Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EvanEagles Second-day mock W/Logic NO TRADES
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EvanEagles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: EvanEagles Second-day mock W/Logic NO TRADES Reply with quote

[b]ROUND 2:

33. St. Louis Cardinals: T, Jon Martin - Stanford
HOLY TIM TEBOW ST. LOUIS IS STACKED!!!!
At first, when the Rams drafted Michael Brockers at pick 14 - I thought they were stupid for not picking a tackle - it appears as though I’ve been outsmarted, however. Jon Martin, my #2 tackle - is luckily available here, which is a big break for the Rams, who need a true LT. This pick improves the entire O-Line, as it allows Rodger Saffold to move to LG or RT - meaning that Sam Bradford is going to be much more comfortable in the pocket.

34. Indianapolis Colts: TE, Coby Fleener - Stanford
Indy should celebrate: this is about as good as it gets for them here. The Colts TE situation is terrible at best, however, Coby Fleener is a 1st-round prospect - who also happens to be familiar/good friends with Andrew Luck, the new face of the Colts. They’re lucky he fell to them.

35. Baltimore Ravens: C, Peter Konz - Wisconsin
I was going to call Baltimore dumb for trading back when Peter Konz was snatched up by the 49ers, but I guess I was wrong - they made a good decision. Peter Konz is the #1 center in this draft, and the perfect replacement for Matt Birk when he calls it quits. As an added bonus, he can take over for Ben Grubbs until he’s ready to step in for Matt Birk.

36. Denver Broncos: DT, Devon Still - Penn State
Denver needs a DT, Devon Still is the #1 DT available, and a 1st-round prospect. Need I say more?

37. Cleveland Browns: WR, Stephen Hill - Georgia Tech
Really, Brandon Weeden? I think this is why the Browns still suck...
Regardless, they get a 1st-round prospect here! (yay? I guess it makes up for taking the 29-year old QB in the first...) Stephen Hill has HOF potential, and can stretch the field for Brandon Weeden. Stephen Hill has a lot to learn, but he’ll be at least decent across from Greg Little year 1.

38. Jacksonville Jaguars: DE, Courtney Upshaw - Alabama
Jacksonville got Justin Blackmon - the man they needed for Blaine Gabbert - and now they need a pass-rusher so they can make Blaine Gabbert look better! (in comparison to the opposing QB) Courtney Upshaw has fallen because he is a tweener, but he’s still a 1st round talent. He can rush the passer and stop the run, he’ll play 4-3 DE in the Jags system.

39. St. Louis Rams: WR, Rueben Randle - LSU
Sam Bradford has a new tackle, and upgraded O-line, now he needs a new weapon. The best WR available is Rueben Randle - a borderline 1st-round talent, who was made for the Rams West-Coast system. Randle has great size, good speed, and is a a good enough route-runner to be considered a potential #1 WR in the future. The Rams are doing well so far.

40. Carolina Panthers: DT, Jerel Worthy - Michigan State
So, Luke Kuelchy, eh? Well, he was my #1 defensive player in the draft, so I’ll let that pick slide - but the Panthers still need a DT. Jerel Worthy is the top rated DT available, he can rush the passer and stop the run. Not as good as Michael Brockers or Fletcher Cox, but definitely a borderline 1st-round talent.

41. Buffalo Bills: OT, Mike Adams - Ohio State
Buffalo got Stephon Gilmore in the 1st, so they still need somebody who can play LT, Mike Adams is the only guy available who fits the Bills. (<-- Get it? I’m funny Very Happy) Mike Adams is a borderline 1st-round prospect, who has fallen because of character issues. Her has the size and athleticism to play LT, but not the footwork or character. Buffalo has a history of producing LTs out of players just like this, (IE: Jason Peters, Demetress Bell) so maybe they can fix him.

42. Miami Dolphins: OG/RT, Cordy Glenn - Georgia
As a rule of thumb for drafting a QB, you must remember that in order to prevent the deadly David Carr Syndrome, you must compliment you signal caller with either: Protection, a WR, or a RB. The Dolphins have a big need at RT, and Cordy Glenn is a GREAT value in the 2nd round, he can play RT or guard, so no matter what he’ll help protect the Dolphins investment in Ryan Tannehill

43. Seattle Seahawks: ILB, Mychal Kendricks - Cal
The Seahawks drafted a third-round criminal in the 1st round, so I decided that since they needed an ILB, they could draft Vontaze Burfict here!
Just kidding, Mychal Kendricks is the pick here, the Seahawks let both they’re WILL and MIKE linebackers go, so they’ll probably want a fast player who can come in and compete at both positions - Mychal kendricks fits the bill to a tee.

44. Kansas City Chiefs: OG, Kelechi Osemele - Iowa State
The Chiefs didn’t get a guard in the in the 1st, so they can look for one here. Kelechi Osemele is versatile with pro-bowl potential, and the Chiefs like that kind of potential. Good pick here.

45. St. Louis Rams: OLB, Zach Brown - North Carolina
The Rams got some weapons for Sam Bradford, so now they can go back to defense. The Rams outside linebackers are the worst in the league, no competition, so they have to get an upgrade. Zach Brown is that upgrade. Zach Brown is good in coverage, and has the potential to be one of the league’s best if he can get motivated and aggressive. Jeff Fischer might be one of the only guys who could max out his potential in the entire NFL.

46. Philadelphia Eagles: WR, Mohamed Sanu - Rutgers
The Eagles need a size-y WR to throw jump-balls and use in the red-zone. Mohamed Sanu is the best player available to that bill. The Eagles pretty much need 3 WR anyway now that Dallas and New York’s secondaries look to be improving. Sanu is a good pick here.

47. New York Jets: RB, Lamar Miller - Miami (FL)
Like the Bucs the Jets need a speed back to pair with their current back, and Lamar Miller provides just that. Formerly considered a first-round pick, he’s fallen a bit due to the devaluation of the position. Oh well, better for the Jets!

48. New England Patriots: CB, Janoris Jenkins - North Alabama
Janoris Jenkins, pay off your child-support debt, because you just got drafted!
All comedy aside, Janoris Jenkins is a top-10 talent, if it weren't for his crimes/illegitimate children. But, the Patriots are known to sometimes turn a blind eye to problem players, (esp. ones with relations to Urban Meyer) so they could pick Janoris Jenkins here, and get an instant upgrade to their secondary.

49. San Diego Chargers: OT/G, Zebrie Sanders - Florida State
Kris Dielman Retired and Jeromey Clary sucks, (still) oh Chargers, you O-line sucks.
Zebrie Sanders can play guard or RT, so he can fill the swing position that the Chargers need to fill so badly.

50. Chicago Bears: CB, Josh Robinson - Central Florida
Chicago has been looking to upgrade the secondary with a young corner, and Josh Robinson is the best corner available. Robinsons a tremendous athlete who is excellent in man-coverage. He reminds me of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and provides an instant, and good value upgrade to the Bears secondary.

51. Philadelphia Eagles: CB/KR, Brandon Boykin - Georgia
The Eagles need CB depth now that Asante Samuel is gone (apparently) so they pick up Brandon Boykin out of Georgia, who fills three needs: slot CB, backup Corner, and kick returner. This makes the pick more than worth it to get a versatile player.

52. Tennessee Titans: DT, Kendall Reyes - Connecticut
The Titans didn't get a pass-rusher in the 1st, and they are lucky that Kendall Reyes is still available here for them to take. Reyes is arguably the second-best pass-rushing DT in the 2012 draft. A converted linebacker, he has good speed and height for the position, and is a great value in the middle of the 2nd-round.

53. Cincinnati Bengals: DE, Andre Branch - Clemson
Cincinnati is stacked with mediocre pass-rushers, so why not upgrade? before Chandler Jones rise up draft boards, Andre Branch was being pushed into the 1st round by every draftnik and his/her grandmother. So, it’s safe to assume that he’s more than mediocre. He’s a good upgrade to a pass-rush that really needs it in Cincinnati.

54. Detroit Lions: DE, Vinny Curry - Marshall
Speaking of upgrading the pass-rush, with Kyle Vanden-B on his last legs, and Cliff Avril unhappy, the Lions need another DE, and thankfully Vinny Curry is one of the best players available here for the Lions to pick.

55. Atlanta Falcons: TE, Dwayne Allen - Clemson
With Tony Gonzalez’ retirement imminent, a successor will soon have to be chosen. Dwayne Allen could be just the man for the job, he has the great receiving and blocking ability you’d look for in a guy set to replace a legend at the the tight end position. In the meantime - he can play H-back and participate in some sweet 2 tight end sets.

56. Pittsburgh Steelers: NT, Alameda Ta’amu - Washington
The Steelers need a replacement for Casey Hampton, so they pick Alameda Ta’amu, a man just as huge with a lot to learn from him.

57. Denver Broncos: QB, Brock Osweiler - Arizona State
Apparently the Broncos love him - and if Peyton Manning will teach him anything, he too could be a legend one day.

58. Houston Texans: OT, Bobby Massie - Ole Miss
The Texans released their starting right tackle and will need a new one, so Bobby Massie is the pick here.

59. Green Bay Packers: CB, Jayron Hosley - Virginia Tech
The Packers need somebody for depth at corner if Charles Woodson is really going to move to Nick Collins’ spot. Hosley is fast, and has a lot of potential, which makes him an ideal candidate to play behind the seasoned veterans in the Green Bay locker room..

60. Baltimore Ravens: DE/OLB, Ronnell Lewis - Oklahoma
The Ravens need a rush linebacker since Jarrett Johnson has left for San Diego. Ronnell Lewis is the top rush linebacker available, and a borderline first-round prospect pushed back due to insane depth at the position.

61. San Francisco 49ers: OG/RT, Amini Silatolu - Midwestern State
San Francisco needs an O-lineman, Silatolu is the best one available. Easy pick.

62. New England Patriots: DT, Brandon Thompson - Clemson
New England needs some 5-techs for their 3-4, Brandon Thompson fits the bill, and has an interesting combo of pass-rushing and space-filling that Bill Belichick loves to have in his 5-techs.

63. New York Giants: TE/H-Back, Orson Charles - Georgia
The Giants lost all their tight-ends in the Super Bowl, so they need a player who can come in and start right away, Orson Charles fits the bill. As an added bonus, he can also replace Brandon Jacobs as the Giants H-back!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND 3:

64 - Indianapolis Colts: CB, Jamell Fleming - Oklahoma
65 - St. Louis Rams: RB, Chris Polk - Washington
66 - Minnesota Vikings: WR, Brian Quick - Appalachian State
67 - Cleveland Browns: OT, Mitchell Schwartz - Cal
68 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers: ILB, Bobby Wagner - Utah State
69 - Washington Redskins: OT, James Brown - Troy
70 - Jacksonville Jaguars: CB, Chase Minnifield - Virginia
71 - Buffalo Bills: QB, Kirk Cousins - Michigan State
72 - Miami Dolphins: TE, Ladarius Green - Louisiana Lafayette
73 - Miami Dolphins: DE, Cam Johnson - Virginia
74 - Kansas City Chiefs: CB/FS, Trumaine Johnson - Montana
75 - Seattle Seahawks: OT, Jeff Allen - Illinois
76 - Houston Texans: DT, Mike Martin - Michigan
77 - New York Jets: WR, T.Y. Hilton - Florida International
78 - San Diego Chargers: S, George Iloka - Boise State
79 - Chicago Bears: SLB, Keenan Robinson - Texas
80 - Arizona Cardinals: OT, Matt McCants - UAB
81 - Dallas Cowboys: DT/DE, Jared Crick - Nebraska
82 - Tennessee Titans: WLB, Lavonte David - Nebraska
83 - Cincinnati Bengals: WR, Chris Givins - Wake Forest
84 - Atlanta Falcons: C/G, Ben Jones Georgia
85 - Detriot Lions: C, Phillip Blake - Baylor
86 - Pittsburgh Steelers: CB, Alfonzo Dennard - Nebraska
87 - Denver Broncos: RB, Robert Turbin - Utah State
88 - Philadelphia Eagles: SLB, Audie Cole - N.C. State
89 - New Orleans Saints: WLB, Sean Spence - Miami (FL)
90 - Green Bay Packers: DT/DE, Billy Winn - Boise State
91 - Baltimore Ravens: OG, Brandon Brooks - Miami (Ohio)
92 - San Francisco 49ers: DE/OLB, Jonathan Massaquoi - Troy
93 - Cincinnati Bengals: WR, Marvin Jones - Cal
94 - New York Giants: OG/T, Brandon Washington - Miami (FL)
95 - Oakland Raiders: CB, Dwight "Bill" Bentley - Louisiana-Lafayette

Last edited by EvanEagles on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
chris00cm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY TIM TEBOW!

Rams fans won't like you trying to replace Rodger Saffold. Most of us want Cordy Glenn, who can start day 1 at LG or RT. But I understand the logic.

Rueben Randle... flawless. Keep those LSU guys comin'.

I hate the Zach Brown pick. He'd be a fine 3rd round pick, but St. Louis needs to go 3/3 on offense with these 2nd rounders. Lamar Miller would be an excellent pick to spell Steven Jackson. Rams are also rumored around Janoris Jenkins. Rather take a chance on him rather than Brown. Heck Amini Silatolu would be a better pick as well.

(One note, Rams aren't running the west-coast offense. Now running Brian Schottenheimer's Air Coryell system)

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
jjab360

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I disagree with chris00cm with is I don't like Rueben Randle and I don't think we have to go all offense. Zach Brown is more of a late third round pick in my eyes, though, so I would much rather have Janoris Jenkins or Bobby Wagner.
#39 Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll offer another differing opinion as a Rams fan.

I love it. All of it.

^Salt&Pepper
ukraven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upshaw over Konz for the Ravens IMO. Much better prospect and it's a deep class for Centers.

Silatolu would then be better at #60.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Bengals 2nd round pick. We do not need 2 WR's in the 3rd though, give us a S or DT in the 3rd

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id lovee it.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
mountainpd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice for the Dolphins

Chris Givens or Lavonte David over Green in the 3rd please

^^^Kempes^^^
bigdog2372

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the league rule on Chase Minnifield playing for 2 teams?? Laughing

Big "Thanks" to IAmPacman for creating this Sig!
Bad meets Evil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinny Curry over Upshaw for the jags.

Credit to IPwn for da sig
HuskieBear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's gonna be available in the 3rd, give the Bears Alshon Jeffery. Great value in the 3rd.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick is good, could also see Trumaine Johnson going there too, then a couple of fourth round WR's.

skatebeanz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions love LaMichael James. 3rd round is incredible value considering his is the #2 back in the draft. I can see them taking him there. So give us James in the 3rd.

Sig bet
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great second day for the Browns. And while I'm not a fan of the Weeden pick. At least get his age correct at 28

Vince Lombardi
VYoung10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it.

2014 Adopt a Titan:
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83 - CUT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: