Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DTMBs Super Early 2013 1st Round Mock[UPDATED 7/15]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After passing on David DeCastro, the Titans are not going to take a first round lineman anytime soon. Not until Roos leaves / retires and we need a LT.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
If the Jags have the #2 pick then I would think that means they would pick a QB.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Completely ignore draft order people, last year at this time no one would have said Colts with the first pick, even with Manning out. We don't know how it is going to go at this point, which the creator of the thread points out in his first post, so don't comment on it.

-----

As for the Vikings pick, ILB is definitely a smart pick, it depends on how Brinkley, Cole, and Emilmen work out this year, but I tend to think that along with WR and DT are going to be some of the top needs.

Especially with Brinkley's recent issues. I'm a big fan of Te-o. And I think he can be the next EJ we need.

"the more I like you, the more I want to smash your face into the ground." -- Jared Allen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chargers there would take Johnthan Banks, easily better than Poyer at that point...

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Chargers there would take Johnthan Banks, easily better than Poyer at that point...

How so?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

How so?

If the Chargers are picking a CB in the first round, they're looking for a #1 corner, and Poyer simply isn't physical enough and doesn't tackle near well enough to be a true #1. Banks is already more physical, better at Jamming receivers, and more versatile. Poyer cant Jam a receiver to save his life, he looks to me as strictly a #2 off zone CB.

Banks is just the better player from everything that i've watched on both these guys.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

How so?

If the Chargers are picking a CB in the first round, they're looking for a #1 corner, and Poyer simply isn't physical enough and doesn't tackle near well enough to be a true #1. Banks is already more physical, better at Jamming receivers, and more versatile. Poyer cant Jam a receiver to save his life, he looks to me as strictly a #2 off zone CB.

Banks is just the better player from everything that i've watched on both these guys.

He's not the best form tackler in the world. But he is a willing tackler and will knock the hell out of WRs if he gets a chance. Jamming WRs, I didn't see him do that much. Off zone corner is crazy though. Poyer has great man coverage skills and the best break on the ball of any of the corners I've looked at.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the San Diego corners even jam at the line with their current scheme?

Anyways, love how high you are on the Seahawks Very Happy Pick makes sense I suppose. After cutting Gallery we technically have a hole at LG, but it's very likely that 2011 1st rounder James Carpenter will be moved there, negating the need.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Do the San Diego corners even jam at the line with their current scheme?

Anyways, love how high you are on the Seahawks Very Happy Pick makes sense I suppose. After cutting Gallery we technically have a hole at LG, but it's very likely that 2011 1st rounder James Carpenter will be moved there, negating the need.

We shall see. But i expect that we will, because 3 or the 4 CB's we have right now are more physical man CB's and we have 1 zone CB. Manusky was trash and played our CB's 10 yards off the ball every play, and i have no idea what whill come of Pagano's scheme this year...

MrDrew wrote:
ninjaneer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
LIEY8 wrote:
Cowboys pick 8th AND choose a QB? What happens to Tony Romo this season? He's coming off his best season ever, and the best statistical season ever for a Cowboys QB. Get real.

Jerry Jones keeps talking about windows closing. It wouldn't be beyond him to do something drastic if they miss the playoffs again. And even if they do want to move forward with Romo, he'll be 33 going into 2013.

The Cowboys wont be picking 8th unless injuries occur to critical positions. If that's the case, it could happen to any team. With that said, they also wont be trading up into the top 10 for a QB. Its not crazy to think they would take one in this draft, however a late first or early second is more likely. Romo is still a VERY good QB with a team that is just starting to come together around him.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjaneer wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
LIEY8 wrote:
Cowboys pick 8th AND choose a QB? What happens to Tony Romo this season? He's coming off his best season ever, and the best statistical season ever for a Cowboys QB. Get real.

Jerry Jones keeps talking about windows closing. It wouldn't be beyond him to do something drastic if they miss the playoffs again. And even if they do want to move forward with Romo, he'll be 33 going into 2013.

The Cowboys wont be picking 8th unless injuries occur to critical positions. If that's the case, it could happen to any team. With that said, they also wont be trading up into the top 10 for a QB. Its not crazy to think they would take one in this draft, however a late first or early second is more likely. Romo is still a VERY good QB with a team that is just starting to come together around him.

If Matt Barkely FELL to #8, I have no doubt that Jerry Jones would draft him... If he fell to #8 Jerry would try to trade up again in the Top 10 to get him. Have him sit behind Romo for a couple years I would love that scenario

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMTB can you give me some more information on Scott Crichton from Oregon State? I saw you had him as a mid-first round prospect and Im curious what your thoughts are on him.

Also great Chiefs pick, Smith is one of my favorite prospects in this draft. Hell be a good fit, I just hope the Chiefs would select him.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
DMTB can you give me some more information on Scott Crichton from Oregon State? I saw you had him as a mid-first round prospect and Im curious what your thoughts are on him.

Was only able to see him a couple/few times. But what I saw was nice athleticism. A great motor. Really strong with a good bull rush. Uses his hands well. Holds up great against the run. One of the most productive D Linemen in the Pac 12 as only a freshman. Strictly as a pass rusher probably not as good as a Sam Montgomery or Brandon Jenkins, at least not yet, but I love his overall skill set.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
PatriotBeast

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you think patriots will be drafting so early?

We picked up good 1st round talent in Chandler JOnes and Donta Hightower

Tavon Wilson surprised me but Bill must have seen something in him to draft him so high

the rest of the draft besides Jake Bequette(good motor, rotational role 1st year) and Alfonzo Denard( Hidden Gem right here, IF he turns himself around)
was so-so

and even then.... (considering there problems with safety(depending on Tavon Wilson)and DT(Wilfork isn't getting any younger and Love needs to step up to fill the spot opposite of Wilfork) Why RB?
Confused
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotBeast wrote:
Why do you think patriots will be drafting so early?

I did a run through. They lost a tie breaker with Tennessee and Pittsburgh at 10-6.

Their defense was already terrible when they had two good edge rushers in anderson and Carter. Now they have a rookie and their best pass rushers after that are probably Fanene and Ninkovich. So I don't see any improvement happening on that side of the ball.

PatriotBeast wrote:
Why RB?
Confused

Because prior to tearing his ACL Lattimore might have been the best college RB since Darren McFadden. They don't have a feature back. I've heard Belichick express a desire to get a running game going several times. His versatility makes him a great fit for that team.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: