Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Soccer All-Time XI Draft - Round 2 - Kempus vs. texans_uk

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Team will Win
Kempus
78%
 78%  [ 15 ]
texans_uk
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 19

dotmotion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: FF Soccer All-Time XI Draft - Round 2 - Kempus vs. texans_uk Reply with quote

Don't Post a Reply in this Thread Until Kempus and tex post their preamble. Also, it would be cool if you guys wait till they post those before you vote

kempus
Tottenham Hotspur

Sub: Marco Tardelli

vs.

texans_uk
Suffolk N Close

Sub: Eric Cantona

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempus for me. I just don't think Tex has the goal scoring power to win this match up.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Maier - 4 League Titles, 3 Domestic Cups, 3 European Cups, 1 World Cup, 1 European Championship, 3 German Footballer of the Year awards"

"Moore - 1 World Cup, 1 Domesitc Cup, 1 Cup Winners Cup, 1 European Football of the Year Silver Award, 1 FWA Footballer of the Year, 1 BBC Sports Personality, O.B.E, World Team of the 20th Century
Desailly - 2 League Titles, 2 European Cups, 1 Domestic Cup, 1 World Cup, 1 European Championship, Premier League Team of the Decade.
Hansen - 8 League Titles, 5 Domestic Cups, 3 European Cups."

"Alberto - 1 World Cup, 7 Brazilian Championships, 3 Brazilian Cups, World Team of the 20th Century
Zanetti - 5 League Titles, 4 Domestic Cups, 1 European Cup, 1 UEFA Cup, 145 International Caps"

"Tigana - 1 Ballon d'or Silver Award, 1 European Championship, 3 League Titles, 3 Domestic Cups
Ballack - 6 League Titles, 7 Domestic Cups, 3 German Footballer of the Year Awards, 2 World Cup Team of the Tournament, 2 European Championship Team of the Tournament"

"Matthews - 2 FWA Footballer of the Year, 1 European Footballer of the Year (beating di Stefano, Puskas, Yashin and more)
Cruyff - 10 League Titles, 7 Domestic Cups, 3 European Cups, 4 Dutch Footballer of the Year Awards, 3 European Football of the Year"

"Kocsis - 75 International goals in 68 games, 6 League Titles, a reported 296 goals in 335 club games"

No goals?

Sandor Kocsis - 68 Caps 75 Goals 335 Club games 296 Goals

Johan Cruyff - 48 Caps 33 Goals 520 Club games 290 Goals

Michael Ballack - 98 Caps 42 Goals 414 Club Games 104 Goals

kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt about it, this would be a great match up. Players such as Moore, Ballack and Cruyff were beasts in their prime. However, I feel that I hold the advantage in a number of key areas. How the formation is set out, I feel that my front 4 players could have a field day against his back 3. None of his back 3 are known for their pace and with the likes of Henry, Giggs and Messi running at them, they would be in considerable trouble.

I also feel that Messi would be able to ruin Zanetti on the left wing. Don't get me wrong, I like Zanetti. I just feel he would have a lot of trouble in the role that he has been asked to play. Not only is it on his less favoured side, but he would have to run that flank all game to provide any kind of support to the midfield. I just think too much rests on Alberto and Zanetti getting forward in order to support the midfield.

I also feel I have the advantage in the center of the park. Neither Tiguan or Ballack are real creative midfielders like Laudrup. Ballack is an incredible box to box player, but I just don't feel he has the flair required.

I have to agree with Lee as well, I think my defense matches up pretty well against your front 3. I would be most worried about Cruyff, but I think that Maldini, Nesta and Vidic could deal with Matthews and Kocsis. All in all I feel that my team has the advantage in the key areas of the pitch. It could be a great game though.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My formation is largely based around the Magnificent Magyars of the 1950s.

I have one of the most underrated goalkeepers of all time in Sepp Maier, here is a man who has won everything as a player, both in a team and as an individual. I mean he won 3 footballer of the year titles, against greats such as Franz Beckenbauer and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge during Germanys golden period in the 70s.

My back 3 are all known for their excellent athleticism as well as their leadership and command of their defense. Combined I think these 3 would have be able to hold their own against any oncoming attacks. They would be shielded by someone else who largely goes under the radar, Jean Tigana, a former Ballon d'or runner up and a large part of the France 1984 European Championship winning team.

Carlos Alberto and Javier Zanetti were the poster boys for their position during their generations. I have no fear with Zanetti on the right or on the left as I have seen him play both comfortably. And I think the pair would give as good as they got with Giggs and Messi.

Then my front four is what I am really pleased with, I have in my opinion one of the greatest ever box to box midfielders in Michael Ballack. A man, unlike anyone else on these teams LITERALLY carried his country to a World Cup final (2002), and absolute machine in the middle of the park. Maybe he wouldn't be described as a "playmaker" but that isn't to say he isn't exceptionally creative and his bursting runs forward would be a nightmare against an opponent who are more like a 5-0-5 formation. Then I have Matthews hugging the right touchline to feed the likes of Kocsis and Ballack with Cruyff loitering around the box.

Kocsis has the greatest goals/games ratio in international history, he was overshadowed in his prime by Puskas but was every bit as effective. Something else that goes underrated is Cruyffs scoring record, a return of better than a goal every other game and was very better in his prime with Ajax, with a goal every 1.25 games.

Patro14

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting match up, I feel like kempus has the advantage here. Mainly because it's asking to much for some players, if Messi gets in Zanetti's back he's good as gone with so much space. He will have to be cautious on when he attacks or stays up the midfield. Carlos Alberto won't be able to stop quick link ups between Giggs and Henry on the wings and that would leave 3 players, that are world class, I agree, but I don't see them covering well enough to stop van Basten, Henry or Giggs, Messi if he gets space and Laudrup. There will be more than enough space to have texans_uk defence against a wall.

However, if Suffolk N Close wins the midfield battle the game might be theirs. Souness will be asked to put on a show to stop Ballack or Cruyff, and that won't happen. Ballack could very well destroy the midfield and reach kempus box as one more attacking player, but then he'll face a wall they'll have a hard time breaking.

That being said, I think the midfield will be a zone of transition with so many athletic players and that gives the advantage to kempus.

kempus, 2-3.
amac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just realized kempus has The King and no spuds Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amac wrote:

He meant to draft Ledley King Laughing

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
amac wrote:

He meant to draft Ledley King Laughing

None of the current Spurs players have proved enough yet. The guys who I considered were Gazza, Hoddle, Mackay, Jennings, Klinsman, Lineker and probably a couple of others.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
RoxSox2004

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't overlook a front four like Kempus's. Messi, Henry, AND Van Basten? Too much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: