Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JD's "official" PITTSBURGH PIRATES thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: JD's "official" PITTSBURGH PIRATES thread Reply with quote

OK so its only "official" to me but I digress....

The baseball season is upon us and fresh off last years unusually exciting first half of the season which turned into another losing season I am looking to embrace our Buccos and be optimistic!!!

I can't say I am the most knowledgeable when it comes to baseball so we can use this thread to ask questions and keep up with our boys in black and gold.

And to share news events dealing with the Pirates.

like Burnetts recovery
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=20262757&c_id=pit

So welcome and Lets go BUCS!!!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if anyone gets to a game take some pics to post and let us know how you enjoyed it. I will be at a game late June against the Detroit Tigers with my son and I am really looking forward to it!!!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
And if anyone gets to a game take some pics to post and let us know how you enjoyed it. I will be at a game late June against the Detroit Tigers with my son and I am really looking forward to it!!!

I will be!

With the work I do, I work with young adults (all males) with disabilities and my one client wants to go to Pirates games.... I get paid to go to Pirates games all summer! Very Happy

We'll be going to the April 21st game (we would go sooner, but I can't plan on going to games since my wife is so close to giving birth!)

I'll be at as many games as can be this summer. I'll gladly post pictures.

Also, Erik Bedard has been named the opening day starter as of yesterday.
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets Go Bucs!!! .500 this year baby, I can feel it!!! A lot will depend on Pedro having a good year and connecting with the ball. Also not much, if anything has been done to improve the atrocious bullpen they have. Other than Joel, no one in the Pirates bullpen had any business being in a big league uniform. But I do think this is the year they get over the .500 hump. Hurdle is doing a great job.

Go Noles!
stefan52268

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your enthusiasm JD!!

I go to about 20 games a season! I haven't missed an opener since 2001!

PNC Park is one amazing ball park!

LET'S GO BUCS!!

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:

LET'S GO BUCS!!

Really? You should get some outfield seats with me sometime bro. Would be nice to go to a game with some fellow posters Cool

Would be pretty awesome to have a few of us meet up and sit in the bleachers together for a night out at the park Cool
skywlker32

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am excited for the season. I am hoping this is the season that they finally get above .500, but that is a little optimistic still. I used to go to games more often when I would get season tickets from a family friend (could probably still get tickets by just mentioning his name at the ticket booth). I still remember being there for the last .500 season sadly.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:

LET'S GO BUCS!!

Really? You should get some outfield seats with me sometime bro. Would be nice to go to a game with some fellow posters Cool

Would be pretty awesome to have a few of us meet up and sit in the bleachers together for a night out at the park Cool

I'm down with that. We will have to do it sometime. I think it will be fun.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
We'll be going to the April 21st game (we would go sooner, but I can't plan on going to games since my wife is so close to giving birth!)

How's mama and baby doing? Pregnancy is such a fun time (for the dad)... such excitement waiting for that day to come. My "baby" turns 15 in a week.

Glad to see some interest in this thread. I will try to keep it going by posting recent news and scores/highlights when I have time, or others can feel free to post those things when they can.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/mlb/spring2012/story/_/id/7739576/2012-spring-training-pedro-alvarez-remain-pittsburgh-pirates-third-baseman-slump

Pirates sticking with Pedro Alvarez

Quote:
BRADENTON, Fla. -- Pedro Alvarez will remain the Pittsburgh Pirates' starting third baseman, despite a deep batting slump that began last season and has carried over into spring training.

In Grapefruit League play, Alvarez is hitting .133 and has struck out in 13 of 30 at-bats.

However, two of his four hits were home runs, and general manager Neal Huntington cast aside the notion that Alvarez might not break camp with the Pirates.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
How's mama and baby doing? Pregnancy is such a fun time (for the dad)... such excitement waiting for that day to come. My "baby" turns 15 in a week.

My wife's feeling great actually. For most of the pregnancy she had very little issues. Wasn't until the 9th month did she have some minor issues, and even then, all they were, were swollen feet and issues bending over because of the belly.

We're getting really anxious. Today (March 27th) is the "official" due date! Shocked

Back to Pirates - Alvarez... ugh. He's so impatient at the plate. I wish there was a way to help him focus. He'd be an elite player in this league if he just learned to be patient at the plate. Confused
94Timmons94

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any of you guys been following much pre-season action? I'm hoping Hague wins one of the open spots for the utility guy. He leads the team in HR's and is posting a .417 BA. The thing is he only plays first and third while both Josh Harrison and Yamacio Navarro are playing almost as good plus offer the ability to play more positions.

Oh and i'm big on the minors so if anyone wants to talk prospects id be more than happy Cool

eggybucsfan31 went hard on this on ^^^
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pittsburgh's Jeff Karstens finished his spring with strong four outings of work. Karstens surrendered one run on four hits while striking out one batter and throwing 35 of his 51 pitches for strikes. Karstens' ended the Grapefruit League season having surrendered four earned runs in 17 innings while striking out 10.

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120401&content_id=27805590&vkey=news_pit&c_id=pit

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Josh C Smith

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
http://espn.go.com/mlb/spring2012/story/_/id/7739576/2012-spring-training-pedro-alvarez-remain-pittsburgh-pirates-third-baseman-slump

Pirates sticking with Pedro Alvarez

Quote:
BRADENTON, Fla. -- Pedro Alvarez will remain the Pittsburgh Pirates' starting third baseman, despite a deep batting slump that began last season and has carried over into spring training.

In Grapefruit League play, Alvarez is hitting .133 and has struck out in 13 of 30 at-bats.

However, two of his four hits were home runs, and general manager Neal Huntington cast aside the notion that Alvarez might not break camp with the Pirates.

I disagree with this I like Alverez but he needs to get his stuff figured out in AAA before he is our everyday first baseman. He is really strugling up there both at the plate and in the field. If you suck in spring training against a lot of minor leaguers and backups chances are you will struggle big time in the majors. Its still till early to call Alverez a bust though, power hitters generally take longer to develop. Is say leave him in the minors for at least half the season or until he gets things figured out, put Mcgehee at 3rd, have Harrison and Navaro as the middle/3rd base backups, and platoon Jones and Hague at 1st.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPENING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO BUCS!!!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: