Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FLAJ & S&B88's Electronic Music Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: FLAJ & S&B88's Electronic Music Thread Reply with quote

Quote:
This thread shall be the dopest of the dope Cool

FLAJ and I are big Electronic Music fans so we figured we'd dedcicate a thread to it. What's Electronic Music?

FlyLikeAJet wrote:
Dance music to most people just sounds like "ints ints ints ints" but to true aficionado's it can be some of the most soul grabbing intense music made. From the tranquil melodies of trance to the dark heavy kickdrums of techno to the obscure oscillations of a dustup baseline to the soulful sounds of house dance music can reach us at all times regardless of mindset or emotion.

In this thread S&B88 and myself will share the songs that speak to us personally, the best in dance music of all styles. Coming from 2 DJ's we both know that dance music is a genre of evolution and progression with styles constantly changing and near limitless innovation and we hope to express this concept of evolution and diversity posting modern day tracks and styles along with timeless classics.

We'll post a little about ourselves and our relationship with the music soon but this thread is supposed be about the appreciation. We'll post songs and archive them. But feel free to post your own thoughts or a song or 2. Heck, even if you're going to a show/festival feel free to share about it here. Or even an old experience. Just a thread for Electronic Music fans.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?

Last edited by Silver&Black88 on Sun May 27, 2012 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
FlyLikeAJet

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little bio about myself Cool

Quote:
FLAJ is a New York City DJ and connoisseur of the finest in dance music. His background goes back to 2006 listening to Electro Punk bands such as Death From Above 1979, Digitalism, and Justice along with electronic bands such as Kasabian and Radiohead. He fell in love with the sound of a syncopated drum pattern and deep synthesizers and his passion and interest grew stronger.

In 2009 he went to his first club night, seeing trance legend Paul Oakenfold spin at New York City's Pacha nightclub and from then on he realized electronic music was the style for him. He began purchasing and exploring all types of electronic sounds; from the French House stylings of Daft Punk to the progressive sounds of Deadmau5 and the classic vintage sound of pre 2000 trance music.

Roughly 6 months later FLAJ decided to learn the art and craft of DJ'ing. Months and years of practicing passed until he was granted a dream of his; to spin at a NYC nightclub alongside of the most talented underground DJ's on the East Coast.

As time passed FLAJ's tastes in dance music also changed and matured. He now considers himself a Deep House and Progressive House DJ by title but loves to delve into other genre's such as Minimal Techno and Trance.

Favorite DJ's: John Digweed, Sasha, Chris Liebing, Markus Schulz
Favorite Genres: Deep House, Progressive House, Minimal Techno, Trance
DJ Name: Riotto
Future Plans: To keep learning more and more about dance music and to get even better at spinning these great tracks

Gmen4ev wrote:

No man should be able to consume the amount of alcohol you do ... therefor you must be an alien
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
To be honest, I haven't been into the Electronic Music Scene for that long. I mean, everyone likes Daft Punk and there was a song here and there throughout high school like Sandstorm, Pjanoo or Zdarlight, but that was about it. I had a friend actually who did production and got some of his trance stuff bumped in clubs in Malta (where he had close relatives) so he tried to get me into it but failed.

Then I heard Skrillex. I remember the day. I heard Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites and Kill Everybody. I liked the tracks but wasn't in love with them. I'd been a huge punk and metal fan until college so obviously I love high energy music. Then that friend showed me Reptile that summer and I lost it. Got so geeked and began to love Skrillex. I'd also heard a few Rusko songs at a friend's place I enjoyed but that was it til then.

After I got into Skrillex I looked all over the place to find more. Along the way I found Flux Pavilion, Nero and Zomboy and I was hooked on Dubstep. I also found I enjoyed Skrillex's earlier Electro House type of music so I got into deadmau5. This and Porter Robinson led me to another fave: Knife Party. I love their heavy and energetic Dubstep/Electro House feel.

While this was happening, I got into some pop too which supplemented the Electronic. Steve Aoki and LMFAO especially.

Recently I've gotten into more Progressive House, UK Dubstep and some Trance and even a little Drum & Bass. Currently obsessed with Avicii. Dubstep and Brostep (More American Dubstep like Skrillex and even Knife Party) will always have my electronic heart though.

Favorite DJ's: Skrillex, Knife Party, Rusko, Avicii, Flux Pavilion, Steve Aoki, Bassnectar
Favorite Genres: Brostep, Dubstep, Progressive House
DJ Name: DJ Deo
Future Plans: Get mixing equipment and get to do it for real. Learn to make my own electronic music. And possibly combine my drumming with real electronic music. Like a collab but original. Sorta like Travis Barker and DJ AM (rip) did

ravens_rool28 wrote:
FlyLikeAJet

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Track Archive:

Brostep:
Flux Pavilion - Daydreamer feat. Example (Dillon Francis Remix)
Knife Party - Fire Hive
Knife Party - Zoology feat. Skrillex
Skrillex - Reptile
Zomboy - Organ Donor

Drum and Bass:
Nero - Can't Take It

Dubstep:
Bassnectar - The Matrix
Rusko - Hold On feat. Amber Coffman (Sub Focus Remix)

Electro House:
Avus - Poppy
Porter Robinson - Unison (Knife Party Remix)
Steve Aoki - Dangerous (Feat. Zuper Blahq)

Grime:
Flux Pavilion - Haunt You

Progressive House:
Avicii - 2 Million
Bermuda Triangle - Mooger Fooger
Deadmau5 - Some Chords
Grand National - Talk Amongst Yourselves ( Sasha Remix )
James Holden - I Have Put Out The Light
John Digweed - Gridlock (John Digweed and Nick Muir's 25 Minute Extended Mix)

Techno:
Argy & Sydenham - In The Mist
Chris Liebing - Auf Und Ab

Tech House
Moonbeam - Disappearance (E-Spectro Remix)
Soukie and Windish - Great Gatsby

Trance:
Beat Service - Nectar ( Juicy Mix )
Classified Project - Resurrection
Cygnus X - The Orange Theme
Virtual Symmetry - The V.S.

Gmen4ev wrote:

No man should be able to consume the amount of alcohol you do ... therefor you must be an alien

Last edited by FlyLikeAJet on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:22 am; edited 23 times in total
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artist: Rusko
Song Title: Hold On
Genre: Dubstep
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY9UcNtQaLE
Release Year: 2010
Comments: One of my favorite Electronic songs. This one will always be special to me since it's one of the first I really enjoyed. I'm a big Rusko fan and the Sub Focus Remix makes this song that much better. It's got a good beat, a good drop and a good melody. Enjoy.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
FlyLikeAJet

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAJ's first track of the thread, inspired by a recent event I attended ( review coming soon )

Artist: Chris Liebing
Song Title: Auf Und Ab ( Original Mix )
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyVKWBfkU9w
Label: CLR
Tempo: 123 BPM
Genre: Minimal Techno
Release Year: 2009
Comments: There arent many who can destroy a dancefloor better than Chris Liebing, thats for sure. Literally translated to "Back and Forth" the title tells you exactly what your in for; pounding CLR style kickdrums combined with a melody that never seems to end. Frankly I never want to hear it end

Gmen4ev wrote:

Last edited by FlyLikeAJet on Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>>
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
FlyLikeAJet

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheesehead430 wrote:
>>>

Justice >>> Cool

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Following

Thanks RCB Cool

Gmen4ev wrote:

FlyLikeAJet

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artist: James Holden
Song Title: I Have Put Out The Light
Genre: Progressive House
Label: Silver Planet
Tempo: 126 BPM
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvrivotjZ_4
Release Year: 2002
Comments: A classic from dance music's resident Emo kid James Holden, a truly beautiful relaxing track to let your mind drift to far away places. as featured on John Digweed's MMII compilation

Gmen4ev wrote:

Last edited by FlyLikeAJet on Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter Robinson - Unison (Knife Party Remix)

Artist: Porter Robinson
Song Title: Unison (Knife Party Remix)
Release: Spitfire EP
Genre: Electro House (with some Dubstep tendencies)
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx6deVzKeKQ
Release Year: 2011
Comments: The song that got me into Knife Party. This tune hits hard and has a great buildup. The original had a beautiful synth line that worked well in a clubby, trancey, progressive house way. But Knife Party took that part and made it into this awesome remix.

[edited for youtube derpness twice]

ravens_rool28 wrote:

Last edited by Silver&Black88 on Mon May 28, 2012 7:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
JustisM

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyLikeAJet wrote:
Cheesehead430 wrote:
>>>

Justice >>> Cool

Agreed. I think I'm getting into EDM. Listened to pretty much this entire weekend
FlyLikeAJet

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustisM wrote:
FlyLikeAJet wrote:
Cheesehead430 wrote:
>>>

Justice >>> Cool

Agreed. I think I'm getting into EDM. Listened to pretty much this entire weekend

Its an addicting type of music Cool , what dj's have you listened to man?

Gmen4ev wrote:

Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustisM wrote:
FlyLikeAJet wrote:
Cheesehead430 wrote:
>>>

Justice >>> Cool

Beautiful. Peep this thread now and then for a lot of good stuff homeboy.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

Artist: Rusko
Song Title: Hold On
Genre: Dubstep
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY9UcNtQaLE
Release Year: 2010
Comments: One of my favorite Electronic songs. This one will always be special to me since it's one of the first I really enjoyed. I'm a big Rusko fan and the Sub Focus Remix makes this song that much better. It's got a good beat, a good drop and a good melody. Enjoy.
I have given the song my fairest try possible and listened to another two versions. Gave his other songs a fair try. He's not that risky in the parts of songs that I heard and that's favorable with me. Expirimental electronic music like Crystal Castles and the similar isn't my taste. The Sub Focus Remix is more like a kind of pop song and there's a part where it's just her voice. The 3 versions of the Rusko song you mentioned were alright from what I heard, however it was Feels So Real that grabbed me as being his best song. It's kind of like a Jamiroquai melody that's without guitars. Jamiroquai had a song named Feels Good and a lyric in that song is Feels So Real. There isn't a large connection and I just thought any coincidence was somewhat interesting when making the comparison of the music as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: