Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

***The OFFICIAL Ravens Players Nickname's Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
I think Haruki's nickname or I've heard him called it at least is Nak (Knock).

Edit: You forgot "The Ball Hawk" Ed Reed.

I never really considered "The Ball Hawk" his nickname. It just describes the way he plays. My opinion though, if others feel different I'm willing to add it.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Bbmore4life815 wrote:

Bernard Pollard's nickname has been "The Bonecrusher" for awhile.

Updating now.

I liked Younes's name for the tandem that he gave for Reed/Pollard on the radio the other night, "Smash and Grab"

Our first dual nickname, and it's AWESOME. Updated indeed.

If only Reed actually "grabbed" anymore this would fit. Maybe that guy should've given this nickname to Pollard and Webb...

I think the nickname is referring to how Ed Reed tackles nowadays instead of how he plays the pass. Crying or Very sad

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a good one for Zbikowski, guys: Hollow Man

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread largely started in part due to nicknaming last years' rookie crop... and then extending onto something more.

Well we've got a new batch of rookies and some of our players have been thrown to the wind...

Some new nicknames for our draft picks that I've seen:

Tommy Streeter = "Touchdown Tommy Streeter" and "Stretch 'Em' Out Streeter"... of the two, I prefer the former to the latter.

Asa Jackson = "Ace" and "The Most Interesting Man (T-Mim?)"

Kelechi Osemele = "K.O."
----------------------------------

Those are all more "official". Now just because everyone laughed (probably quite hysterically) at my nickname for Jimmy Smith's coverage nickname as "The Labyrinth"... I'll try and redeem myself with my nickname of our first pick in the 2012 draft.

From henceforth I will be nicknaming Courtney Upshaw, The Doberman.

Eric DeCosta described his play as a junkyard dog... and it made me think back to the 2008 Olympics and the "redeem team". Kobe Bryant took on the role as being Team USA's "defensive stopper" and because of it, he was nicknamed "The Doberman"... the player that team USA would sick on the other team's best player. And when I watch Courtney Upshaw he just looks like a guy that we're going to put at SAM and sick him on opposing offenses in all capacities. He's going to stuff the run, attack the runner in the backfield, and he's going to sack the QB through hustle and effort. He's going to be mean and vicious, he's going to be a junkyard dog out on the field. He's going to be nothing short of a human doberman that we sick on opposing teams (... eventually one of these nicknames will stick... outside of Pernell "Easy Pass" McPhee Very Happy).

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Considine - "The Human Cape"

God I hope he gets cut. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:

This just made my day.

Tommy Streeter - Streakin' Streeter (?)

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Integrity wrote:

This just made my day.

Tommy Streeter - Streakin' Streeter (?)

Not bad.

I'm a big fan of The Most Interesting Man for Asa Jackson.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I've come up with a nickname for Bernard Pierce. From henceforth I shall refer to him as Bernard "Freeway" Pierce... Plays off the Temple- Philly connection to the rapper. He has the beard to pull off the name.. And when Pierce cuts back and shakes the 2nd level... There are no tolls, it's all freeway- he's gone.

Edit: Auto correct does some weird things... Bikers out of beard? Not talking

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Wed May 02, 2012 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
And I've come up with a nickname for Bernard Pierce. From henceforth I shall refer to him as Bernard "Freeway" Pierce... Plays off the Temple- Philly connection to the rapper. He has the bikers to pull off the name.. And when Pierce cuts back and shakes the 2nd level... There are no tolls, it's all freeway- he's gone.

Until he gets caught from behind by a linebacker, of course.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Sessy

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
And I've come up with a nickname for Bernard Pierce. From henceforth I shall refer to him as Bernard "Freeway" Pierce... Plays off the Temple- Philly connection to the rapper. He has the bikers to pull off the name.. And when Pierce cuts back and shakes the 2nd level... There are no tolls, it's all freeway- he's gone.

4.49 40 yard dash at the combine. 4.34 to 4.37 at his pro-day.

Sorry we cant all be Chris Johnson Rolling Eyes
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sessy wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Game speed > shorts speed.

He's not fast.

BlaqOptic wrote:
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Sessy wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

He's not fast.

He's not fast? Should I produce a quote from his draft profile for the NFL combine site where they talk about his speed being one of his quality traits? Sure he doesn't have breakaway speed but he's similarly fast to what we have in Ray Rice... And I don't think anyone is going to call Ray Rice "slow". Pierce has speed, he simply lacks game breaking speed. But if he has "freeway" he has more than enough speed to house it... I've watched more than enough tape on Pierce to know that speed is not the thing that he lacks. Have you actually seen tape on him to think that he's not fast? Or are you simple stating what you've heard?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Sessy wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

He's not fast.

He's not fast? Should I produce a quote from his draft profile for the NFL combine site where they talk about his speed being one of his quality traits? Sure he doesn't have breakaway speed but he's similarly fast to what we have in Ray Rice... And I don't think anyone is going to call Ray Rice "slow". Pierce has speed, he simply lacks game breaking speed. But if he has "freeway" he has more than enough speed to house it... I've watched more than enough tape on Pierce to know that speed is not the thing that he lacks. Have you actually seen tape on him to think that he's not fast? Or are you simple stating what you've heard?

Yes, I've watched a lot of his highlights actually and he just doesn't look very fast to me.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Sessy wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

He's not fast.

Yes, I've watched a lot of his highlights actually and he just doesn't look very fast to me.

The thing with Pierce is that he seems to have an excellent burst and 2nd gear. He seems to wait for holes to open up and if he sees a hole he bursts through and puts it into that 2nd gear. His speed, while he may not be "fast", he isn't going to get caught from behind unless by a 4.3 type CB.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a UMD alum, I'll just say that BP looked plenty fast when Temple went up against the Terps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: