Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FM30's 2013 NFL Draft Thread (Updated DE/DT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
I like most of the RB rankings. I think Ray Graham could be that guy who could rise a lot if he recovers from his injuries.

The biggest snub- Kenjon Barner
-The guys an animal. I think he could possibly be the 3rd or 4th RB off the board. MLat is for sure 1. I like Lacy slightly better than Davis but both work. After that is where I personally would slot Barner. I also like Bernard on your list. Probably a mid-round guy who could make a huge impact for a team.

I can't say I know how to effectively scout FBs preseason, but I do think you should get a look at Ryan Hewitt from Stanford and Trey Millard from Oklahoma.

I'm thinking about getting me one of these started, but first I want to get all my scouting done.

I'm definitely interested to see what you have in store at other positions.

Barner is definitely an intriguing player, but its just something about Oregon running backs. I hated on Lamichael more than most people did this year, and I don't really like Barner as much as most people do either. I think its just the system that seems kind of whacked out to me. Its not really a good thing for me to take away from him, but it just bothers me.

I will take a look at those fullbacks that you mentioned. To be honest, a lot of the scouting I have done on fullbacks is just stuff that I have read. I didn't even know where to start, but the guys I have listed (and I have a few more on my spreadsheet) are the guys I will take a closer look at this season

I didn't particularly like James either. He is small, injury prone, and not overly fast. Interesting points.

Like I said I'm going to get a thread going in like a week or so. Really love getting started early and comparing notes with others.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
I like most of the RB rankings. I think Ray Graham could be that guy who could rise a lot if he recovers from his injuries.

The biggest snub- Kenjon Barner
-The guys an animal. I think he could possibly be the 3rd or 4th RB off the board. MLat is for sure 1. I like Lacy slightly better than Davis but both work. After that is where I personally would slot Barner. I also like Bernard on your list. Probably a mid-round guy who could make a huge impact for a team.

I can't say I know how to effectively scout FBs preseason, but I do think you should get a look at Ryan Hewitt from Stanford and Trey Millard from Oklahoma.

I'm thinking about getting me one of these started, but first I want to get all my scouting done.

I'm definitely interested to see what you have in store at other positions.

Barner is definitely an intriguing player, but its just something about Oregon running backs. I hated on Lamichael more than most people did this year, and I don't really like Barner as much as most people do either. I think its just the system that seems kind of whacked out to me. Its not really a good thing for me to take away from him, but it just bothers me.

I will take a look at those fullbacks that you mentioned. To be honest, a lot of the scouting I have done on fullbacks is just stuff that I have read. I didn't even know where to start, but the guys I have listed (and I have a few more on my spreadsheet) are the guys I will take a closer look at this season

I didn't particularly like James either. He is small, injury prone, and not overly fast. Interesting points.

Like I said I'm going to get a thread going in like a week or so. Really love getting started early and comparing notes with others.

Looking forward to reading all of your stuff.

Wide receiver/Tight end rankings are up

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang. I knew the running back class was pretty dry, but I didn't realize it was that dry. I think Marcus Lattimore might be the only running back that I'd use a pick in the first two rounds, and even he's coming off ACL surgery so that will give pause.

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Not sure I like the format of this thread to last year's one, but it's your thread.

Go with whatever format you like better, I just feel like the other one was cleaner as far as presentation goes. Maybe it's because it's an unfinished product is why I'm getting that feeling.

As far as the part about the quarterbacks, Bray has the physical tools to be a quarterback but I want to see more progression before we anoint him as a top ten pick. He seems more like Joe Flacco coming out of Delaware, and I definitely didn't have a top ten grade on him. We will see with Tyler Wilson, but I'd fathom a guess that he regresses. He'll be in a new offense with his top three receivers gone in this past draft. He really should have declared IMO. As for Jones, Stills is the model of inconsistency. One play he looks he could be a potential first round pick and the next he looks like an UDFA. I'd look forward to how he and Trey Metoyer, the prized Sooners WR recruit, hook up during the year. I was simply stating that Landry Jones and Ryan Tannehill were similar quarterback talents, but I prefer Landry Jones.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Dang. I knew the running back class was pretty dry, but I didn't realize it was that dry. I think Marcus Lattimore might be the only running back that I'd use a pick in the first two rounds, and even he's coming off ACL surgery so that will give pause.

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Not sure I like the format of this thread to last year's one, but it's your thread.

Go with whatever format you like better, I just feel like the other one was cleaner as far as presentation goes. Maybe it's because it's an unfinished product is why I'm getting that feeling.

As far as the part about the quarterbacks, Bray has the physical tools to be a quarterback but I want to see more progression before we anoint him as a top ten pick. He seems more like Joe Flacco coming out of Delaware, and I definitely didn't have a top ten grade on him. We will see with Tyler Wilson, but I'd fathom a guess that he regresses. He'll be in a new offense with his top three receivers gone in this past draft. He really should have declared IMO. As for Jones, Stills is the model of inconsistency. One play he looks he could be a potential first round pick and the next he looks like an UDFA. I'd look forward to how he and Trey Metoyer, the prized Sooners WR recruit, hook up during the year. I was simply stating that Landry Jones and Ryan Tannehill were similar quarterback talents, but I prefer Landry Jones.

Personally, I think the running back class isn't all that bad. But maybe thats just me being optimistic.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Personally, I think the running back class isn't all that bad. But maybe thats just me being optimistic.

I already devalue the position because it is running backs, they're a dime a dozen. Knile Davis has talent, but he's a HUGE injury concern as he comes back from that terrible ankle injury. Could be the biggest mover either way depending on how he performs. The rest of the backs are just meh.
adam9

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. You put Rogers and Hunter back to back, with Rogers ahead. I think that might happen if Hunter doesn't get back into the game speed and stuff quickly. He's a smart guy though, if that happens he would probably stay for his senior season. Also Rogers off the field issues might hurt him.

Also another point is no Ryan Swope. It seems you have Tavon Austin ahead of Swope, which is very intriguing to me, as I think Swope might have the potential to be the next Wes Welker. I need to do a little more research on Austin to see exactly why he's so high on your list.

I think the TE's are actually similar to mine. Eifert is #1, the 2 Stanford guys are 2-3. Pretty solid on those compared to what I would rank them.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:

Also another point is no Ryan Swope. It seems you have Tavon Austin ahead of Swope, which is very intriguing to me, as I think Swope might have the potential to be the next Wes Welker. I need to do a little more research on Austin to see exactly why he's so high on your list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD-qZDdwhLQ

I know its a highlight video but the kid is dynamic, jukes people out of their shorts, breaks ankles, amazing vision & awareness. Honestly reminds me of a better version of Dante Hall.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Interesting. You put Rogers and Hunter back to back, with Rogers ahead. I think that might happen if Hunter doesn't get back into the game speed and stuff quickly. He's a smart guy though, if that happens he would probably stay for his senior season. Also Rogers off the field issues might hurt him.

I think the TE's are actually similar to mine. Eifert is #1, the 2 Stanford guys are 2-3. Pretty solid on those compared to what I would rank them.

The Tenn receivers are fairly equal in my eyes, but I needed to rank one ahead of the other. Swope nearly made the list over King, but Austin is ridiculous. He is insanely fast, but much more physical than you would think

Warpticon

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
We will see with Tyler Wilson, but I'd fathom a guess that he regresses. He'll be in a new offense

What is this new offense you speak of?

I'm a little surprised at the absence of Chris Gragg on the TE list.
JustisM

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think about Star Lotulelei? I watched him vs Washington this morning and he seems more of a 3-4 DE than a 3-4 NT. Not his body type, but more the way he plays. Same thing I thought about Poe this year. At least with the Packer's scheme.

Since people are talking about running backs already I might as well talk about Montee Ball. I feel like if he was just a notch faster and could truck a dude or two every once in a while he would be great. Has awesome vision, but I don't know how much of that comes from having an awesome blocking FB and a great OL.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustisM wrote:
What do you think about Star Lotulelei? I watched him vs Washington this morning and he seems more of a 3-4 DE than a 3-4 NT. Not his body type, but more the way he plays. Same thing I thought about Poe this year. At least with the Packer's scheme.

Since people are talking about running backs already I might as well talk about Montee Ball. I feel like if he was just a notch faster and could truck a dude or two every once in a while he would be great. Has awesome vision, but I don't know how much of that comes from having an awesome blocking FB and a great OL.

I'll start with Lotulelei. I don't want to spoil anything for my rankings, but you will see that I think highly of him. I think he is very versatile and can play anything o 4-3 UT, 4-3 NT, 3-4 DE, 3-4 NT. He is just that good

EDIT: Forgot to talk about Ball. Obviously, you don't want to just take away from a guy just because he has an elite offensive line. But in this case, you kind of have to. Its not like Trent Richardson running behind that Alabama line, because he was impossible to bring down with just one guy after the line of scrimmage. He isn't fast enough, nor is he powerful enough to be very effective unless he is behind a great line. But like you said, he has fantastic vision, so if he gets a hole, look out

JustisM

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
JustisM wrote:

I'll start with Lotulelei. I don't want to spoil anything for my rankings, but you will see that I think highly of him. I think he is very versatile and can play anything o 4-3 UT, 4-3 NT, 3-4 DE, 3-4 NT. He is just that good

EDIT: Forgot to talk about Ball. Obviously, you don't want to just take away from a guy just because he has an elite offensive line. But in this case, you kind of have to. Its not like Trent Richardson running behind that Alabama line, because he was impossible to bring down with just one guy after the line of scrimmage. He isn't fast enough, nor is he powerful enough to be very effective unless he is behind a great line. But like you said, he has fantastic vision, so if he gets a hole, look out

Agreed. I stayed up last night and watched some of the Michigan State/Wisconsin game and I was like "holy crap how does he not get talked about more" then I realized that his biggest asset is his eyes. Started watching more and more and it was pretty much just him cutting back into lanes his OL created for him downfield. Still has great vision just doesn't have that "it" factor in any category. Could be a good one cut type of guy though. Has really good small cuts and stuff like that too. Just won't ever gun past a defense, truck a dude, and he never spins. Probably like a 3rd-4th round pick depending on who declares in 2013 IMO.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
James isn't fast? he was injury prone? he had 1 dislocated elbow from landing on it wrong. Other than that he was never really hurt. He ran the 2nd fastest 40 in the combine for RBs IIRC.

Sig bet
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your RB list lacks JORDAN ROBERTS. Laughing

Also I'm a huge Tavon Austin fan. I could see him sneaking into the 1st round. Just an explosive player...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
adam9

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
adam9 wrote:
James isn't fast? he was injury prone? he had 1 dislocated elbow from landing on it wrong. Other than that he was never really hurt. He ran the 2nd fastest 40 in the combine for RBs IIRC.

He was tied for 2nd with about 3 other guys. A 4.45 isn't really that fast for his size (although RBs don't necessarily need speed). It was a time he needed to be drafted that high, but I would have liked to see him break in the mid 4.3's. So a 4.45 for him is overly fast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: