Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Falcons sign veteran safety Chris Hope

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Falcons sign veteran safety Chris Hope Reply with quote

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/2012/06/falcons-agree-to-terms-with-veteran-safety-hope/

Last edited by GrimeyKid on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice signing.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I like it. Wonder what this means for Schillingers chances... Someone has to make room for Hope. I thought Mitchell would be the one to replace Sanders, seems thats not the case anymore.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
BladeKor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this pretty much explains why Pearcy was waived.
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
Hmm I like it. Wonder what this means for Schillingers chances... Someone has to make room for Hope. I thought Mitchell would be the one to replace Sanders, seems thats not the case anymore.
Mitchell iirc has been playing FS, which would leave Hope to back up Moore. I could see us carrying 4 safeties.
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
matt2roddy wrote:
Mitchell iirc has been playing FS, which would leave Hope to back up Moore. I could see us carrying 4 safeties.

So can I, DeCoud, Moore, Mitchell, and Hope. But what about Shann? He's probably done isn't he?

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
BladeKor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
matt2roddy wrote:

So can I, DeCoud, Moore, Mitchell, and Hope. But what about Shann? He's probably done isn't he?

He's most likely to be cut, or we wind up cutting Mitchell. Either one one of them will be cut and probably be placed on PS.
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:
matt2roddy wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
matt2roddy wrote:

He's most likely to be cut, or we wind up cutting Mitchell. Either one one of them will be cut and probably be placed on PS.
I doubt they cut Mitchell. He can play either spots and has had some great reviews in limited practice. I agree with the ps spot. I would rather the spot go elsewhere, but its where I assume he will go.
DrawABlank

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
BladeKor wrote:
matt2roddy wrote:

I doubt they cut Mitchell. He can play either spots and has had some great reviews in limited practice. I agree with the ps spot. I would rather the spot go elsewhere, but its where I assume he will go.

Shann isn't PS eligible - he's been active in too many games (16 in 2011, 15 in 2010).

Either Mitchell will regress when the hitting begins and Shann will be kept around, or we'll try to shop him for a future 7th or a backup TE midway through camp. He's a good enough ST player that someone may be willing to go for that.

Packers might be interesting actually - their 4th TE (likely to keep 3) is DJ Williams (who was pretty good in college - 5th rounder last year), and they are thin at safety with Collins' injury/retirement (Burnett/Peprah/the draftee McMillan and then guys off the street). As a speculation, a trade after 3-4 weeks of camp makes some sense.

---

PS - Hope is a good signing. From the timing of the move, it looks like Atogwe was the first choice, but Hope is still a nice piece of vet depth at a position where we sorely needed it.
coors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the signing. Chris Hope is a solid veteran who has played on some winning teams over the years in the Steelers and Titans. I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank, but he should be someone to push the young guys as well as teach them some things as well.

I have Hope.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My condolences on this signing. He was great up till 2010 and then started to decline quickly. He is a great team mate and leader but I don't think he can really help on the field. Last season he was routinely out of position to make plays and got replaced by Jordan Babineux mid way through the season. Good luck to him and you guys next season!

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
coors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
My condolences on this signing. He was great up till 2010 and then started to decline quickly. He is a great team mate and leader but I don't think he can really help on the field. Last season he was routinely out of position to make plays and got replaced by Jordan Babineux mid way through the season. Good luck to him and you guys next season!

"He is a great team mate and leader"

My opinion is that we are bringing him in for exactly those reasons right there. We don't expect him to start, but I see him coming in to push our young guys, help them out being a great teammate and leader for our secondary. Unless we get an injury, I don't see Hope getting anything more than spot duty here and there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:

"He is a great team mate and leader"

My opinion is that we are bringing him in for exactly those reasons right there. We don't expect him to start, but I see him coming in to push our young guys, help them out being a great teammate and leader for our secondary. Unless we get an injury, I don't see Hope getting anything more than spot duty here and there.

Perfect match for both parties then. Off topic but I'd like to know why my iPad corrects teammate to be 2 separate words. If I want it typed properly I have to go slow and cancel the autocorrect.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With my leadership and my veteran experience, I can just come in and help them out with whatever I can. I feel like I can still play at a high-level. But again, Iíll just do whatever they ask me to do.
Sounds like a perfect fit seeing as all of our safeties are young. I really like this guy a lot.
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:

I think its more for experience. I like Schillinger and Mitchell but niether has played more than 4 seasons...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: