Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3 other people needed to do a full mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrawABlank wrote:
Hi guys.

Just a note to say I really enjoyed this mock - we kept it going really well and the draft looks pretty realistic. There are some good picks, some bad picks (why didn't Atlanta take Boykin in the 3rd?), some reaches and some steals. Just like the real draft.

If any of you fancy one more before the real draft, I'm doing this one
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=487437&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

My awards:

Best Value Pick
118 Cincinnati – Jared Crick
112 San Diego – Brandon Washington
25 Denver – Dontari Poe

Best Overall Draft
Minnesota (Matt Kalil, Alshon Jeffrey, Zach Brown, Marvin McNutt, Jaye Howard, Dwight Bentley, Janzen Jackson, Lucas Nix, Garth Gerhart, Isaiah Frey)
Pittsburgh (Mike Adams, Jerel Worthy, Brandon Boykin, Cyrus Gray, Hebron Fangupo, Tim Fugger, Junior Hemmingway, Bradie Ewing, Andrew Tiller, Chris Greenwood)
Jacksonville (Michael Floyd, Andre Branch, Jayron Hosley, Keenan Robinson, Joe Adams, Kheeston Randell, David Paulson)

I also like the fact that these aren't our actual teams (well, I don't know about frank)

Funniest Pick Commentary
217 – His name is David Paulson…
68 – Orson Charles (The Browns are just hoping he'll be sober when he drives to the facility)
99 - I just got a tweet from Jim Irsay. Apparently he only decided to attend the Stanford and Baylor pro-days.[/url]

I commented after he went and said crap i forgot about him haha. He is my pick for best value, along with (sorry i picked him Embarassed ) Minnesota grabbing Zach Brown at the beginnning of the 3rd Smile

XBL: ShiiNyIV
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also go out there and say one of the worst picks if not the worst was Detroit taking Konz in the 1st, with Adams going right behind him. Brain fart there for me.

XBL: ShiiNyIV
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed this mock a lot.

As an Eagles fan I am real happy with how I drafted for them. I just posted my picks on the Eagles board. We'll see how badly I get bashed.

I stand firmly behind my Kirk Cousins pick......

I should have went another direction on the Brandon Weedon to Houston pick. He was just sticking so way out on my board I had to. Besides, they could have Kevin Kolb-ed TJ Yates on someone the following season.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank you for voting giving me 3 out of 3 of the "funniest commentary" picks....I am truly honored
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Analysis of my Eagles draft. Now that the real thing is over. I looked at my mock and this one was the most on point.

Philadelphia Eagles
15. Philadelphia- Fletcher Cox DT Miss St.- Got this pick right!
46. Philadelphia- Shea McClellin, LB, Boise State- This pick is right for two reasons. In the second the Eagles got a SAM backer with blitzing skills and they got a pass rusher that fell too far. This pick is both.
51. Philadelphia - from Arizona- Kirk Cousins QB Michigan St.- I knew the Eagles would over draft a QB. I just got the round and QB wrong.
88. Philadelphia - from Houston*- Isaiah Pead RB, Cincinnati- Ok this one was way off, but in the real draft Pead went in the 2nd, so it was good value.
116. Philadelphia- DeQuan Menzie CB, Alabama- The Eagles drafted a CB in the 4th. I like the fact that they got Boykin instead of Menzie in the real draft.
155. Philadelphia- Nate Potter OT Boise State- I was on point with a back-up T in the 5th. I would have liked my pick better. I never heard of the guy who the Eagles actually got.
174. Philadelphia (from IND)- Jerry Franklin, ILB, Arkansas- This one was way off. Franklin didn't get drafted, and the position was off.
197. Philadelphia (from DEN)- Desmond Wynn, G, Rutgers- I got the position right. The Eagles got a back-up guard in the 6th. Wynn however was undrafted.
203. Philadelphia (from NE)- Drake Dunsmore, FB/TE, Northwestern- Dunsmore was picked in the 7th, but the Eagles got their depth RB here.

Overall, I didn't get a lot of players right, but I got many of the needs and positions in rounds correct.

How did you all do with your teams?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: