Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012-13 College Basketball Thread - Season is here, Leggo!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 45154
Location: Milwaukee, WI (PB87 on the RAD sig!)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: 2012-13 College Basketball Thread - Season is here, Leggo! Reply with quote

The other thread is way beyond the 100 page limit so I figured I'd start a new one.
_________________

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8


Last edited by bkobow05 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:08 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seminoles1


Joined: 10 Jan 2005
Posts: 35940
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
I've got a feeling the ACC is going to be strong as hell again soon. NC State is on the upswing. Maryland is going to only get better under Turgeon. Syracuse is coming over. Pitt may be coming over next year if they want to pay the exit fee from the Big East. Virginia has a nice recruiting class. Va Tech always a thorn. Miami should continue to grow under Larranaga. Ga Tech has Carter and Hunt coming in next year. Clemson is young and still learning under Brownell. Wake is still an unknown as is BC. Then you have the obvious two in UNC and Duke.

I'm excited for the future of ACC basketball.
Well you obviously didn't want to mention FSU because they are about to start dominating the ACC.
Laughing

Did I seriously leave them out? My bad. Yeah FSU is going to keep playing well but aren't they losing a lot of seniors this year? How are their younger guys looking?
Next year will be interesting to watch. They will not have a lot of depth like this season, but they will return Snaer, Ian Miller, and Okaro White who are their 3 most talented players offensively. Terrance Shannon will also be back from injury after looking like a good big man off the bench early this season. But after that is nothing but question marks. Terry Whisnant and Antwan Space were 4* recruits last season but haven't been able to break into the rotation. And they are bringing 2 more 4* guys this season in Aaron Thomas and Montay Brandon. The only problem is that the tallest guy among all the players I just listed is 6'8" and all of their bigger name recruits are perimeter players. And Shannon is the only one with any kind of bulk to him. They will be deep on the perimeter but razor thin in the frontcourt.
_________________

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 45154
Location: Milwaukee, WI (PB87 on the RAD sig!)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
What can you tell me about Michigan's other 2012 commits (Glenn Robinson III and Nick Stauskas). From what I can gather, both are unanimous 4*, top 100 type guys that fit Michigan's system. Can you add anything else about them?


Robinson is pretty much like his dad minus the fact that he doesn't attack the basket much. He's an excellent wing player with good size and a 3 point shot. His ball-handling is iffy (kind of like Harrison Barnes in that regard) and he can get passive at times but the sky is the limit for him.

Don' really know much on Stauskas other than he's a good fit for Michigan's system, like you said.
_________________

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 45154
Location: Milwaukee, WI (PB87 on the RAD sig!)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
Next year will be interesting to watch. They will not have a lot of depth like this season, but they will return Snaer, Ian Miller, and Okaro White who are their 3 most talented players offensively. Terrance Shannon will also be back from injury after looking like a good big man off the bench early this season. But after that is nothing but question marks. Terry Whisnant and Antwan Space were 4* recruits last season but haven't been able to break into the rotation. And they are bringing 2 more 4* guys this season in Aaron Thomas and Montay Brandon. The only problem is that the tallest guy among all the players I just listed is 6'8" and all of their bigger name recruits are perimeter players. And Shannon is the only one with any kind of bulk to him. They will be deep on the perimeter but razor thin in the frontcourt.
Where would you expect them to be in regards to the ACC Standings? Assuming Cuse comes over next year, would you see them as the 4th best team or just behind NC State?
_________________

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seminoles1


Joined: 10 Jan 2005
Posts: 35940
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
Next year will be interesting to watch. They will not have a lot of depth like this season, but they will return Snaer, Ian Miller, and Okaro White who are their 3 most talented players offensively. Terrance Shannon will also be back from injury after looking like a good big man off the bench early this season. But after that is nothing but question marks. Terry Whisnant and Antwan Space were 4* recruits last season but haven't been able to break into the rotation. And they are bringing 2 more 4* guys this season in Aaron Thomas and Montay Brandon. The only problem is that the tallest guy among all the players I just listed is 6'8" and all of their bigger name recruits are perimeter players. And Shannon is the only one with any kind of bulk to him. They will be deep on the perimeter but razor thin in the frontcourt.
Where would you expect them to be in regards to the ACC Standings? Assuming Cuse comes over next year, would you see them as the 4th best team or just behind NC State?
5th or 6th. It will be a down year next season unless Snaer has a Toney Douglas type senior year ascension.
_________________

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
11sanchez11


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 9123
Location: Tucson, AZ
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 get ready to welcome Arizona to the NIT.
_________________

El ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 45154
Location: Milwaukee, WI (PB87 on the RAD sig!)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
Next year will be interesting to watch. They will not have a lot of depth like this season, but they will return Snaer, Ian Miller, and Okaro White who are their 3 most talented players offensively. Terrance Shannon will also be back from injury after looking like a good big man off the bench early this season. But after that is nothing but question marks. Terry Whisnant and Antwan Space were 4* recruits last season but haven't been able to break into the rotation. And they are bringing 2 more 4* guys this season in Aaron Thomas and Montay Brandon. The only problem is that the tallest guy among all the players I just listed is 6'8" and all of their bigger name recruits are perimeter players. And Shannon is the only one with any kind of bulk to him. They will be deep on the perimeter but razor thin in the frontcourt.
Where would you expect them to be in regards to the ACC Standings? Assuming Cuse comes over next year, would you see them as the 4th best team or just behind NC State?
5th or 6th. It will be a down year next season unless Snaer has a Toney Douglas type senior year ascension.
Well I have him slated as my 2012-2013 ACC Player of the Year right now. Wink
_________________

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
norcalraider510


Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 6376
Location: The Itty Bitty City By The Water
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Kevin Harlan

OHHHHHHHHH HE DROPPED THE SLEDGEHAMMER
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 45154
Location: Milwaukee, WI (PB87 on the RAD sig!)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
bkobow05 get ready to welcome Arizona to the NIT.


Welcome to the National Invitational Tournament, Arizona. Wink
_________________

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 41529
Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William Buford could have made that








After missing 10 straight wide open looks Mad
_________________

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
norcalraider510


Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 6376
Location: The Itty Bitty City By The Water
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CU dodged a bullet.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
11sanchez11


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 9123
Location: Tucson, AZ
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
11sanchez11 wrote:
bkobow05 get ready to welcome Arizona to the NIT.


Welcome to the National Invitational Tournament, Arizona. Wink
Crying or Very sad
_________________

El ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 45154
Location: Milwaukee, WI (PB87 on the RAD sig!)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible execution by Zona on that final possession. You cannot pick up your dribble without a T.O. there.
_________________

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
11sanchez11


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 9123
Location: Tucson, AZ
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Terrible execution by Zona on that final possession. You cannot pick up your dribble without a T.O. there.
NJ was wide open, too bad Fogg didn't see him.

Hopefully the Arizona name can help get us in the tourney, probably not but I can dream.
_________________

El ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 41529
Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shout out to my dude Jon Smith from the Ohio Bobcats
_________________

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 1 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group