Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Peyton Manning Talk: Where will he sign?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 72, 73, 74  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
You can't hate on Bud Adams for doing what he's doing.

Yes, actually, you can. I don't care is he's old, don't drag the team down with you by giving a 36 year old QB 20+ million a year onto our cap for 5 more years...

Lol. Your cap? It's his team. It's his money. It's HIS decision how HE handles HIS football team.

Oh dear Lord...

The football team. Better? Just because he owns the team doesn't mean it's ok to make awful decisions with it...
Getting a HoF QB who is more than likely still top 3 is not an awful decision Laughing

But he's a huge injury risk, and there's no guarantee he's still that good.
And I'm sure you'll have a clause regarding the injury as will ever team, and you'll have Locker on your team regardless.

He's going to be a top QB if he's healthy. I love Locker, but he's not going to be better than Peyton.

Who said Locker was going to be better? Also, I highly doubt there's going to be some injury clause...
No one said that, but it simply proves this can't be a negative for the time being.

You highly doubt there's going to be a clause related to his neck?

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
I still don't think he's going to Denver. I could never fathom Peyton intentionally chosing to play in the cold weather snow of Mile High. Just go back home to Tennessee, take the lifetime contract and stay the hell away from the 49ers and the NFC. Pray

The weather thing in Denver is a major misconception. Just saying.

I'm thinking a Dome QB who struggles in "Cold" weather and a City that averages a high of 37' in the month of Nov with 7ft of snow, 30' in Dec with 8 ft and 29' in January with 9ft on average a problem. How again would weather not be a concern for Manning?

http://www.average-temperature.com/temps/CO/Denver

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/bou/?n=denver_snowfall
Denver gets 7 and 8 feet of snow? That's news to me and I've lived here for 22 years.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
You can't hate on Bud Adams for doing what he's doing.

Yes, actually, you can. I don't care is he's old, don't drag the team down with you by giving a 36 year old QB 20+ million a year onto our cap for 5 more years...

Lol. Your cap? It's his team. It's his money. It's HIS decision how HE handles HIS football team.

Oh dear Lord...

The football team. Better? Just because he owns the team doesn't mean it's ok to make awful decisions with it...
Getting a HoF QB who is more than likely still top 3 is not an awful decision Laughing

But he's a huge injury risk, and there's no guarantee he's still that good.
And I'm sure you'll have a clause regarding the injury as will ever team, and you'll have Locker on your team regardless.

He's going to be a top QB if he's healthy. I love Locker, but he's not going to be better than Peyton.

Who said Locker was going to be better? Also, I highly doubt there's going to be some injury clause...
No one said that, but it simply proves this can't be a negative for the time being.

You highly doubt there's going to be a clause related to his neck?

From the Tennessee side? Yes, I doubt it. Highly. Bud would make him the Pope if he could...

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
I still don't think he's going to Denver. I could never fathom Peyton intentionally chosing to play in the cold weather snow of Mile High. Just go back home to Tennessee, take the lifetime contract and stay the hell away from the 49ers and the NFC. Pray

I'm thinking a Dome QB who struggles in "Cold" weather and a City that averages a high of 37' in the month of Nov with 7ft of snow, 30' in Dec with 8 ft and 29' in January with 9ft on average a problem. How again would weather not be a concern for Manning?

Denver gets 7 and 8 feet of snow? That's news to me and I've lived here for 22 years.

I believe he meant to put inches, and even then that is far from the truth. Denver barely averages more than 2.5 inches of percipitation in any 1 month throughout the entire year. May is actually the wettest month of the year.

While Denver is a bit colder than places in the south, it very rarely goes in stretches of that unbearable cold that you can find in places such as North Dakota.

There certainly seems to be a common misconception about the weather in Colorado.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

I believe he meant to put inches, and even then that is far from the truth. Denver barely averages more than 2.5 inches of percipitation in any 1 month throughout the entire year. May is actually the wettest month of the year.

While Denver is a bit colder than places in the south, it very rarely goes in stretches of that unbearable cold that you can find in places such as North Dakota.

There certainly seems to be a common misconception about the weather in Colorado.

It doesn't seem that cold and snowy because you live there. He pulled up actual facts. You have to think from an outsider's perspective. I've moved from Lincoln, Nebraska to Columbia, South Carolina, and the general perception of cold of those around me has switched from around 30 degrees being cold weather, to 60 degrees being cold weather. Average annual temperature from my hometown is chilly to the people where I'm at now. What you might not consider cold may actually be really cold playing weather for Manning.

That said, I doubt the weather really makes a difference to him, to be honest.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
Pre-Season: 5 receptions, 132 yards, 2 TDs
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
germ-x wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

It doesn't seem that cold and snowy because you live there. He pulled up actual facts. You have to think from an outsider's perspective. I've moved from Lincoln, Nebraska to Columbia, South Carolina, and the general perception of cold of those around me has switched from around 30 degrees being cold weather, to 60 degrees being cold weather. Average annual temperature from my hometown is chilly to the people where I'm at now. What you might not consider cold may actually be really cold playing weather for Manning.

That said, I doubt the weather really makes a difference to him, to be honest.

No i fully understand that. I grew up in eastern colorado and went to school in Hastings Nebraska (Hastings College) and just going 300 or so miles north east was a huge difference IMO, especially the cold+wind, it made for some bitter days.

However, it seems people view Colorado as some bitter/cold snowy place...and it isn't. No it isn't Scottsdale Arizona, but it also isn't Grand Forks North Dakota.

Also, my original post was wrong, it was basing it off rain only, not including snow. Denver on average gets around 55 inches of snow a year. So the 7 inches posted is probably pretty accurate.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies. I did mean inches in the post above and was referring to the monthly snow totals located in the second link. Regardless of snow or not. The point is Manning struggles like most QB from domes in cold weather games. Playing games where the high temp would be in the low 30' would qualify. That's all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't tell these guys about Colorado's best keep secret... its freezing it like 8 foot of snow a month... you guys wouldn't want to live here. Its miserable. ...
titwio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colorado is cold. I know this cause I watch South Park. Mr. Green
texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has he still not signed yet?

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos_OTM wrote:
Don't tell these guys about Colorado's best keep secret... its freezing it like 8 foot of snow a month... you guys wouldn't want to live here. Its miserable. ...

Co-signed... Cool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Has he still not signed yet?

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

He's gotta sign today or tomorrow.

GOT TO!

/please

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some fool on twitter with a fake PFT account is saying that Manning is going to the Vikings. Laughing
adamq

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

that would be awesome..

-kiltman
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

There's also a big difference between Denver and, say Vail. There are much higher elevations in Colorado than Denver, and those areas get more snow and lower temperatures.

When i went out to Colorado last summer, it was 90F in Denver, but 70 in the mountains where i was staying. Drastically different.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 73 of 74

Jump to: