Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T V.3 - Training Camp Begins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
Hutch is a titan. Wow thought he was a lock after we released Gallery.

OG is now a need.....LJP isn't great and unless Moffit takes a huge step this off season, Our OL is regressing from last year.

Decastro at #12 Laughing

too bad, i guess there's only one thing to learn from this

never trust SoS to stalk anybody

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So mad right now...Hutch

"We all we got, we all we need"
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:

I said was stalking Matt Flynn! Mad
imani

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:

I said was stalking Matt Flynn! Mad

well you coulda kept an eye out dammit

outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First we overpay big Red for 7 M per year- glad we signed him but we converted this guy from a potential cut DT to a star DE...No idea how he's getting 2 M more per season than Mebane..

Now we miss on Hutch **** so pissed..

and I hear we are only looking at signing Flynn for a similar contract to compete with Tjax? WTF.

Losing trust in front office by the day...so pissed we didn't sign Hutch.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol dude, Hutch wouldn't have started for us, and that's why he turned us down. He's not nearly as good as you apparently think he is...
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
First we overpay big Red for 7 M per year- glad we signed him but we converted this guy from a potential cut DT to a star DE...No idea how he's getting 2 M more per season than Mebane..

and I hear we are only looking at signing Flynn for a similar contract to compete with Tjax? WTF.

Wow really? Big Red is the heart of this D. If we don't resign him, we would be forced to change the D. 7M isn't too bad for what he brings to this defense. The fact that other teams were willing to offer that kind of money tells you enough.

Hutch? He would probably be a backup. At least he can walk in and be a starter in Tennessee.

And what is your plan with Matt Flynn? Pay him 8-10M a year? The market is telling him that he isn't going to get that kind of $$$. The DEMAND isn't even there for him either.

I'm glad you aren't our GM Cool
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people who wanted Hutch need to realize this isn't the 05 Hutch he is 34 now and only has 1 year left he wouldn't of started for us.

Also Bryant was not overpaid he was expected to get 8-8.5M on the open market he is getting 7M a year thats a fair deal.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still would have been nice to have him. If we don't land flynn i'm gonna smack the fire outta somebody though

Would really like to get Matt, shiancoe and jones

outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:

Wow really? Big Red is the heart of this D. If we don't resign him, we would be forced to change the D. 7M isn't too bad for what he brings to this defense. The fact that other teams were willing to offer that kind of money tells you enough.

Hutch? He would probably be a backup. At least he can walk in and be a starter in Tennessee.

And what is your plan with Matt Flynn? Pay him 8-10M a year? The market is telling him that he isn't going to get that kind of $$$. The DEMAND isn't even there for him either.

Yes I would pay Flynn 8-10 no question. Cut Tjax and whitehurst and you save 8 Million alone?! Draft a capable backup in the 3rd or 4th and you're only up 2 M at most (maybe break even). I HATE that PC and JS want Tjax to stay and compete. The only thing wrong with this stupid compete compete compete mantra at QB is that you pay two backups who suck 4 M each and hope one emerges, The QB position doesn't work that way.

I also would have franchised Lynch. Make him work for his money again. I know Bryant is the anchor of our defence, but does that mean you would pay Red 10 M? Red would have been worthless were it nor for PC and JS moving him. From that perspective I thought they had enough leverage to sign him before UFA for a 5-6 M deal.

I can't understand people who aren't willing to give FLynn 8 million per year and want to keep Tjax as a competitor at 4 million. Makes me irate. TJax had a MUCH MUCH better team then the Hawks the year before Favre was there and they couldn't even win a playoff game. He's awful and if Pete thinks paying him 4 M this year is a good idea then I think pete is a moron.

imani

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
Tooki wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:

Yes I would pay Flynn 8-10 no question. Cut Tjax and whitehurst and you save 8 Million alone?! Draft a capable backup in the 3rd or 4th and you're only up 2 M at most (maybe break even). I HATE that PC and JS want Tjax to stay and compete. The only thing wrong with this stupid compete compete compete mantra at QB is that you pay two backups who suck 4 M each and hope one emerges, The QB position doesn't work that way.

I also would have franchised Lynch. Make him work for his money again. I know Bryant is the anchor of our defence, but does that mean you would pay Red 10 M? Red would have been worthless were it nor for PC and JS moving him. From that perspective I thought they had enough leverage to sign him before UFA for a 5-6 M deal.

I can't understand people who aren't willing to give FLynn 8 million per year and want to keep Tjax as a competitor at 4 million. Makes me irate. TJax had a MUCH MUCH better team then the Hawks the year before Favre was there and they couldn't even win a playoff game. He's awful and if Pete thinks paying him 4 M this year is a good idea then I think pete is a moron.

whitehurst is already an FA i thought.....

outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is- I mean comparative to last year's amount that we paid our our QB position.

TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
NFLN states that Flynn is getting no more than backup money and isn't being guaranteed a starting spot by any team thus far.

Who predicted that? This guy! This guy right here!

Under the Flynn thread I said sign him because Whitehurst is gone and let Flynn compete against T-Jax. Then my words got changed around in another post! Laughing Doesn't surprise me teams are not in panic mode thanks to the Cards.

I would put "compete" in parathesis, because nobody in their right mind believes T-Jack can compete with Flynn. Flynn is by no means, perfect, but he'd be a HUGE upgrade from T-Jack. Very Happy
Sidney Rice Pwnz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
The people who wanted Hutch need to realize this isn't the 05 Hutch he is 34 now and only has 1 year left he wouldn't of started for us.

Also Bryant was not overpaid he was expected to get 8-8.5M on the open market he is getting 7M a year thats a fair deal.

Where do you keep getting this 8-8.5 million a year figure? Link?
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
Hutch is a titan. Wow thought he was a lock after we released Gallery.

OG is now a need.....LJP isn't great and unless Moffit takes a huge step this off season, Our OL is regressing from last year.

Decastro at #12 Laughing

Disagree 100%. I am very optimistic about our O-Line. I like what we have. We're better off at the position than 80% of the rest of the league.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: