Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mr. X's 2013 1st round mock w/ projected records
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
*28. Detroit Lions (12-4) Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida State Jim Schwartz is doing an absolutely phenomenal job in Detroit and this team is going to do some great things but they still need to get better on the defensive side of the ball and Brandon Jenkins has a lot of ability and can add a lot to their linebacker corp.

In the lion's 4-3 sceme Jenkins would be a DE (probably a replacement to Cliff Avril...lots of similarities in their games). Therefore saying he "can add a lot to their linebacker corp" is misleading. I'm not against replacing Avril, especially if he ends up playing under the franchise tag (unlikely, btw). Jenkins would be a natural fit in the wide 9 DE position. But you need to fix that in your explanation.

Nonetheless, if there is a 4-3 OLB worth a 1st round pick, I would never say that #28 is too soon to take him. However, it appears to me that there are a lot of good players still available at more impactful positions. True 4-3 OLB values don't seem to be very high in the present nfl marketplace.

However, just to be cantankerous and argumentative (as should be the case at this point in draft speculation Wink), I'm going to say that their need to find a safety to pair with (a somewhat fragile) Louis Delmas may trump Mayhew's normal bpa tentencies. Couple that with the perceived value of playmaking Safeties rising AND the potential of this crop of seniors who could be available; and at #28 they may be very pleased to shore up the one position they really failed to find any answer for this past off-season.

CB is also a position of angst for lion fans but at least they drafted some youngsters with exceptional speed who could become viable nfl CBs. The safety situation, on the other hand, is deplorable.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets don't have a need at ILB with David Harris and Demario Davis. Mingo would be a much better pick.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr. X's 2013 1st round mock w/ projected records Reply with quote

Mr. X wrote:

*29. Pittsburgh Steelers (13-3) Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State The Steelers really helped their team get better with their 2012 draft but they still need to get younger on defense and need to upgrade their secondary. In the offseason they parted ways with Bryant McFadden, who like him or hate him was not a bad cornerback at all. Jonathan Banks is a Steeler-type player that can instantly become a starter.

As someone mentioned, we have some young corners that have showed promise and will get a chance to prove themselves with Gay gone. If even one steps up to be a decent number 2, I doubt they go with Banks, especially since I dont think he will be the BPA.

Also, you are 100% incorrect about BMac. He was awful the last 2 seasons, and was buried on our depth chart by the end if 2011. He is nothing more than a decent number 4 or maybe an average at best nickle.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would prefer a Safety to an OLB, but OLB could be a point of weakness.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
P-Willy52

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its David Amerson, not David Anderson as the CB from NC State.

Also poor choice for the Niners, our Dline is pretty set, even with Smith aging.

1-0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: