Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeSean Jackson agrees to 5-year/$47M deal ($15 M guar)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLick12

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
We'll DeSean played "Hard" the first three years. I was on the trade Desean wagon most of last year, but he's signed and he said he would play "Hard" from now on.

And hopefully the Eagles lock Lesean up long term.

No [inappropriate/removed], he just signed a $10m a year contract. Also, this implies that he didn't play hard before (not that that took an expert to realize but some people thought he was actually trying all the time). So what happens when adversity comes again for him? He folds like a tent. Get him out, please, he is not the kind of player I want on my football team.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
We'll DeSean played "Hard" the first three years. I was on the trade Desean wagon most of last year, but he's signed and he said he would play "Hard" from now on.

Implying that he didn't play hard before. So what happens when adversity comes again for him? He folds like a tent. Get him out, please, he is not the kind of player I want on my football team.

1 year, and sadly for you he's here atleast the next 2 years.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
BLick12

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Implying that he didn't play hard before. So what happens when adversity comes again for him? He folds like a tent. Get him out, please, he is not the kind of player I want on my football team.

1 year, and sadly for you he's here atleast the next 2 years.

LOL, so your rational is he only didn't play hard for 1 year. Jesus Christ. I just don't even know how to respond to this, are you not a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles?

RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
LOL, so your rational is he only didn't play hard for 1 year. Jesus Christ. I just don't even know how to respond to this, are you not a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles?

Yes I am, and I think Desean will be fine and be back to his highlight reel self. Is he perfect, far from. But he brings something extra to this offense.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
BLick12

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Yes I am, and I think Desean will be fine and be back to his highlight reel self. Is he perfect, far from. But he brings something extra to this offense.

Saying your ok with him essentially taking a year off, tells me you don't care that much.

RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Saying your ok with him essentially taking a year off, tells me you don't care that much.

Take a year off? He did have 900 some yards. Was I pissed off when he ran a route in the Seattle game and didn't even look to see if there is a ball thrown to him, sure. He had some drops and a couple of alligator arming, but to say he completely tanked the year is a lie.

And when did this become about me? I'm glad Desean is back in Philly, he might not been my first choice, but he is back, and now I can only hope he'll return to his 09/10 form, and prove he deserves to get paid.

BLick12

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Take a year off? He did have 900 some yards. Was I pissed off when he ran a route in the Seattle game and didn't even look to see if there is a ball thrown to him, sure. He had some drops and a couple of alligator arming, but to say he completely tanked the year is a lie.

And when did this become about me? I'm glad Desean is back in Philly, he might not been my first choice, but he is back, and now I can only hope he'll return to his 09/10 form, and prove he deserves to get paid.

It isn't about you I'm just disgusted there are fans on this board that actually support this clown. The fact you can accept that he didn't play hard for a year and say it was only a year is ridiculous to me. He didn't show up for a meeting before the Arizona game and got benched for the game, we missed out on the division by 1 game. 900 yards? Great, he also had like 10 drops, saying he tanked this year isn't a lie he even admitted he didn't play hard. His play this year sucked, and his attitude sucked even more.

jonu62882

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
At least now that he's a multi millionaire he shaved that crap on his face he called a "beard".

He can afford a razor now!

...because he couldn't on 600k Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

He had to cawp bling and make it rain at the club. Smile

FTFY
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who doesn't like to make it rain at the club Laughing

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Who doesn't like to make it rain at the club Laughing

or cupcake posters like your self...

stop drinking the kool aid.

DeSean was a joke last season, you dont reward guys like that.

Andy Reid has a "special connection" with DeSean but this is another example of why Reid being a "players coach" is becoming our bigggeest weakness.

You pay Shady McCoy our teams best player first who goes out there and plays balls to the wall every down.

DeSeans style of play doesnt not translate to championships. hes a between the 20's players and offers no value in the red zone or attack the ball at its heighest point.

I have been a massive DeSean Jackson fan since Cal, he ran better crisper routes in college and his rookie season then he does now. Hes now just a "FAQHAH%&*FT IT IM GOING DEEEP" player and we dont have Sexy Rexy Grossman. Confused

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
highboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

I guess the whole team took the year off then, since most of them sucked save for Shady. I guess we should just cut or trade them all huh? Yeah, that's how you run a football team. The minute one of the most talented young players in the league gets out of line even once you just get rid of him.
RollEagles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

highboy wrote:
I guess the whole team took the year off then, since most of them sucked save for Shady. I guess we should just cut or trade them all huh? Yeah, that's how you run a football team. The minute one of the most talented young players in the league gets out of line even once you just get rid of him.

The issue isn't "sucking". The issue is effort. DeSean Jackson just didn't give the effort expected of an NFL player. He just didn't care. Other players did try. Mike Vick tried to play through injury for this team. Jeremy Maclin got ready for the season in a matter of a couple weeks after fearing that he might have a life threatening illness. Other players showed up to play. They did what was asked of them. DeSean Jackson didn't.

When one of your most talented young player gets out of line, you don't reward that. Why? Because the accumulation of those personalities becomes toxic.

I will say that I was impressed by him comments at his press conference when he got his deal. Hopefully those aren't just words being spoken but rather a verbal representation of what is to come. That still doesn't change that his attitude, lack of focus, and blatant dearth of effort essentially led to an entire season being for nought.

If DeSean approached his job as a true professional and didn't get suspended for the Cardinals game, perhaps we make the playoffs. All it took was one more win for last season's team. Maybe he would have helped with that. Maybe he wouldn't have. No way of knowing. But it's fair to say that DeSean Jackson playing as hard as he can would have only helped the Eagles' chances against the Cardinals.

His lack of effort in so many games also helped contribute to the wasted season. There is a clear divide between performance and effort. It is absolutely fair to criticize him for his attitude last season. The team would have been stupid to not consider moving him after his negative impact last season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: