Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Asante Samuel: Yes or No
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Trading for Asante Samuel?
Hell Yeah.
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
Yes, but only if he take a pay cut
54%
 54%  [ 23 ]
No.
28%
 28%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 42

Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Asante Samuel: Yes or No Reply with quote

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1127/asante-samuel

Quote:
Citing two league sources, the Denver Post reports that the Broncos have "expressed interest in acquiring" Asante Samuel from the Eagles.

I'm pretty sure I don't have to tell you that the NFL is a passing league but how would you feel about getting Asante?

Things to consider
Salary:2012: $9.9 million, 2013: $11.4 million, 2014: Free Agent
The Broncos just signed Tracy Porter (1 year...)

Add your point and tell us how you feel about adding him.

Update

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1127/asante-samuel

Quote:
According to the Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McLane, the Eagles are willing to accept just a fifth- or sixth-round pick in exchange for CB Asante Samuel.

On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.

Last edited by Reggie Nelson#1 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Donut

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He makes way to much. He's one of the worst tacklers. He's terrible against the run. And overall as a CB is very overrated. Never was a fan of Asante.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll lock mine and merge it over here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

per Mike Klis of the Denver Post

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20438104/broncos-now-chasing-cb-asante-samuel-sources-say

Mike Klis wrote:
However, the Broncos no longer believes they can strike a deal even though trade talks advanced to the stage where the team presented two proposals one for a late-round draft pick; the other involving a player....

The Broncos were offering either their fifth- or sixth-round pick in next week's draft in exchange for Samuel

Klis clearly states that the discussions have come to an end. I am posting this because it is draft week, and it is tough to call any ongoing trade talks completely finished. If a guy the Eagles like is available at the Broncos spot in the 5th or 6th, who is to say the Eagles don't ship Asante over for the pick.

As for me I would be a big fan. Champ and Porter both have experience in the slot and we were torched by good passing attacks due to lack of depth in our nickel and dime packages, and also when injuries hit the secondary our coverage was that much worse. Asante would have to re-structure.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If something could be done with that contract, I would be for it.

Asante Samuel may not tackle, but he gets interceptions. Turnovers are KEY to the new Denver Broncos. Get the ball back and into Peyton's hands so he can control the clock and win games.

Unsure how Tracy Porter would fit in then, nickleback? I thought Chris Harris performed well in that role, but then again, too many quality cornerbacks is a problem that is not bad to have. Although, the money we would have tied up in that position would be hefty.

I would be happy with drafting a corner to groom, but this would be a win now move.
Zukhyubern

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be all for it...
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. An infatic no.

Samuel is old, over-rated, over-priced and has a bad attitude. I'm glad EXF decided not to make this deal. While I'm sure Keith Kidd would love to bring in another former-Patriot (given the plethora of success we've had with the dozen New England castoffs we've signed over the last three years) I hope they don't second-guess themselves.

We can get a CB - one who isn't 31-years old - next Thursday or Friday. There's no need to waste a draft pick and a ton of money a player like Samuel.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes heck yes! bringing asante in would allow us to gradually move champ to safety and IMO with tht secondary and our pass rush our defense would be really good!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruzp23 wrote:
Yes heck yes! bringing asante in would allow us to gradually move champ to safety and IMO with tht secondary and our pass rush our defense would be really good!

Why would we want to move Champ to safety when he's still able to play CB at an elite level? Do you really think it's better for Champ to play deep center when he could be matched-up one-on-one with the opponent's #1 WR and lock him down?

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samuel is actually underrated because fans have branded him with a BS reputation. He is a playmaker and a shutdown corner and we would be very lucky to have him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see if I've got the cap #'s right for 2012.
Champ $11 mil
Porter $5 mil
Samuel $10 mil

So, thats about 22% of our salary cap on 3 starting CB's?

Then add Manning, Doom, re-sign Clady............... Seems pretty unlikely we sign Samuel.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thank you... I'm looking forward to the CB's we currently have set to start. If EFX should be trying to trade for anyone it should be for a difference making DT.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Cruzp23 wrote:

Why would we want to move Champ to safety when he's still able to play CB at an elite level? Do you really think it's better for Champ to play deep center when he could be matched-up one-on-one with the opponent's #1 WR and lock him down?

asante can shut down number 1 recievers aswell consensus is that champ will 1 day move to safety why wait till hes not playn cb very good to change that why not take the the chance now while we have a oppurtunity to get a good cb and take it with both hands what if this year champ declines at cb and we dont take asante then come next year when champ goes to safety wea stuck without a genuine #1 cb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is age relevant here? Our window is right now and it will close before we know it. We are not rebuilding anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

I wonder if DJ Williams is said player. I hope not although I'd probably do that deal since we have Woodyard.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: