Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aqib Talibís agent says criminal case has been dismissed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbtb135 wrote:
Just like Tanard, everyone wants to believe he's a changed guy. But he's got a lot of trust to gain back. It's never been the PR stuff with him....

I never believed that Tanard would change, really. All the talent in the world doesn't mean crap when you are as selfish as he is. How the hell can you make the same mistake over and over again? Do you care about your teammates? Your career? Yourself? Just thinking about what could have been with Tanard pisses me off. What a waste.

Talib has been an immature fool no doubt, BUT, I haven't completely counted him out. He's got a chance to turn his life around and Schiano can only help.

You've got to start somewhere and this is a solid start.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
dbtb135 wrote:
Just like Tanard, everyone wants to believe he's a changed guy. But he's got a lot of trust to gain back. It's never been the PR stuff with him....

I never believed that Tanard would change, really. All the talent in the world doesn't mean crap when you are as selfish as he is. How the hell can you make the same mistake over and over again? Do you care about your teammates? Your career? Yourself? Just thinking about what could have been with Tanard pisses me off. What a waste.

Talib has been an immature fool no doubt, BUT, I haven't completely counted him out. He's got a chance to turn his life around and Schiano can only help.

Sorta makes me wonder what Schiano could've done with Jackson. I always viewed Talib as "worse." Although I suppose Jackson's departure shows how Schiano felt about him.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 13 Games | 141 Tackles (17 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
dbtb135

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
dbtb135 wrote:

bro thats a Bucs.com article.... Embarassed

Your point being...?
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
dbtb135 wrote:

Sorta makes me wonder what Schiano could've done with Jackson. I always viewed Talib as "worse." Although I suppose Jackson's departure shows how Schiano felt about him.

Yeah, I'd be lying if I said that I haven't thought about that too.

dbtb135

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

I'm not saying that I've given up on him. Very few are really lost causes. But the guy is a bonehead, so I think that given enough time, he'll make another boneheaded decision. It's like the Michael Clayton re-dedicating himself stuff. Every year someone buys into him. After a while, wouldn't you just let it happen and see where it goes? Let him go a few years without making a - of himself, then we can all buy in on the guy. Everyone is always so eager to jump the gun on these guys, but if they've changed we'll know soon enough...
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbtb135 wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
dbtb135 wrote:

bro thats a Bucs.com article.... Embarassed

Your point being...?

you said PR...PR=Pewter Report

this article isnt talking about him working hard to get better. Talib is a stud on the field. It's the off the field stuff that has always troubled him. Schiano booting Jackson and not Talib says big things!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
you said PR...PR=Pewter Report

this article isnt talking about him working hard to get better. Talib is a stud on the field. It's the off the field stuff that has always troubled him. Schiano booting Jackson and not Talib says big things!!!

Hahahaha!! I got you now. I forgot about Pewter Report. What a sad spiral that place is. No, I meant PR=Public Relations.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbtb135 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

I'm not saying that I've given up on him. Very few are really lost causes. But the guy is a bonehead, so I think that given enough time, he'll make another boneheaded decision. It's like the Michael Clayton re-dedicating himself stuff. Every year someone buys into him. After a while, wouldn't you just let it happen and see where it goes? Let him go a few years without making a - of himself, then we can all buy in on the guy. Everyone is always so eager to jump the gun on these guys, but if they've changed we'll know soon enough...

I hear you. All valid points.

Don't you want to drink the kool-aid, though? It's getting hot out and kool-aid is delicious!

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason being that t-jack isn't here and talib is is bc schiano got up and said talib hasn't missed any workout and has done everything required and more.

Jackson skipped out on everything including rehab at one buc place. To schiano talib was trying and doing everything to redeem his past miscues while tanard was still going by Raheem the dream's rules.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say this, lets act like we haven't seen a player in the NFL not turn their behavior around under a different coaching staff. Vick and Pacman Jones are notorious for being boneheads but they have been out of the news wire with their new coaches. So it happens, guys get their 3rd chances and finally put it together. And seeing those name above I just listed are able to turn it around, I don't see why Talib can't be given the benefit of the doubt.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://media.790thezone.com/Podcasts/2446/Aquib%20Talib%206-28-12.mp3

Very interesting to hear Talib talk about the differences between last year and this year.

Aqib Talib wrote:
It got a little loose last year where people got a little too loose around the building. So Schiano definitely came in and brought that order back to the building.

deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
http://media.790thezone.com/Podcasts/2446/Aquib%20Talib%206-28-12.mp3

Very interesting to hear Talib talk about the differences between last year and this year.

Aqib Talib wrote:
It got a little loose last year where people got a little too loose around the building. So Schiano definitely came in and brought that order back to the building.

Rah and Talib were boys were they not?

Seems obvious but glad he can come out and say things weren't running like they were supposed to around OBP last year.

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
I'll say this, lets act like we haven't seen a player in the NFL not turn their behavior around under a different coaching staff. Vick and Pacman Jones are notorious for being boneheads but they have been out of the news wire with their new coaches. So it happens, guys get their 3rd chances and finally put it together. And seeing those name above I just listed are able to turn it around, I don't see why Talib can't be given the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think anyone is saying he can't turn it around. The discussion is whether or not he'll be suspended.
dbtb135

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem... Paging Mr. Realdeal. Razz
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbtb135 wrote:
Ahem... Paging Mr. Realdeal. Razz

Bumping old threads... Wowzers.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 13 Games | 141 Tackles (17 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: