Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CWood21's 2012 NFL Draft Grades (AFC North/NFC North Up)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: CWood21's 2012 NFL Draft Grades (AFC North/NFC North Up) Reply with quote

Well, I plan on doing grades for the first three rounds and then a team grades after that. Feel free to post comments, questions about players, or anything in particular.

Round One

1.) Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck [QB; Stanford]
An absolute AWFUL pick for the Colts, kidding. Andrew Luck was the clear #1 choice for the top pick after he decided to return to Stanford for his redshirt junior year. He's got all the tools you look for in a franchise quarterback from the size to the arm to the intangibles. While Jim Irsay has urged the fans to be patient, there will be huge expectations for Andrew taking over for Peyton Manning. It'll be interesting to see how he fares in the Colts offense with a completely new regime taking over.
Grade: A+

2.) Washington Redskins (from St. Louis) - Robert Griffin III [QB; Baylor]
While people want to complain about how much the Redskins gave up to get up to that spot, the Redskins couldn't afford to go another season with another huge question mark regarding the quarterback position. While he's not quite your prototypical quarterback like Andrew Luck, he is still a darn good quarterback. I love RGIII's fit in this offense and Mike Shanahan has a knack for bring the most out of mobile quarterbacks. Not sure he'll start Day 1, but he'll definitely be the starting quarterback before the season is over.

3.) Cleveland Browns (from Minnesota) - Trent Richardson [RB; Alabama]
Arguably the best player in the draft not named Andrew Luck, the Browns gave up a couple of late round picks to ensure they got the top player on their board. I do like the trade up for the Browns because the prospect of taking Claiborne or Blackmon here isn't as good value. Look for them to go take a receiver with their second first round pick, someone like Kendall Wright could be in play there. Not a huge fan of taking running backs in the top ten, but Trent Richardson is a special running back.
Grade: A

4.) Minnesota Vikings (from Cleveland) - Matt Kalil [OT; USC]
Have to applaud Rick Spielman for playing the draft as well as he did with the first draft as Vikings GM. The Vikings need to make a move to ensure that Christian Ponder succeeds as their quarterback, and protecting his blindside is never a bad way to go. Kalil was my third ranked player, so getting him at four is good value.

5.) Jacksonville Jaguars (from Tampa Bay) - Justin Blackmon [WR; Oklahoma State]
Not sure I completely agree about going up to get Justin Blackmon, but for a late round pick I can't fault them since getting their guy is the most important thing. Blackmon gives Blaine Gabbert a dynamic threat to throw to, and like I said with the Vikings they need to make their young QB successful and getting a potential #1 receiver isn't a bad idea.
Grade: B+

6.) Dallas Cowboys (from St. Louis) - Morris Claiborne [CB; LSU]
LOVE the pick for the Cowboys. Have Claiborne has my fourth ranked player in this year's draft, and now the Cowboys traded up to get a player in a position of significant need. The Cowboys secondary should be much improved with Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne in the secondary.

7.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Jacksonville) - Mark Barron [S; Alabama]
The Buccaneers blew this one, and completely got played by other GMs. Personally, I don't have a first round grade on him so the value isn't there, but than again I'm probably lower on him than most guys. Going into the draft, the Buccaneers were set to get either Trent Richardson or Morris Claiborne and now they're stuck taking a guy whose limited to a in the box SS.
Grade: D+

8.) Miami Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill [QB; Texas A&M]
While I completely understand this pick on the Dolphins part, I just don't like the value of taking him this guy. He's a year or two away from actually contributing, but the fit is ideal. He' s going to work with Joe Philbin whose got plenty of experience of developing quarterbacks but also the familiarity of Mike Sherman.
Grade: C

9.) Carolina Panthers - Luke Kuechly [LB; Boston College]
Love the player, hate the fact that he plays a relatively low valued position. You know what you're going to get from Luke Kuechly, and while he doesn't posses a ton of upside he's going to be a great football player for several years to come. With all the question marks regarding the Panthers linebackers.

10.) Buffalo Bills - Stephon Gilmore [CB; South Carolina]
Knew Gilmore was going to go in the top ten, and when Barron went off the board a few picks earlier you had to figure Gilmore would go off the board at ten. Not a huge fan of Gilmore, think he's more of a H-W-S specimen and too much of project to take in the top ten. Might have to
move to safety in the NFL, where I think he's better at.

11.) Kansas City Chiefs - Dontari Poe [DT; Memphis]
Had a strong feeling he was going to be the pick for a while now, but his tape doesn't really match the numbers at the combine. You're going to have to trust your coaching staff to bring the most out of this kid, and Romeo Crennel might just be the guy to do that. The Chiefs could be getting a star here, and the Chiefs D-Line could have gotten much, much better.
C-

12.) Philadelphia Eagles (from Seattle) - Fletcher Cox [DT; Mississippi State]
The Eagles have been in love with Fletcher Cox, but I don't think they realistically expected him to be available anywhere near where they were picking. Andy Reid loves drafting lineman with his first round pick with Jeremy Maclin being the except and Washburn loves Cox. The Eagles defensive line could be much improved next year, which is important fr the Eagles.
Grade: B

13.) Arizona Cardinals - Michael Floyd [WR; Notre Dame]
The Cardinals got their guy and I'm sure Larry Fitzgerald is pleased to know he still runs that draft room. Not a bad fit, but I feel like offensive line was a more pressing need and while I don't think Reiff was as good a value as Floyd is I think he would have been a better pick. David DeCastro was another name I thought would have possibly been a better pick.

14.) St. Louis Rams - Michael Brockers [DT; LSU]
Love the kid, but not sure I love him in a 4-3 defense. Feel like he had a TON of potential in a 3-4 defense, but just don't feel like it maximizes his value. Needs a bit of work, but can come in Day 1 and be a quality run stuffer. Heard he was their pick at six, which if so is great value for them for trading down and still getting their guy.

15.) Seattle Seahawks (from Philadelphia) - Bruce Irvin [OLB; West Virginia]
The first shocker of the draft, Irvin wasn't expected to go until the late first at the earliest. He's got a ton of potential, and arguably the best pure pass rusher in the draft but right now he's far from an every down player. Will need to get into the weight room, but there is a bunch of upside here.
Grade: D

16.) New York Jets - Quinton Coples [DE; North Carolina]
Not a huge fan of this pick, partially because they left Melvin Ingram on the board but also because I don't really like his fit as a five technique. The talent is obvious with Coples, but with his motor questions I'm not sure he'll succeed in New York.
Grade: C-

17.) Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland) - Dre' Kirkpatrick [CB; Alabama]
Sort of an enigma to me. Like the talent, but he's got a bit of an odd body as he's tall and slender but short arms. Might need to move to safety as he gets older, but fits with what the Bengals want to do. Character concerns dropped him in the draft, but he's a good player and the Bengals should be thrilled to get him.
Grade: B-

18.) San Diego Chargers - Melvin Ingram [OLB; South Carolina]
Love the player, hate the body. I think he's the LaMarr Woodley of this year's draft, don't think he's got the star rush linebacker potential but he's going to be a solid pro and the Chargers could use that from one of their OLB spot. Ingram should have gone at the latest to the Jets at 16, so the Chargers have to be thrilled he was still on the board when he picked.

19.) Chicago Bears - Shea McClellin [DE; Boise State]
Like the player, but not sure he's a true 4-3 DE. Playing across from Julius Peppers will certainly help, but I feel like the Bears left a LOT better value on the board in favor of a safer pick. He's got some concussion issues, which is always a concern but the kid is a darn good football player.

20.) Tennessee Titans - Kendall Wright [WR; Baylor]
LOVE the player, hate the fit. Really think the Titans were thinking Dre' Kirkpatrick here until the Bengals took him at 17 so the Titans were scrambling at their pick. Nice compliment to Britt if he can recover, but I felt like they needed more well-rounded receivers to give Jake Locker weapons. Probably would have gone Randle here had they wanted to go receiver.

21.) New England Patriots (from Cincinnati) - Chandler Jones [DE/OLB; Syracuse]
Don't love the player, but he clearly had a ton of helium leading up to the draft. Really long player who should fit well into the Patriots two gap system. He needs a bit of projection as he really didn't play up to his potential at Syracuse due to injuries, but talent is clearly there. Could very well be the best pass rusher down the road though.

22.) Cleveland Browns (from Oklahoma State) - Brandon Weeden [WR; Oklahoma State]
This one I didn't understand at all. I had given him a fifth round grade, and you've got to know he's going to produce at a high level pretty early on in his career. I feel like taking him just puts the Browns in no man's land for next year's draft if they falter. I loved what they did moving up to take Trent Richardson, but I feel like Reuben Randle should have been the pick here even if he's redundant with Greg Little.
Grade: D-

23.) Detroit Lions - Riley Reiff [OT; Iowa]
Anyone else find it ironic that another Hawkeye offensive tackle fell to 23? If he turns out to be as good as Bryan Bulaga has, he's going to be a darn good offensive tackle. Problem is I don't see that, and while I think he can be a decent LT I think his value comes more on the right side where he'll be better. The Lions needed help on the offensive line and Reiff provides just that.

24.) Pittsburgh Steelers - David DeCastro [OG; Stanford]
LOVE the pick, and great value. I had DeCastro as a top ten player in this year's draft, so getting him at 24 is fantastic value. While he lacks the upside the other players have, knowing you have a constant at guard will help out Big Ben. An interior offensive line with Maurkice Pouncey and David DeCastro is going to make Ben a happy man.

25.) New England Patriots (from Denver) - Dont'a Hightower [LB; Alabama]
Hightower I had originally going to the Steelers, but after having DeCastro fall the Steelers couldn't pass on him. I feel like Hightower is a bit redundant with Brandon Spikes, albeit a better version than him. I also feel he's got some questions about whether or not he's a true 3 down linebacker with his issues in coverage. Not a bad pick though by any means.

26.) Houston Texans - Whitney Mercilus [DE/OLB; Illinois]
Color me a bit perplexed when the pick was in. Connor Barwin exploded onto the scene this past year, and felt that Brooks Reed looked good enough to not warrant a high pick on another rush linebacker but I suppose you can never have enough pass rushers. Mercilus is a bit of a project as he's almost a pure speed rusher at this point. Will need to put work in to be a three down linebacker.

27.) Cincinnati Bengals (from New England) - Kevin Zeitler [OG/C; Wisconsin]
This one baffled me. The Bengals traded down missing out on the top offensive guard prospect (David DeCastro) all in favor of picking up a fourth round pick. And then they passed on another superior prospect in Cordy Glenn. I like Zeitler which is why this isn't a D-, but I feel like his value comes more at center than it does at guard. A bit of a head scratcher on the Bengals part.

28.) Green Bay Packers - Nick Perry [DE/OLB; USC]
Coming into the draft, the Packers really had two primary needs. Improving their pass rush and getting more help for the secondary. This one could potentially help them both. Perry is still a bit raw around the edges, but the upside is tremendous and might have the highest upside of any pass rusher in this year's class. Probably will be relegated to a situational pass rusher this year, I expect big things from him in the near future.
Grade: A-

29.) Minnesota Vikings (from Baltimore) - Harrison Smith [S; Notre Dame]
Like the player, love the fit, but hate the value. I had him as a late second round pick and seemed to go higher than anticiapted because of the lack of quality safeties in this year's draft. He's a solid safety, but not spectacular which quite frankly is what the Vikings need. They did give up their early fourth round pick, which could have been quite valuable.
Grade: C+

30.) San Francisco 49ers - A.J. Jenkins [WR; Illinois]
Let me preface this by saying I LOVE A.J. Jenkins, but this was too high for him to go. You can't draft just another receiver in the first, they need to have a special talent. There is a bit of Santonio Holmes, minus the diva attitude, to his game and I think he's going to be a heck of a pro but I probably would have gone elsewhere here.

31.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Denver via New England) - Doug Martin [RB; Boise State]
Very similar to the Harrison Smith pick, love the fit, like the player, but poor value this early. I've warmed up to Doug Martin quite a bit this last week or so, but I have to have a special grade on a running back invest a first round pick, and I don't see special when I watch Martin. I do like the fit of him taking over the majority of the touches from Blount though.

32.) New York Giants - David Wilson [RB; Virginia Tech]
Don't love the player, and don't see a whole lot of value here either. Felt that a trade down would have been more effective, or even going with another pass rusher isn't a bad idea. Just don't see enough in Wilson to invest a first round pick when Ahmad Bradshaw and a mid round pick could produce similar results.

Last edited by CWood21 on Mon May 07, 2012 12:44 am; edited 20 times in total
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rounds Two & Three

33.) St. Louis Rams - Brian Quick [WR; Appalchian State]
A head scratcher with better, more developed receivers on the board. Don't think he'll be able to come in Day 1 and help out Sam Bradford, but more of an eye down the road.
Grade: D-

34.) Indianapolis Colts - Coby Fleener [TE; Stanford]
Not very often you see teammates go in back-to-back picks to the same team, but bringing in Fleener was brilliant as it helps make Andrew Luck's transition smoother.

35.) Baltimore Ravens (from Minnesota) - Courtney Upshaw [OLB; Alabama]
Like the player, love the fit but just don't think he's going to be the impact player the Ravens need opposite of Terrell Suggs. Will certainly be consistent which is what the Ravens might want.

36.) Denver Broncos (from Tampa Bay) - Derek Wolfe [DT; Cincinnati]
Love the player and feel like's a poor man's J.J. Watt, but not a fan of the fit. Feel his value came more in a 3-4 defense as a five technique, but should help shore the Broncos DT issues.

37.) Cleveland Browns - Geoff Schwartz [OT; California]
Love the player, love the fit, but value is off here. There were plenty of offensive tackles left on the board to take a right tackle this high. Gives the Browns their bookend tackles for the next several years though.

38.) Jacksonville Jaguars - Andre Branch [DE; Clemson]
Like the player, but hate him with his hand in the ground. Just feel like the bust factor for this kid goes up tremendously by asking him to play down. Liked him quite a bit more in a 3-4 defense.

39.) St. Louis Rams (from Washington) - Janoris Jenkins [CB; North Alabama]
First round talent, but UDFA red flags. The Rams might have gotten a top ten player in this year's draft if they can keep Jenkins out of trouble, but that is a huge question mark that will be addressed. Jeff Fisher is the man you'd want.

40.) Carolina Panthers - Amini Silatolu [OG; Midwestern State]
Like the player, but I thought the Panthers should have grabbed a wide receiver or even a defensive tackle. They were rumored to like Fletcher Cox, so with Devon Still still on the board it's still a bit surprising.

41.) Buffalo Bills - Cordy Glenn [OT/OG; Georgia]
Good value here, but if they wanted a left tackle I feel that Jonathan Martin should have been the pick. Either way, they're getting a pretty good player whom I happen to like better at guard.

42.) Miami Dolphins - Jonathan Martin [OT; Stanford]
I think the Bills and Dolphins should swap picks, since I feel like they're better fits for each other. The Dolphins needed a RT opposite of Jake Long, and I feel like Cordy Glenn is more of a RT than Jonathan Martin.

43.) New York Jets (from Seattle) - Stephen Hill [WR; Georgia Tech]
Good to see the Jets be active like they're known to do, but Hill is a bit of a project and not sure he's ready to produce for the Jets. Intriguing size/speed combination, but still really undeveloped. Is going to need a bunch of coaching.

44.) Kansas City Chiefs - Jeff Allen [OT/OG; Illinois]
Another bit of a head scratching pick, Allen wasn't projected to be much more than a mid round pick and a candidate to get kicked inside to guard. Not sure what the Chiefs saw in him to warrant a mid second round pick, like the player though.

45.) Chicago Bears (from St. Louis) - Alshon Jeffrey [WR; South Carolina]
A bit redundant IMO with Brandon Marshall, the Bears seem keen on changing the type of receivers they have. Big talent, but also questions regarding his dedication as well as his long speed. Cutler will be quite happy to have him and Brandon Marshall to throw to.

46.) Philadelphia Eagles - Mychael Kendricks [LB; California]
Love the player, love the fit, and value is there. Not much to not like about this pick, Kendricks is going to be a star in the Eagles defense and won't be long before he pushes DeMeco Ryans out of that MIKE spot.

47.) Seattle Seahawks (from New York) - Bobby Wagner [LB; Utah State]
Really like the player, but I question the fit with already so many linebackers under contract. He's going to be good in the pros, but not sure if he's going to get the required playing time early with K.J. Wright and Leroy Hill ahead of him.

48.) New England Patriots (from Oakland) - Tayvon Wilson [S; Illinois]
Found out about him late, and thought he was a decent prospect but sometimes I feel like Bill is out-thinking himself. He was drafted a couple of rounds too early.

49.) San Diego Chargers - Kendall Reyes [DT/DE; UConn]
The Chargers are having a heck of a draft despite me not being very high on Reyes. The Chargers have gotten the top 3-4 OLB, and then they add a quality pass rusher from the five technique position to help our their defense.

50.) St. Louis Rams (from Chicago) - Isaiah Peed [RB; Cincinnati]
Really like Peed, and feel he's a good fit next to Steven Jackson but I'm not a real big fan of taking him in the second round. I do think he'll develop into a starting RB down the road, but I have Lamar Miller with a significant grade lean on him.

51.) Green Bay Packers (from Philadelphia) - Jerel Worthy [DT/DE; Michigan State]
Top 15 talent, but some red flags that would indicate more of a third round talent. Coach Trgovac might be the one who can get the most out of him, and if he and Nick Perry both hit the NFC North could be in for a world of hurt when combined with Clay Matthews.

52.) Tennessee Titans - Zach Brown [LB; North Carolina]
Really like Zach Brown, but I question the Titans investing another high pick into another outside linebacker who doesn't appear to be special. The Titans had a pretty good sized need at defensive tackle, and Devon Still was still on the board.

53.) Cincinnati Bengals - Devon Still [DT; Penn State]
Really like Devon Still, but didn't think they needed another defensive tackle. He'll enter the rotation and probably play pretty well, but I thought the Bengals would have been better served by looking for a running back here. Not a bad pick though.

54.) Detroit Lions - Ryan Broyles [WR; Oklahoma]
Let me preface this by saying I love Broyles, but I really do question putting a second round pick into a guy recovering from an ACL tear. I just don't like using high picks on injured players unless there is something special about him. Don't think that is the case with Broyles.

55.) Atlanta Falcons - Peter Konz [C; Wisconsin]
There must have been some medical red flags here, because I had a first round grade on Peter Konz. He can play any of the interior offensive line spots, but I think he'd be best at center.

56.) Pittsburgh Steelers - Mike Adams [OT; Ohio State]
The Steelers go with back-to-back picks to strengthen their offensive line, so Big Ben must be pleased. The Steelers offensive line looks much better with DeCastro and Adams on the board and flipping Gilbert over to left tackle.

57.) Denver Broncos - Brock Osweiler [QB; Arizona State]
One of the most obvious picks in this year's draft outside the top three, I had him going a full round earlier in my mock. He'll get a chance to develop behind Peyton Manning before taking over in three or so years.

58.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Houston) - Lavonte David [OLB; Nebraska]
Probably my favorite pick of the Buccaneers, Lavonte David just knows how to play football and the Buccaneers linebackers haven't exactly been real great. David has a chance to come out and win Defensive Rookie of the Year this year.

59.) Philadelphia Eagles (from Green Bay) - Vinny Curry [DE; Marshall]
A natural fit for the Eagles as Vinny Curry has experience in the Wide 9 formation that Jim Washburn loves to run. I don't see a ton of upside in him, and feel he's limited athletically but he fits the scheme.

60.) Baltimore Ravens - Kelechi Osemele [OG; Iowa State]
Good fit, but I had a late third round grade on Osemele. I felt like if the Ravens really wanted a guard, that the Amini Silatou in the first round would have been a better player. Osemele could play RT, but guard is definitely his better positions.

61.) San Francisco 49ers - LaMichael James [RB; Oregon]
This one made little sense to me. They already have Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter, and they signed Brandon Jacobs this offseason so why draft a fourth running back? Not to mention, I wouldn't have taken before the late third.

62.) Green Bay Packers (from New England) - Casey Heyward [CB; Vanderbilt]
Initially I wondered if the Packers planned on moving Heyward to FS following the release of Nick Collins, but it appears they like his ball skills at corner. He's probably the second best corner in the draft at finding the ball in the air behind Claiborne.

63.) New York Giants - Reuben Randle [WR; LSU]
Again, the defending Super Bowl champions take the last player out of the Green Room, I really like Randle and feel he's going to surprise a LOT of people. I do think he's got the potential to be a #1 down the road.

64.) Indianapolis Colts - Dwayne Allen [TE; Clemson]
While I question the idea of taking two tight ends early in the draft when you have so many holes, but Andrew Luck utilizes the tight end as much as anyone coming into the draft.

65.) St. Louis Rams - Trumaine Johnson [CB/S; Montana]
Great ball skills, but still really raw. Talent is obvious but he'll need some time to develop. Not sure if he's a corner long term though.

66.) Minnesota Vikings - Josh Robinson [CB; Central Florida]
Really like this pick for the Vikings, they need help at corner and they get the speedy ballhawk in Josh Robinson. Between him and Harrison Smith, the Vikings secondary should improve.

67.) Denver Broncos (from Cleveland) - Ronnie Hillman [RB; San Diego State]
Like the player, but there was much better players on the board. Might ultimately prove to be the best fir the Broncos offense though.

68.) Houston Texans (from Tampa Bay) - DeVier Posey [WR; Ohio State]
They passed on a superior WR prospect earlier only to take a late round/UDFA prospect in the third round. Poor value all the way around.

69.) Buffalo Bills (from Washington) - T.J. Graham [WR; NC State]
Might have been a riser through the draft proccess, but there are plenty of the small speedster in the draft to take one this high. Like the player, but not the value.

70.) Jacksonville Jaguars - Bryan Anger [P; California]
You don't take punters t his early EVER!!!
Grade: F

71.) Washington Redskins (from Buffalo) - Josh LeRibeus [OG; SMU]
A late round prospect who went in the third round again. Like the idea of rebuilding the offensive line for RGIII, but LeRibeus wasn't worth a pick this high.
Graded: D

72.) Miami Dolphins - Olivier Vernon [DE; Miami (FL)]
Again, another late round prospect being taken in the second round has me wondering if I miss evaluted a bunch of prospect or does this speak volumes about this draft class.

73.) San Diego Chargers (from Carolina) - Brandon Taylor [S; LSU]
Pretty good value here and I like him as a solid safety for the Chargers. He's not going to be a star, but I think with Eric Weddle they can get consistent play from their safeties.

74.) Kansas City Chiefs - Donald Stephenson [OT; Oklahoma]
My favorite developmental offensive tackle in the draft fell to the Chiefs and the Chiefs took him. They're offensive line could be really good in a few years if both Stephenson and Allen pan out.

75.) Seattle Seahawks - Russell Wilson [QB; Wisconsin]
Really like the way Wilson plays, but it's tough to ignore the fact that he is a short corner. Seattle is a great fit for him even if Matt Flynn is already there.

76.) Houston Texans (from Philadelphia) - Brandon Brooks [OG; Miami (OH)]
Really like the player and the fit here, but ultimately guards don't have a ton of value on draft day. The Texans might have gotten a guard for the next ten years with this pick.

77.) New York Jets - Demario Davis [OLB; Arkansas State]
I've got concerns about him being able to hold up in a 3-4 defense, but I do like the talent that Davis has shown. More of a developmental prospect at this point I think.

78.) Miami Dolphins (from San Diego) - Michael Egnew [TE; Missouri]
5th round prospect whom the Dolphins likely reached for because the Colts double dipped in the tight end pool. Will help some in the receiving game, but I don't think he'll be an impact receiving tight end.

79.) Brandon Hardin [S; Oregon State]
Tough grade because he was out for all of last year, but supposedly is quite talented. Bears fans are going to have to be patient with this one, as this upcoming season he needs to get adjusted more than most other rookies.
Grade: INC

80.) Arizona Cardinals - Jamell Fleming [CB; Oklahoma]
The Cardinals nailed this one, and Fleming could be a starting CB down the road. Lacks the starpower of other corners in this draft, but Fleming is a pretty safe bet IMO.

81.) Dallas Cowboys - Tyrone Crawford [DE; Boise State]
Not sure he's anything more than a situational player in the Cowboys 3-4 defense, but he should bring some pressure from the five technique spot. Pretty good pick for the Cowboys.

82.) Tennessee Titans - Mike Martin [DT; Michigan]
Probably one of the more undervalued players in this draft, Martin doesn't do anything great but he's just a force to be reckoned with. He'll help the Titans run defense quite a bit.

83.) Cincinnati Bengals - Mohamed Sanu [WR; Rutgers]
Not a huge fan of Sanu, he's a bit too tight to really find a lot of success but playing with A.J. Green and Jermaine Gresham should open things up for him. Feel bad for him for that prank call.

84.) Baltimore Ravens - Bernard Pierce [RB; Temple]
Like the player, but the fit seems questionable. Ray Rice will be given most of the touches, which means Pierce is going to be limited in the number of times he touches the ball a game.

85.) Detroit Lions - Dwight Bentley [CB; UL-Lafayette]
Smaller corner who I had quite a bit lower than the third round, and felt there were a couple of other corners who were considerably better than Bentley. Fits a need though.

86.) Pittsburgh Steelers - Sean Spence [LB; Miami (FL)]
Talent is there, but I really question the fit because I really only saw him as 4-3 WILL. The Steelers can maximize players value as much as anyone, but is he more than a special teams player?

87.) Cleveland Browns (from Denver) - John Hughes [DT; Cincinnati]
I had a much lower grade on Hughes than I did on Derek Wolfe, so seeing John Hughes going in the third round was quite surprising. Could fit opposite of Phil Taylor though.

88.) Philadelphia Eagles (from Houston) - Nick Foles [QB; Arizona]
Probably would have gone with Kirk Cousins here, but ultimately Nick Foles probably has more upside here. The Eagles need a long term player for Michael Vick, and Foles might be it.

89.) New Orleans Saints - Akiem Hicks [DT; Regina]
Interesting player for the Siants, I figured they would have gone with someone who could be a Day 1 impact player. Don't feel like Hicks is ready to contribute.

90.) New England Patriots (from Green Bay) - Jake Bequette [DE; Arkasnas]
One of the best pass rushers from the five technique spot, he'll find his niche in New England. Not sure he's an every down lineman though.

91.) Atlanta Falcons (from Baltimore) - Lamar Holmes [OT; Southern Miss]
One of my favorite developmental left tackle prospects, he'll need a year in the weight room to get his strength up but I think he could eventually take over the LT spot from Sam Baker.

92.) Indianapolis Colts (from San Francisco) - T.Y. Hilton [WR: FIU]
Pretty good receiver, had the chance to go higher but ultimately fell to the Colts. Giving Andrew Luck another weapon is never a bad way to go about it either.

93.) Cincinnati Bengals (from New England) - Brandon Thompson [DT; Clemson]
Fantastic value, but do the Bengals really need another defensive tackle? They might have the deepest defensive tackle group in the NFL with this selection.

94.) New York Giants - Jayron Hosley [CB; Virginia Tech]
Failed a drug test at the combine and you thought his draft stock was going to fall, but the Giants recognized his talents and took him here. Might be a pure zone corner for the Giants.

95.) Oakland Raiders - Tony Bergstrom [OG; Utah]
With the limited number of picks the Raiders had, I felt like they should have been looking elsewhere for their picks. Bergstrom should come in and be a pretty good guard for them.

Last edited by CWood21 on Fri May 04, 2012 8:07 pm; edited 9 times in total
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Grades

AFC East

Buffalo Bills
1.10 - Stephon Gilmore [CB; South Carolina]
2.41 - Cordy Glenn [OT/OG; Georgia]
3.69 - T.J. Graham [WR; NC State]
4.105 - Nigel Bradham [OLB; Florida State]
4.124 - Ron Brooks [CB; LSU]
5.144 - Zebrie Sanders [OT; Florida State]
5.147 - Tank Carder [ILB; TCU]
6.178 - Mark Asper [OG; Oregon]
7.251 - John Potter [K; Western Michigan]

Overall, this isn't a bad class I just feel that there is a LOT of inherent risk with some of their early selections. Stephon Gilmore is the best cornerback is this years most physically impressive corner in this year's class, but he also has risk. Cordy Glenn was considered by some to be a first round talent, but he fell in the draft due to his long term place on an offensive line. Glenn likely doesn't fix the whole left at left tackle, but he could come in Day 1 and start at RT. T.J. Graham was a late rister, but he's a small receiver whose not an elite receiver. Might not ever end up as more than a Roscoe Parrish kind of player. Nigel Bradham isn't anything special, but he could provide nice depth with a chance to be a starter down the line. Ron Brooks has quietly moved up the draft chart as the other LSU cornerback, but he's a short quick corner who could maybe develop into a nickelback down the road. Do like the Zebrie Sanders as a quiet LT. The Bills needed more offensive lineman, so adding a guy like Sanders isn't a bad idea. Tank Carder and Mark Asper should add some more depth to a roster that is need of some. Brandon Coutu is still a largely unproven kicker despite being listed as the starter there, so adding John Potter to compete with him in camp is a smart investment by the Bills.

Miami Dolphins
1.8 - Ryan Tannehill [QB; Texas A&M]
2.42 - Jonathan Martin [OT; Stanford]
3.72 - Olivier Vernon [DE; Miami (FL)]
3.78 - Michael Egnew [TE; Missouri]
4.97 - Lamar Miller [RB; Miami (FL)]
5.155 - Josh Kaddu [OLB; Oregon]
6.183 - B.J. Cunningham [WR; Michigan State]
7.215 - Kheeston Randle [DT; Texas]
7.227 - Rishard Matthews [WR; Nevada]

While I understand why the Dolphins wanted to go with Ryan Tannehill, I just think it was poor value this early in the draft. For a guy whose supposedly going into the same system, he still needs quite a bit of work in the finer points of playing quarterback. And then I'm not sure how much the return investment will pay. Jonathan Martin had a poor senior season, and he went from being a potential top ten pick to falling out of the first round. He lacked the skillset to play left tackle in the NFL, and didn't get enough push to be seen as a true right tackle. Fortunately for him, he's going into a system where pass protection skills are preferred. As far as Olivier Vernon goes, he's got all the physical tools in the world, but doesn't know how to utilize them. Not sure if he will tap into that potential with the Dolphins. I don't like the value with Michael Egnew as I had him as a fifth round prospect, and he's nothing more than a situational receiver and I find limited value on that. Lamar Miller, despite the injury concerns, is fantastic value and one of the best speed backs in the draft. He might not be an every down back, but when he is on the field he is a threat to score the ball every time. Josh Kaddu, B.J. Cunningham, Kheeston Randle, and Rishard Matthews probably arne't much more than depth, but the Dolphins could some especially at wide receiver after trading away Brandon Marshall to the Bears.

New England Patriots
1.21 - Chandler Jones [DE/OLB; Syracuse]
1.25 - Dont'a Hightower [ILB; Alabama]
2.48 - Tayvon Wilson [S; Illinois]
3.90 - Jake Bequette [DE; Arkansas]
6.197 - Nate Ebner [DB; Ohio State]
7.224 - Alfonzo Dennard [CB; Nebraska]
7.235 - Jeremy Ebert [WR; North Western]

The Patriots uncharacteristically traded up twice in the first round first to grab the high rising Chandler Jones. While Chandler Jones might not have been overly impressive while at Syracuse, but his projection along with his length gives a lot to be excited about for Patriots fans. Dont'a Hightower brings more credibility and toughness to the Patriots defense who seemed to have lost their identity from when they were winning multiple championships. Tayvon Wilson might have gone a few rounds too early, but Bill Belichick knows how to find talent. He was a bit of a late riser, but he's got some talent to help fix the broken Patriots secondary. I like Jake Bequette as a situational pass rusher from the defensive end position, but I don't think he's stout enough to play end on a consistent basis. Nate Ebner was a bit of a surprising pick given that he was a rugby player, but he supposedly looked pretty good on special teams and the Patriots did draft Matthew Slater for his special teams value. I don't like Alfonzo Dennard and think he's going to turn into nothing in the pros. Jeremy Elbert is probably not more than a practice squad player for the Patriots.

New York Jets
1.16 - Quinton Coples [DE; North Carolina]
2.43 - Stephen Hill [WR; Georgia Tech]
3.77 - Demario Davis [OLB; Arkansas]
6.187 - Josh Bush [S; Wake Forest]
6.202 - Terrance Ganaway [RB; Baylor]
6.203 - Robert T. Griffin [OG; Baylor]
7.242 - Antonio Allen [S; South Carolina]
7.244 - Jordan White [WR; Western Michigan]

The Quinton Coples pick was baffling to say the least especially when Melvin Ingram was on the board, and adding a pass rusher was one of their biggest weaknesses last year. They opted for Quinton Coples who lacked a true position, and has questions about his motor. For a guy who has motor concerns, it only gets multiplied when he's asked to take on blockers as a 3-4 DE. Stephen Hill possesses a ton of upside, and while he could ultimately be the best wide receiver in this year's class he's a huge project. Not quite the prospect that Demaryius Thomas was a few years ago, he might be a few years from really contributing. Demario Davis is a nice pass rusher, but he's really small to hold up in a 3-4 defense and might not be more than a situational pass rusher for the first few years. After going from Melvin Ingram in the first to Davis in the third, seems like the Jets lost out on a guy who can help them improve their pass rush significantly. I don't see Josh Bush, Robert T. Griffin, and Antonio Allen has much more than PS players but they could quietly sneak onto the roster. Terrance Ganaway has a role on this team as a power back, but the lack of versatility could lead him without a roster spot come cutdown day. I like Jordan White and while he probably needs a year on the PS, the Jets might not be able to afford to risk losing him to free agency.

AFC North

Baltimore Ravens
2.35 - Courtney Upshaw [OLB; Alabama]
2.60 - Kelechi Osemele [OG; Iowa State]
3.84 - Bernard Pierce [RB; Temple]
4.98 - Gino Gradkowski [OG/C; Delaware]
4.130 - Christian Thompson [S; South Carolina State]
5.169 - Asa Jackson [CB; Cal Poly State]
6.198 - Tommy Streeter [WR; Miami (FL)]
7.236 - DeAngelo Tyson [DT; Georgia]

While I don't love the Ravens draft, they did put together a pretty good draft. It starts at the top with Courtney Upshaw, whom I don't love, but should be in the NFL for a long time. He won't be a huge pass rushing threat, but opposite of Terrell Suggs he should find his niche pretty easily. Kelechi Osemele fills the void left by Ben Grubbs when he left to go to New Orleans. I really like Bernard Pierce, but there is only so many touches to go around with Ray Rice getting the majority of them. Gino Gradkowski, Christian Thompson, and Asa Jackson add some more depth to the roster. Tommy Streeter is a highly athletic receiver with great size, but the production doesn't quite match. He's still a year or two away from being a contributor to the Ravens roster. I'm not sure DeAngelo Tyson is much more than a camp body, and a candidate to make it to the Ravens practice squad.

Cincinnati Bengals
1.17 - Dre Kirkpatrick [CB; Alabama]
1.27 - Kevin Zeitler [OG/C; Wisconsin]
2.53 - Devon Still [DT; Penn State]
3.83 - Mohamed Sanu [WR; Rutgers]
3.93 - Brandon Thompson [DT; Clemson]
4.116 - Orson Charles [TE; Georgia]
5.156 - Shaun Prater [CB; Iowa]
5.166 - Marvin Jones [WR; California]
5.167 - George Iloka [S; Boise State]
6.191 - Dan Herron [RB; Ohio State]

I really do like the fit for Dre' Kirkpatrick with the Bengals despite the thought that he might have to move to safety sooner rather than later. He's a really talented player, but he's got short arms for a cornerback. The Bengals traded down to get Kevin Zeitler and in the process they missed on the opportunity to draft David DeCastro who was a clearly superior guard prospect. Getting Devon Still near the end of the second round was good value, but he's got some question marks he'll need to clean up before he gets a lot of playing time. Mohammed Sanu is a nice possession receiver, but I feel like they need a speed threat to go with A.J. Green. Brandon Thompson is good value, but you have to wonder how many defensive tackles the Bengals really need. Orson Charles is a very talented receiving tight end, but legal issues saw him fall in the draft before the Bengals ended up selecting him. Shaun Prater adds more depth to the roster at the cornerback spot. Don't think Marvin Jones or George Iloka make the roster. Iloka can't tackle if his life depended on it, and that's not going to work at safety. Dan Herron can make the team as the third back.

Cleveland Browns
1.3 - Trent Richardson [RB; Alabama]
1.22 - Brandon Weeden [QB; Oklahoma State]
2.37 - Mitchell Schwartz [OT; California]
3.87 - John Hughes [DT; Cincinnati]
4.100 - Travis Benjamin [WR; Miami (FL)]
4.120 - James-Michael Johnson [LB; Nevada]
5.160 - Ryan Miller [OG; Colorado]
6.204 - Emmanuel Acho [LB; Texas]
6.205 - Billy Winn [DE; Boise State]
7.245 - Trevin Wade [CB; Arizona]
7.247 - Brad Smelley [TE; Alabama]

As the first few picks came off the board, I really was a fan of the Browns draft. They traded up to ensure they got their guy and I admired that especially with the threat that the Buccaneers would trade up to get Trent Richardson. But then the draft started going down from there. I've been quite critical of Brandon Weeden and I stand by my opinion that he will not live up to his first round status. The Mitchell Schwartz pick makes some sense, but his lack of upside as well as being limited to RT definitely hurts his value. The John Hughes pick was baffling as I had a late round grade on him, and clearly inferior to his teammate Derek Wolfe. I honestly don't know what Travis Benjamin brings to the Browns, he's short, fast receiver with small hands. James Michael-Johnson and Emmanuel Acho add more depth to the linebacker group. Ryan Miller could potentially be a guard down the line, but he might be too big though. Billy Winn could develop as a LDE for the Browns, but he's got motor concerns that caused him to drop in the draft. Not sure Trevin Wade and Brad Smelley are much more than depth or even just camp bodies.

Pittsburgh Steelers
1.24 - David DeCastro [OG; Stanford]
1.56 - Mike Adams [OT; Ohio State]
3.86 - Sean Spence [LB; Miami (FL)]
4.109 - Alameda Ta'amu [DT; Washington]
5.159 - Chris Rainey [RB; Florida]
7.231 - Toney Clemons [WR; Colorado]
7.240 - David Paulson [TE; Oregon]
7.246 - Terrence Frederick [CB; Texas A&M]
7.248 - Kelvin Beachum [OG; SMU]

The draft fell about as perfectly as the Steelers could have hoped it would. David DeCastro was the ideal pick for the Steelers as he fell to them at 24, and they happily took him there. He along with Maurkice Pouncey create a heck of an interior offensive line. Getting Mike Adams as their right tackle of the future makes the future that much brighter for the Steelers. I really do question Sean Spence's fit in this scheme as I thought he was small even for a 4-3 defense. Alameda Ta'amu isn't going to be the future nose tackle, but I think he can be pretty good depth there. Chris Rainey adds some versatility to the backfield in certain packages. I'm not sure Toney Clemons, David Paulson, Terrence Frederick, and Kelvin Beachum are much more than practice squad players though.

AFC South

Houston Texans
1.26 - Whitney Mercilus [DE/OLB; Illinois]
3.68 - DeVier Posey [WR; Ohio State]
3.76 - Brandon Brooks [OG; Miami (OH)]
4.99 - Ben Jones [C; Georgia]
4.121 - Keshawn Martin [WR; Michigan State]
4.126 - Jared Crick [DT/DE; Nebraska]
5.161 - Randy Bullock [C; Texas A&M]
6.195 - Nick Mondek [OT; Purdue]

While I do like what Whitney Mercilus brings to the table, I really question the need to add another pass rusher to the table. Connor Barwin had a coming out party this past season, and I thought Brooks Reed played pretty well as a rookie. I guess no such thing as too many pass rushers. The DeVier Posey selection was baffling as they just traded down and missed a chance to draft Reuben Randle, a clearly superior receiver. I like Brandon Brooks and should immediately play for the Texans at guard. Ben Jones is nice, but he'll be developed. Could play some RG though. Not a huge fan of Keshawn Martin, and felt Cunningham was the best Spartan receiver. I don't like Jared Crick, and I don't think he'll be a starter. With all the issues the Texans have had with kickers, Randy Bullocks should help fix that. Not sure Nick Mondek is much more than a camp body.

Indianapolis Colts
1.1 - Andrew Luck [QB; Stanford]
2.34 - Coby Fleener [TE; Stanford]
3.64 - Dwayne Allen [TE; Clemson]
3.92 - T.Y. Hilton [WR; FIU]
5.136 - Josh Chapman [DT; Alabama]
5.170 - Vick Ballard [RB; Mississippi State]
6.206 - LaVon Brazill [WR; Ohio]
7.208 - Justin Anderson [OG; Georgia]
7.214 - Tim Fugger [OLB; Vanderbilt]
7.253 - Chandler Harnish [QB; Northern Illinois]

After the Colts fall from grace with Peyton Manning's injury, the Colts stumbled to a 2-14 record and ending up with the #1 overall pick. That was to the Colts luck as Andrew Luck, who returned for his RS junior year, would have gone first overall then. Andrew Luck is arguably the best quarterback to come out since John Elway and instantly makes the Colts team respectable. In the second round, they saw Luck's favorite target in Coby Fleener and to help Andrew Luck adjust to the pros they took his safety net. In the third round, the Colts surprisingly used another pick on a tight end in Dwayne Allen. While I do question the need to take two tight ends early with as many holes as the Colts have, Andrew Luck always utilizes his tight ends. T.Y. Hilton is a small, quick receiver who besides Kendall Wright might be the best vertical threat in this year's draft. I really like the value the Colts got in Josh Chapman in the fifth as the future nose tackle for their 3-4 defense. He was the unsung hero of that Crimson Tide defensive line. Vick Ballard gives them more depth at running back, and I feel Justin Anderson could be a darkhorse to get quite a bit of time at guard. Still, Justin Fugger is a nice developmental prospect behind the Colts top three pass rushers. Chandler Harnish is a nice future back up quarterback to Andrew Luck.

Jacksonville Jaguars
1.5 - Justin Blackmon [WR; Oklahoma State]
2.38 - Andre Branch [DE; Clemson]
3.70 - Bryan Anger [P; California]
5.142 - Brandon Marshall [OLB; Nevada]
6.176 - Mike Harris [CB; Florida State]
7.228 - Jeris Pendleton [DT; Ashland]

Justin Blackmon was slowly falling down in my rankings going from what I had as a top ten prospect in a mid first round talent. He's got less than ideal size at wide receiver and the gap between Michael Floyd, who went eight picks later, and Blackmon really isn't as big as some would lead you to believe. Still, the Jaguars needed to get a go-to player if Blaine Gabbert is going to succeed. Andre Branch has a world of talent, but also a lot of questions. The Jaguars haven't had a great track record of developing pass rushers, and I've got some concerns about his ability to play with his hand in the ground. The Jaguars took a FREAKING punter in the third round. You never take a punter that high, just ask the Packers fans how B.J. Sanders is working out for them. Behind that, the Jaugars took a couple of depth players in Brandon Marshall and Mike Harris as well as a potential practice squad player in Jeris Pendelton. Overall, this entire draft is pretty much not going to be a franchise changer unless Andre Branch exceeds his potential.

Tennessee Titans
1.20 - Kendall Wright [WR; Baylor]
2.52 - Zach Brown [OLB; North Carolina]
3.82 - Mike Martin [DT; Michigan]
4.115 - Coty Sensabaugh [CB; Clemson]
5.147 - Taylor Thompson [TE; SMU]
6.190 - Markelle Martin [S; Oklahoma State]
7.211 - Scott Solomon [DE; Rice]

While I do like the value of taking Kendall Wright at twenty, I really do question the fit. The Titans weren't in desperate need of a wide receiver, and given the depth in this class I felt they could have waited another round or two before taking one. After taking Akeem Ayers in the second round last year, I thought it was a bit odd they took Zach Brown despite being good value there. Mike Martin was the first pick I really liked, and while he's not special he's going to be rock solid in the middle for the Titans. The Coty Sensabaugh pick was a bit odd as I had a much lower grade on him, and wouldn't have taken him that early. Taylor Thompson is a nice story, but not sure he's anything more than a practice squad player. Grabbing Markelle Martin in the sixth is really good value, but he fell due to injury concerns. Scott Solomon performed really well at the combine, but his numbers don't match the measureables.

AFC West

Denver Broncos
2.36 - Derek Wolfe [DT; Cincinnati]
2.57 - Brock Osweiler [QB; Arizona State]
3.67 - Ronnie Hillman [RB; San Diego State]
4.101 - Omar Bolden [CB; Arizona State]
4.108 - Phillip Blake [C; Baylor]
5.137 - Malik Jackson [DT; Tennessee]
6.188 - Danny Trevathan [OLB; Kentucky]

Questionable fits seems to be the story of the draft for the Broncos at the top. I really liked Derek Wolfe coming out as a poor man's J.J. Watt, but I don't feel his value gets maximized as a three technique in John Fox's defense. Felt like they passed up on superior defensive tackle prospects that would have a done a much better job in run defense. They took Brock Osweiler with the idea of sitting him behind Peyton Manning, and learning from one of the best in the business for the next few years. Ronnie Hillman is a nice fit for the Broncos, and should help spell Willis McGahee who is getting up there in age. Omar Bolden could probably come in as a dime back as a rookie and play decently, but I don't think he develops into much more than a nickelback. I think Phillip Blake could come into camp from J.D. Walton, and he'll need to given that he's a bit older than the normal prospect. Malik Jackson, like Wolfe, seems like a questionable fit as most felt he was best suited going into a 3-4 defense as an end. Danny Trevathan provides special teams value, but probably not much more. The Broncos had a chance to put some more pieces around Peyton Manning, so this speaks volumes to what they think about their young receivers.

Kansas City Chiefs
1.11 - Dontari Poe [DT; Memphis]
2.44 - Jeff Allen [OT/OG; Illinois]
3.74 - Donald Stephenson [OT; Oklahoma]
4.107 - Devon Wylie [WR; Fresno State]
5.146 - De'quan Menzie [S; Alabama]
6.182 - Cyrus Gray [RB; Texas A&M]
7.218 - Jerome Long [DT; San Diego State]
7.238 - Junior Heimingway [WR; Michigan]

Not a real fan of the Chiefs draft and it begins at the top with several question marks. Dontari Poe's physical talents are among the best in the draft, but the problem is when you watch him play he doesn't play to that level. Romeo Crennel could be the guy to get the most out of him, but he's too much of a gamble for a team to invest a top 15 pick in him. While I like Jeff Allen, I question spending a second round pick into a guy who you have to project to move to guard and won't ever be much more than solid. I feel like if the Chiefs were intent on improving their guard position that taking David DeCastro in the first round was the way to go. Really like Donald Stephenson as a developmental tackle, and feel he has the feet to be a left tackle down the road. Devon Wylie adds some speed from the slot WR position, something the Chiefs could use to help out Matt Cassel. De'quan McKenzie adds some more nice depth to the Chiefs secondary. Cyrus Gray is a nice change of pace back and helps protect the Chiefs if Jamaal Charles isn't ready to go by the start of training camp. Jerome Long and Junior Hemingway seem like nothing more than camp bodies with a chance to stick on the Chiefs practice squad.

Oakland Raiders
3.95 - Tony Bergstrom [OT/OG; Utah]
4.129 - Miles Burris [LB; San Diego State]
5.158 - Jack Crawford [DE; Penn State]
5.168 - Juron Criner [WR; Arizona]
6.189 - Chris Bilukidi [DT; Georgia State]
7.230 - Nathan Stupar [LB: Penn State]

Like the Saints, it's almost impossible to give the Raiders a fair grade given their lack of picks at the top of the draft. Even then Reggie McKenzie did a great job of adding football players, and not athletes to the roster. Tony Bergstrom won't be anything special, but I think he can be a solid LG for several years. Miles Burris was extremely productive at San Diego State, and while he probably won't be that productive in the pros he should be a quality role player. Jack Crawford has some talent, but he's still quite raw as a football having only recently picked up playing football. Juron Criner has quite a bit of talent at wide receiver, but red flags caused him to fall in the draft. Not sure that Chris Bilukidi is anything more than a developmental prospect, but Nathan Stupar should help on special teams.

San Diego Chargers
1.18 - Melvin Ingram [OLB; South Carolina]
2.49 - Kendall Reyes [DT/DE; UConn]
3.73 - Brandon Taylor [S; LSU]
4.110 - Ladarius Green [TE; Louisiana-Lafayette]
5.149 - Johnnie Troutman [OG; Penn State]
7.226 - David Molk [C; Michigan]
7.250 - Edwin Baker [RB; Michigan State]

I really like what the Chargers did in this year's draft, and they did it largely with how the board shook out. Getting Melvin Ingram at 18 was a coup, when I personally expected a team to trade up into the top ten to draft him. After he got past New York at 16, it seemed like a forgone conclusion he was going to San Diego. Hate the body, but love the play from him. I'm not a huge fan of Kendall Reyes, but he'll bring a pass rush from that five technique position which the Chargers could stand to upgrade. Brandon Taylor isn't a special safety, but he's a solid safety who teamed with Eric Weddle shouldn't have issues of blown coverages. Really like Ladarius Green as the best value tight end in this draft, and feel he's quite similar to Rob Housler who quietly had a strong year for the Cardinals. Johnnie Troutman seems more like a depth pick, but with the questions at LG could get a shot to start as a rookie. David Molk was excellent value who reminds me a lot of Scott Wells, and drafting him with the intent of developing him behind Nick Hardwick is brilliant. Edwin Baker seems like a decent pick with the health concerns regarding Ryan Mathews.

NFC East

Dallas Cowboys
1.6 - Morris Claiborne [CB; LSU]
3.81 - Tyrone Crawford [DE; Boise State]
4.113 - Kyle Wilber [LB; Wake Forest]
4.135 - Matt Johnson [S; Eastern Washington]
5.152 - Danny Coale [WR; Virginia Tech]
6.186 - James Hanna [TE; Oklahoma]
7.222 - Caleb McSurdy [LB; Montana]

This entire draft is completely tied to Morris Claiborne, and if he doesn't become an elite cornerback this draft is going to be judged a lot less favorably. Morris Claiborne isn't your ideal cornerback, but with how poor the Cowboys corners played last year Claiborne and Brandon Carr should be a significant upgrade. Tyrone Crawford is a nice situational pass rushers from the five technique position, but I'm not sure he's stout enough to be an every down lineman in the Cowboys defense. Not sure the Kyle Wilber pick is any different than the Jason Williams pick a few years ago. Matt Johnson might be a nice special teams player, but I don't think he's going to be an impact player. Danny Coale reminds me of Kevin Ogletree and I think he could quietly have a pretty good rookie season with the 'Boys. James Hanna was an UDFA prior to the combine, but he was the most impressive tight end there and is a developmental prospect. Caleb McSurdy probably isn't much more than a camp body at this point.

New York Giants
1.32 - David Wilson [RB; Virginia Tech]
2.64 - Reuben Randle [WR; LSU]
3.94 - Jayron Hosley [CB; Virginia Tech]
4.127 - Adrien Robinson [TE; Cincinnati]
4.131 - Brandon Mosley [OT; Auburn]
6.201 - Matt Mccants [OT; UAB]
6.239 - Markus Kuhn [DT; NC State]

Not a huge fan of the Giants taking David Wilson in the first although I did give him an early second round grade. I just don't see a ton of value in taking a running back in the first round unless he's a special talent and I'm not sure Wilson is. Getting Reuben Randle in the second was a coup, and apparently was under consideration for the Giants first pick before they opted to go with David Wilson instead. Getting Jayron Hosley in the third round would have been good value if not for him failing the drug test at the combine. Not sure where Adrien Robinson fits, and feel that the Giants reached on an inferior tight end because of their tight ends being injured. Like Brandon Mosley as a potential right tackle downt he road. Matt Mccants is another nice developmental left tackle, but probably not much more than a future swing tackle. Markus Kuhn probably isn't much more than a practice squad player for the Giants.

Philadelphia Eagles
1.12 - Fletcher Cox [DT; Mississippi State]
2.46 - Mychal Kendricks [LB; California]
2.59 - Vinny Curry [DE; Marshall]
3.88 - Nick Foles [QB; Arizona]
4.123 - Brandon Boykin [CB; Georgia]
5.153 - Dennis Kelly [OT; Purdue]
6.194 - Marvin McNutt [WR; Iowa]
6.200 - Brandon Washington [OG; Miami (FL)]
7.229 - Bryce Brown [RB; Kansas State]

I really, really like the Eagles draft which should help the Eagles get to the playoffs this next season. Fletcher Cox is an ideal defensive tackle for Jim Washburn to utilize on the defensive line. Mychal Kendricks is just a straight up football player and wouldn't surprise me if he ended up taking the MIKE position from DeMeco Ryans sooner rather than later. Vinny Curry is another great fit for the Wide 9 defense as he has experience doing it at Marshall. Nick Foles is a developmental quarterback, and given Michael Vick's injury history might be a smart investment. Brandon Boykin helps in the return game, but don't think he's much more than a dime back on defense. Dennis Kelly, Marvin McNutt, and Brandon Washington probably aren't much more than depth at this point. I like the Eagles taking a flier on Bryce Brown, he's got a ton of talent but hasn't come close to tapping into that potential.

Washington Redskins
1.2 - Robert Griffin III [QB; Baylor]
3.71 - Josh LeRibeus [OG; SMU]
4.102 - Kirk Cousins [QB; Michigan State]
4.119 - Keenan Robinson [OLB; Texas]
5.141 - Adam Gettis [OG; Iowa]
6.173 - Alfred Morris [RB; FAU]
6.193 - Tom Compton [OT; South Dakota]
7.213 - Richard Crawford [CB; SMU]
7.217 - Jordan Bernstine [CB; Iowa]

The Redskins sold the farm to move up to the #2 spot when they traded with the Rams, so their entire franchise is dictated by how good or bad Robert Griffin III becomes. If he becomes the franchise quarterback that the Redskins believe he is, than the Redskins fortune are looking up. After taking RGIII, the Redskins took a slew of odd picks. Josh LeRibeus is a late round/UDFA player whom the Redskins took in the third round to help rebuild their interior offensive line. Kirk Cousins was a bit baffling given that they already took RGIII earlier. A little too early to take someone with the intent of developing them and trying to trade him for picks later. Keenan Robinson is another odd pick as I really only liked him in a 4-3 defense as an OLB. He'll have to get kicked inside in the 'Skins 3-4 defense. Not only is Adam Gettis a better player than Josh LeRibeus, he was better value when the Redskins got him two rounds later. Don't know a whole lot about Alfred Morris, but Mike Shanahan knows a thing or two about running backs. I like Tom Compton as a developmental offensive tackle and a potential starter down the road. Not sure Richard Crawford or Jordan Bernstine are much more than camp bodies though.

NFC North

Chicago Bears
1.19 - Shea McClellin [DE; Boise State]
2.45 - Alshon Jeffery [WR; South Carolina]
3.79 - Brandon Hardin [S; Oregon State]
4.111 - Evan Rodriguez [TE; Temple]
6.184 - Isaiah Frey [CB; Nevada]
7.220 - Greg McCoy [CB; TCU]

I thought this was a critical draft for the Bears, and while they didn't exactly hit their draft well they brought in some pretty good talent. I really like Shea McClellin, but not as a 4-3 defensive end. I just don't think he's stout enough at the POA to hold up as an end in the Bears 4-3 defense. Adding Alshon Jeffrey is good value, but I worry he's too redundant with Brandon Marshall already in the fold. Brandon Hardin was a surprise pick given that he didn't play at all last year, so Bears fans will be disappointed if they think he's going to be a big time player this year for the Bears. Evan Rodriguez is a nice H-Back, but not really much. Brings absolutely nothing in terms of blocking. Isaiah Frey adds more depth to the cornerback spot that could use it. Think Greg McCoy is a candidate to go to the Bears practice squad.

Detroit Lions
1.23 - Riley Reiff [OT; Iowa]
2.54 - Ryan Broyles [WR; Oklahoma]
3.85 - Dwight Bentley [CB; Louisiana-Lafayette]
4.125 - Ronnell Lewis [DE/OLB; Oklahoma]
5.138 - Tahir Whitehead [LB; Temple]
5.148 - Chris Greenwood [CB; Albion]
6.196 - Jonte Green [CB; New Mexico State]
7.223 - Travis Lewis [LB; Oklahoma]

Getting Riley Reiff in the first round was a really smart move to help keep Matthew Stafford, whose had a history of injuries, healthy. While Riley Reiff doesn't possess much upside and probably won't be more than an average LT. Ryan Broyles pick was quite surprising given that he was coming off a significant injury and the Lions already have enough wide receivers and I really like Ryan Broyles. Dwight Bentley was a bit of a reach as I had a lower grade on him, but he helps that pretty bad Lions secondary. I like Ronnell Lewis as a SAM prospect, but I've heard the Lions intent to use him as a pass rusher. I feel that is misusing him as he's nothing more than a situational pass rusher. Tahir Whitehead adds more special teams value to the Lions. And Chris Greenwood has a nice size/speed combination, but needs a lot of development before he can play. Think Jonte Green is nothing more than a camp body, but Travis Lewis is going to surprise quite a few people.

Green Bay Packers
1.28 - Nick Perry [DE/OLB; USC]
2.51 - Jerel Worthy [DT/DE; Michigan State]
2.62 - Casey Heyward [CB; Vanderbilt]
4.132 - Mike Daniels [DT/DE; Iowa]
4.133 - Jerron McMillian [S; Maine]
5.163 - Terrell Manning [LB; NC State]
7.241 - Andrew Datko [OT; Florida State]
7.243 - B.J. Coleman [QB; UT-Chatanooga]

There is a ton of upside with this Packers draft class, but also a lot of inherent risk with it as well. This was a very uncharacteristic Ted Thompson draft as he ended up trading up three times. In the first, he opted for Nick Perry whom I compare to Brian Orakpo over the more NFL ready Courtney Upshaw. The similarities to Orakpo are startling, and if he turns out to be as good as Orakpo the pass rush issues should be a thing of the past. Jerel Worthy was probably the most impressive defensive tackle on tape, but the problem was the tape wasn't consistent. Casey Heyward has the best ball skills in the draft right on part with Morris Claiborne, but he's only average in the speed department although he should contend for the nickel back role. Mike Daniels is a nice interior pass rusher that is a nice role player. Jerron McMillian was a surprising pick, but Ted knows his small school defensive backs pretty well. Terrell Manning is a bit of an odd pick given he's a better fit in a 4-3 defense, but there are similarities to Brandon Chillar. Andrew Datko and B.J. Coleman both have quite a bit of upside, but need a lot of development before they're ready.

Minnesota Vikings
1.4 - Matt Kalil [OT; USC]
1.29 - Harrison Smith [S; Notre Dame]
3.66 - Josh Robinson [CB; UCF]
4.118 - Jarius Wright [WR; Arkansas]
4.128 - Rhett Ellison [FB; USC]
4.134 - Greg Childs [WR; Arkansas]
5.139 - Robert Blanton [S; Notre Dame]
6.175 - Blair Walsh [K; Georgia]
7.210 - Audie Cole [LB; NC State]
7.219 - Trevor Guyton [DE; California]

I applaud Rick Spielman for spewing out enough rumors to get the Cleveland Browns to trade up while still being able to get their guy. Matt Kalil is the franchise LT they need to help protected Christian Ponder and allows them to move Charlie Johnson to LG. Harrison Smith was a bit of reach, but with how poor their safety play was he should help their defense tremendously. Josh Robinson is a good pick as he's a small, fast corner with a nose for the ball. Grabbing the pair of Razorbacks receivers, Jarius Wright and Greg Childs, could pay dividends particuarly Greg Childs. Rhett Elliosn was a reach, and probably shouldn't have been taken until much later. Not sure why the Vikings took Robert Blanton, but with how bad the Vikings safeties are he might make the team. Blair Walsh will compete with Ryan Longwell for the kickers spot. Audie Cole and Trevor Guyton add some more depth to their roster.

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons
2.55 - Peter Konz [C; Wisconsin]
3.91 - Lamar Holmes [OT; Southern Miss]
5.157 - Bradie Ewing [FB; Wisconsin]
5.164 - Jonathan Massaquoi [DE; Troy]
6.192 - Charles Mitchell [S; Mississippi State]
7.249 - Travian Robertson [DT; South Carolina]

After giving up their first round pick to the Browns a year ago to acquire Julio Jones, the Falcons were left without a pick on the first day. After the first round had ended, Peter Konz was still on the board likely with questions regarding his health as he was a first round talent. He continued to fall down in the draft before the Falcons picked him, and he could be a Day 1 starter at center taking over for Todd McClure whose getting up there in age. I like Lamar Holmes as a developmental left tackle prospect, and while he probably went a round or two earlier than he should have I do like his chances of developing as a left tackle. Bradie Ewing is needed as Ovie Mughelli probably won't be the Falcons starting FB much longer, and Ewing is a bit more versatile as he's capable of running the ball but also catching it out of the backfield. Jonathan Massaquoi adds a situational pass rusher, and the Falcons could use that with Jonathan Abraham getting up there in age. Don't really see much more than practice squad players when I see Charles Mitchell and Travian Robinson. Nice camp depth, but not sure they ultimately make the roster.

Carolina Panthers
1.9 - Luke Kuechly [LB; Boston College]
2.40 - Aminu Silatolu [OG; Midwestern State]
4.103 - Frank Alexander [DE; Oklahoma]
4.104 - Joe Adams [WR; Arkansas]
5.143 - Josh Norman [CB; Coastal Carolina]
6.207 - Brad Nortman [P; Wisconsin]
7.216 - D.J. Campbell [S; California]

Really like that the Panthers did the smart thing in taking Luke Kuechly with the uncertainty regarding their current linebackers. While he might not possess the upside of guys like Fletcher Cox, the Panthers need more players on their defense who can stay healthy. Aminu Silatolu was a bit of a surprising pick for the Panthers, but he gained a lot of steam late in the process who should start at one of the guard spots as a rookie. Frank Alexander isn't anything special and projects more as a LDE, but he'll be a backup for the first few years of his career. Joe Adams is a small speedy receiver who you need to keep an eye on when he's on the field. Love the value of getting Josh Norman in the fifth round, and while he's a few years from contributing in the NFL you have to love the ball skills he displayed. Don't like taking punters in the draft at all, but the Panthers were dead last in the NFL in net yards punting. D.J. Campbell probably isn't much more than a PS player, but he'll compete in camp and push the other safeties on the roster.

New Orleans Saints
3.89 - Akiem Hicks [DT; Regine (Canada)]
4.122 - Nick Toon [WR; Wisconsin]
5.162 - Corey White [S; Samford]
6.179 - Andrew Tiller [OG; Syracuse]
7.234 - Marcel Jones [OT; Nebraska]

After trading their first round pick to get back into the first round last year, the Saints were already behind majority of the other teams. Then there was the fallout from the bounty scandal and soon the Saints were left without a first and second round pick. Their first pick came in the third round where the Saints took Akiem Hicks out of Canada. Naturally with any player coming from outside of college, there is a level of competition concern which leads me to believe he won't play very much as a rookie. Nick Toon is a nice possession receiver, but he's just that and doesn't posses much upside. With how deep the Saints WR core is, he might not get much more snaps than a #4 or #5 wide receiver. Corey White, Andrew Tiller, and Marcel Jones aren't much more practice squad bodies, but could potentially catch on as depth. I don't feel comfortable grading the Saints draft due to the lack of picks in total and at the top of the draft.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1.7 - Mark Barron [S; Alabama]
1.31 - Doug Martin [RB; Boise State]
2.58 - Lavonte David [OLB; Nebraska]
5.140 - Najee Goode [LB; West Virginia]
6.174 - Keith Tandy [CB; West Virgnia]
7.212 - Michael Smith [RB; Utah State]
7.233 - Drake Dunsmore [TE/FB; Northwestern]

I was very critical of the Buccaneers draft starting with Mark Barron, but I love the fits of these guys in Greg Schiano's team. Greg Schiano set out to change the culture of his team, especially on defense and he used his first pick on Mark Barron to be the leader of his defense. While he's got concern in coverage, if he can keep the receiver in front of him he can be a dominant strong safety in the NFL. I've warmed up on Doug Martin quite a bit lately, and he's a small, compact back who runs hard. Add on that he's a great receiver out of the backfield, and he'll be a great fit for the Buccaneers offense. Lavonte David, while undersized, is just a smart football player whose always around the ball. Should wrack up the tackles as he starts on opening day. Najee Goode brings some more depth to the Buccaneers linebacker, who need all the help they can get. I like Keith Tandy, and while he probably won't ever develop into a starting cornerback he could develop into one of the better nickel corners. Michael Smith is a nice change of pace back to go along with Doug Martin and LeGarrette Blount. Drake Dunsmore could make the team as an H-Back, but seems a PS spot seems more likely.

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals
1.13 - Michael Floyd [WR; Notre Dame]
3.80 - Jamell Fleming [CB; Oklahoma]
4.112 - Bobby Massie [OT; Mississippi]
5.151 - Senio Kelemete [OG; Washington]
6.177 - Justin Bethel [CB/S; Presbyterian]
6.185 - Ryan Lindley [QB; San Diego State]
7.221 - Nate Potter [OT/OG; Boise State]

I think the Cardinals draft has been quietly one of the best drafts this year of all the teams in the league. They took Michael Floyd with their first round pick, and putting him across from Larry Fitzgerald won't give Kevin Kolb any excuses not to play well. Jamell Fleming is a very good corner who had a strong senior season, and while he doesn't project to be a star he should be a good #2 opposite of Patrick Peterson. The value of getting Bobby Massie in the fourth round is tremendous, and I feel he could be the future RT for the Cardinals. Not a huge fan of Senio Kelemente, but he fits what the Cardinals want to do at the guard position. Could probably kick out to RT in a pinch. I thought Justin Bethel could have gone as high as the second round with how poor the safety class was, but he's a nice developmental prospect in the sixth. Nice pick up of Ryan Lindley in the sixth, but not sure he's that much different than John Skelton or even better for that matter. Nate Potter has some value in versatility, as I think he can go inside as well as be a swing tackle. Definitely one of the better drafts in my estimation.

St. Louis Rams
1.14 - Michael Brockers [DT; LSU]
2.33 - Brian Quick [WR; Appalachian State]
2.39 - Janoris Jenkins [CB; North Alabama]
2.50 - Isaiah Peed [RB; Cincinnati]
3.65 - Trumaine Johnson [CB/S; Montana]
4.96 - Chris Givens [WR; Wake Forest]
5.150 - Rokevious Watkins [OG; South Carolina]
6.171 - Greg Zuerlein [K; Missouri Western]
7.209 - Aaron Brown [LB; Hawaii]
7.252 - Daryl Richardson [RB; Abilene Christian]

There is a lot to love about the Rams draft, but there are also a significant amount of question marks as well. It starts at the top with Michael Brockers who I've compared to Richard Seymour, but needs quite a bit of work. The Rams shocked everyone by taking Brian Quick and while his combination of size and speed can't be coached, he's still extremely raw in his technique. Janoris Jenkins is arguably the most talented cornerback in this class, but has red flags with his character until the end of time. He really needs to keep his head firmly between his shoulders to tap the potential. Isaiah Peed is one of the quietest backs in this class, but he's going to be a pretty good back for a long time. Steven Jackson is getting up there in age when back start to fall off, so getting Peed is a good thing for the Rams. Trumaine Johnson has excellent ball skills and great size, but he's still extremely raw and could possibly project better at safety. Chris Given is the best route runner of this year's WR group, but he's got significant medical red flags and doesn't posses a ton of upside either. Rokevious Watkins, Aaron Brown, and Daryl Richardson aren't really much more than depth at this point. Greg Zuerlein figures to be the Rams kicker this year after they released Josh Brown less than a week after the draft.

San Fransisco 49ers
1.30 - A.J. Jenkins [WR; Illinois]
2.61 - LaMichael James [RB; Oregon]
4.117 - Joe Looney [OG; Wake Forest]
5.165 - Darius Fleming [OLB; Notre Dame]
6.180 - Trenton Robinson [S; Michigan State]
6.199 - Jason Slowey [C; Western Michigan]
7.237 - Cam Johnson [DE/OLB; Virginia]

I really like what A.J. Jenkins brings to the table, very much in the mold of Santonio Holmes, but I feel it was a bit early to grab him especially with the amount of wide receiver talent left on the board. The LaMichael James pick was even more baffling as the 49ers still have Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, and Brandon Jacobs ahead of him, he's not going to get much playing time out side of special teams. Joe Looney doesn't appear to be much more than depth at this point, as is Darius Flemming with the talent the 49ers already have at OLB. Trenton Robinson is a bit small for a safety, but you can't deny he has a nose for the ball. Jason Slowey is a nice developmental prospect to groom behind Jonathan Goodwin. Cam Johnson fell in the draft because he had the sickle cell disease, but it's very good value this late in the draft.

Seattle Seahawks
1.15 - Bruce Irvin [OLB; West Virginia]
2.47 - Bobby Wagner [LB; Utah State]
7.75 - Russell Wilson [QB; Wisconsin]
4.106 - Robert Turbin [RB; Utah State]
4.114 - Jaye Howard [DT; Florida]
5.154 - Korey Toomer [OLB; Idaho]
6.172 - Jeremy Lane [CB; Northwestern State]
6.181 - Winston Guy [S; Kentucky]
7.225 - J.R. Sweezy [DT; NC State]
7.232 - Greg Scruggs [DT; Louisville]

Head scratching to say the least would be the best way to describe the Seahawks draft. Taking Bruce Irvin in the first round was the big surprise of the draft, and while no one can deny that he's the fastest pass rusher in this year's class, he lacks diversity to his game and isn't an every down player at this point. Bobby Wagner is an excellent linebacker and should fit as an ILB in Pete Carrol's hybrid 3-4/4-3 defense. I really like Russell Wilson the quarterback, but his height is almost too much for me to get over. Not sure how much success can be had since Drew Brees is the exception, not the rule. Robert Turbin is a nice complimentary back to Skittles, but not sure he's much more. Jaye Howard adds more depth to the roster on the defensive line. Not sure Korey Toomer, Jeremy Lane, Winston Guy, and J.R. Sweezey are much more than camp bodies though. I do like Greg Scruggs as a developmental prospect, but he probably needs to be stashed on the practice squad for a few years.

Last edited by CWood21 on Mon May 07, 2012 12:43 am; edited 9 times in total
green24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Courtney Upshaw - F

Better pick than Maroney or Meriwether. Wink

#TeamManfred
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I can't wait for the draft. Your grades should be interesting.

R.I.P. Stylish
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have three going this year, KIG, You and I. Last year I was the only one doing them.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
We have three going this year, KIG, You and I. Last year I was the only one doing them.

Should be interesting to see what grade we give certain players.

I will be following definitely.

I think it's funny how I follow/trust people's opinions in this forum over "experts".

My NFL Draft Thread
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love seeing how people grade picks.

Some grade on value
Some need
Some on players they like and dont like

I look forward to reading everyone's grades

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Man I can't wait for the draft. Your grades should be interesting.

I'm interested too. Value, need, and the prospect all are going to be factored in.
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
khodder wrote:

I think it's funny how I follow/trust people's opinions in this forum over "experts".

Should be interesting to see how ours vary. We already know whoever takes DeCastro will get an A+ from khodder. I'll be keeping an eye on both of yours as well.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
khodder wrote:

Should be interesting to see how ours vary. We already know whoever takes DeCastro will get an A+ from khodder. I'll be keeping an eye on both of yours as well.

Maybe, maybe not. I have him at #1 based purely on the grade that I gave him (highest I have ever given) he plays his position better than any other player in this draft plays their position. However he is a Right Guard. Often times you can get a guy in the 5th round or later that will have the same imapct at Right Guard,

RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to be interesting Wink

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

I may decide to do them. Cool
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So of the three of us, I am the only one not to give Luck an A+. Personally I save A+ for the best picks, and that includes a value gain(learned when I had to give an A++ last year) Luck and Griffin both good picks but tough to get "plus value" at 1st and 2nd overall.

CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
So of the three of us, I am the only one not to give Luck an A+. Personally I save A+ for the best picks, and that includes a value gain(learned when I had to give an A++ last year) Luck and Griffin both good picks but tough to get "plus value" at 1st and 2nd overall.

Like I said before, I grade the picks based on three criteria: Value of the prospect at the given spot, a need immediate or in the near future, and what I think about the prospect. Andrew Luck, and to a lesser extent RGIII, fit exactly what the Colts and Redskins need. They need a face of the franchise, and there really wasn't another option. I'm not sure I'll throw out anymore A+ picks from here on out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: