Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFMD #2 is getting started, and GM signups are now open.

If you'd like to be the caretaker of filling the Bolts' team needs, sign up here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=485553

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
FFMD #2 is getting started, and GM signups are now open.

If you'd like to be the caretaker of filling the Bolts' team needs, sign up here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=485553

Drew! Get on this! You promised me!

Otherwise, no Willow sigs or Thundercats sigs... though I may have a just as epic idea otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for OLB

Shea McClellin the high pick think we all know about him so no need to go into detail

Louis Nzegwu - the low pick 6th 7th or FA okay stats but measurables out the roof a sleeper http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF0QLoOtLlg
BoltsFan937

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was hoping to get some of your feelings on some guys I haven't seen discussed on this forum. Seems like we're so locked into pass rushers that weve neglected some other positions that might provide good value at eighteen. Some guys I like who might still be there when we pick

Donta Hightower
Kendall wright
Stephon gilmore
Devon still
Michael brockers
Jerel worthy

I really like hightower and am somewhat surprised he hasn't been discussed more as an eventual replacement for spikes who also seems capable of providing some pass rush ability. I'm also high on kendall wright. What do you guys think? Any of these guys possibilities for us?
lakeroy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoltsFan937 wrote:
Was hoping to get some of your feelings on some guys I haven't seen discussed on this forum. Seems like we're so locked into pass rushers that weve neglected some other positions that might provide good value at eighteen. Some guys I like who might still be there when we pick

Donta Hightower
Kendall wright
Stephon gilmore
Devon still
Michael brockers
Jerel worthy

I really like hightower and am somewhat surprised he hasn't been discussed more as an eventual replacement for spikes who also seems capable of providing some pass rush ability. I'm also high on kendall wright. What do you guys think? Any of these guys possibilities for us?
The only guy you listed who fills any kind of need is Gilmore, who would be a huge reach.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoltsFan937 wrote:

Donta Hightower
Kendall wright
Stephon gilmore
Devon still
Michael brockers
Jerel worthy

Honestly the only two prospects I really like on that list are Hightower and Worthy (and Worthy doesn't really much fit our scheme except in the "for some reason our FO seems to like shorter 5-Tech's than normal" way).

Kendall Wright is little more than an undersized version of what we have already, a WR1/WR2 tweener at best (the potential to be a Victor Cruz clone isn't unreasonable, but Victor Cruz isn't quite "VICTOR CRUZ" without Hakeem Nicks lining up across from him).

Hightower I do like, probably more for his versatility, but people honestly just need to accept that until he proves incapable of it (and missing his rookie year due to an early injury is not grounds for having done that), Mouton is going to be viewed as the successor-in-grooming to Spikes. Now, I like the potential of Hightower to actually play OLB - though he may never be dynamic there. But it's going to take a low 1st or high 2nd to acquire him which is very, very likely more than AJ will invest in the position a year removed from using a 2nd on Mouton and two years removed from using a 3rd on Butler (who has already started to show his promise).

Brockers is a guy who is all potential and little substance. Thing is... we're going to take a guy in the 1st to sit on him for 2+ years, because that's how long it's going to take to get that guy to starter-level. The return on investment doesn't seem as prevalent for us on him.

Still... again... I just don't see the point in taking a 5-Tech in the 1st round unless the player has elite upside, which I don't think Still has. Extremely high ceiling justifies a longer wait on ROI, otherwise you need to see a more immediate return on your early round picks. 5-Tech's take at minimum 1.5 seasons to develop - and there's no way that Still beats out any of V-Mart, Liuget, or Castillo in camp.

Gilmore... again... raw as they come. Great work ethic, but he's another guy that I'm not even sure would beat out Gilchrist or Wright for the nickel or dime back job straight from camp. He wouldn't beat Bigby out as a starter at safety. The guy needs a ton of technical work and to be honest, I'm not confident in Ron Meeks to be the guy to refine that in him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I'd like to get your opinion on a couple other guys. Fletcher Cox and quinton coples. Also, do you think lavonte david is someone we could convert into a strong safety?
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoltsFan937 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I'd like to get your opinion on a couple other guys. Fletcher Cox and quinton coples. Also, do you think lavonte david is someone we could convert into a strong safety?

Love Cox, Coples is a massive underacheiver. No reason to move David, he'll be great at 4-3 WLB for a team, not much anywhere else.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: