Soccer All-Time XI Draft - Round 1 - Closed amac wins Reply with quote

amac
New York Redbull

sub: Robert Pires
Quote:
Pele-all time leading scorer for Brazil and Santos
Ronaldo- all time leading scorer in World Cup history
Zico- all time leading scorer for Flamengo, and possibly the best scoring CAM of all time, also a great playmaker
Figo- an excellent set up man from the wing w/ his crosses, passing and dribbling

= unstoppable

Jose Santamaria and Ricardo Zamora completely dominated their eras if you havent heard of them

Ruud Krol as well, a top 5 fullback of all time, and while he played more left back he was right footed and played RB occasionally. An all around fullback who could attack and defend

Fernando Redondo will serve as the deep-lying playmaker, dictating the flow of the game with his crisp pinpoint passing and playing in through balls to the forwards, also capable of pushing up and taking on players himself, along with being a fantastic defender. Truly one of the most complete CMs of all time

vs

ukjets21 + Dr.Philly
FTMP

Sub: Socrates

Last edited by dotmotion on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Imarobot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving these close match ups.

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:

I agree, I prefer amac's team to be honest. His front 4 are pretty amazing and he has 2 of the best DM you could have.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
ukjets21

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
Imarobot wrote:

I agree, I prefer amac's team to be honest. His front 4 are pretty amazing and he has 2 of the best DM you could have.

I think there's nothing in between. The 4 are lethal, Figo especially with Pele and Ronaldo to finish his work, but I just don't see anything resembling a true intermediate between the front 4 and Redondo/Vieira. Besides I don't have a real AM for them to nullify as Pirlo is a deep lying playmaker as opposed to my sub Socrates.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, amac clearly wins the forward and midfield match ups.

I think what worries people about amac's team is his d. Many haven't heard of Santamaria and have a poor opinion on Terry. However, Santamaria was the top defender during Real Madrid's glory years in the 50s/60s. Absolutely class in defense.

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
kempus wrote:
Imarobot wrote:

I think there's nothing in between. The 4 are lethal, Figo especially with Pele and Ronaldo to finish his work, but I just don't see anything resembling a true intermediate between the front 4 and Redondo/Vieira. Besides I don't have a real AM for them to nullify as Pirlo is a deep lying playmaker as opposed to my sub Socrates.

Essentially it would be Vieira, Redondo and Zico is a midfield trio. I think thats stronger than yours, but thats my opinion. Your defense is really good but it would be very hard to cover Pele, Ronaldo and Figo.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
amac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i edited in a part about Redondo in my team description since people keep saying i dont have a distributor or someone to link defense to attack... and if you need proof of Zico's passing ability:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXAUMHdoIt0

edit-plus vieira was more of a box to box than a pure defensive mid, im really not getting that argument

Last edited by amac on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
ukjets21

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:
kempus wrote:
Imarobot wrote:

Essentially it would be Vieira, Redondo and Zico is a midfield trio. I think thats stronger than yours, but thats my opinion. Your defense is really good but it would be very hard to cover Pele, Ronaldo and Figo.

I'd take Scholes, Pirlo and Gattuso over Vieira, Redondo and Zico but they're a very hard midfield to break down with two such good defensive midfielders. The forwards amac has are ridiculously good but I think my defence is up to it. Whereas my forwards are weaker but so is amac's defence. It's a very close match up, as the poll indicates.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amac wrote:
i edited in a part about Redondo in my team description since people keep saying i dont have a distributor or someone to link defense to attack... and if you need proof of Zico's passing ability:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXAUMHdoIt0
It's not just the distributor, where you have Zico and the other frontline players. You have talent, don't want to say more until I've posted my opinion of how I have voted, it wouldn't be fair to either team.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please vote for Us. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
dotmotion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amac wins this with 14 votes compared to ukjets' 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: