Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Just a few suggestions and ideas I have

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Feedback Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexM23

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Just a few suggestions and ideas I have Reply with quote

Hi all

These are just a few suggestions and ideas:

Arrow Have the [inappropriate/removed] filter used on the acronym IMO and similar acronyms such as IMHO or JMO.

If that's too extreme then just allow mods to give posters a clip around the ear when these are used. Admittedly in the past I leaned on these acronyms more than I should have, however in the quest for quality not quantity this would be a help significantly as people would have to add something more than just the 'one-liners' or simply not post at all, and to avoid the dreaded idea of post-padding (Which most of us would be guilty at some point). Sorry if it's too much but it's becoming a bit of a pet hate of mine in NFL News, Comparisons and to a lesser extent Gen.

For example:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14364802#14364802
AlexM23 wrote:
Good move IMO

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14363706#14363706
AlexM23 wrote:
Good move. Honestly IMO that OL has got some upside.

Same with comparisons:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14363755#14363755
AlexM23 wrote:
Close but Wallace just, IMO

Happens a lot. There's a poll there for a reason!

Which brings me on nicely to my next suggestion...

Arrow (If possible) Make polls so they aren't anonymous

I believe this would deter people from voting for players purely because they're on a particular team, hated or loved.

Arrow Update the FF Homepage more frequently!

I think the homepage has potential to be awesome. There's plenty of posters on here, who I am sure would have ideas to make the home page a place worth checking daily. For example blog posts created by posters, thieves and heroes like in NFL gen or a FF Poster mock draft of the week/month.

Now this last one, I'm more throwing out in curiosity more than anything else

Arrow A football section with a more relaxed style of moderation

Hear me out. At times there's a lot of hostility between fan-bases and I think a place to let that be expressed without as many restrictions would allow places like gameday threads and NFL gen especially during the season to have less of that sort of stuff for mods to deal with. Although it could blur the line between what's acceptable and not acceptable on FF, a similar type of idea is used on another sports forum I browse and it doesn't provide any unnecessary issues.

Thoughts guys?

Kiltman on the sig
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak for Webby but I'm sure he'll add to this topic when he sees it.

I know that the Homepage usually gets updated around the same time that he updates the index page (like Madden 2012/2013 updates) around August or shortly thereafter.

As far as the rest of the post. It seems that you want the forum to be more strict but at the same time less strict????
Couldn't think of anything funny, thought provoking, inspiring or a cool idea for a photo with text. Didn't want to tell you who my favorite teams are in sports because I doubt you care. And there aren't enough Colts fans for Adopt-a-Colt
AlexM23

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
I can't speak for Webby but I'm sure he'll add to this topic when he sees it.

I know that the Homepage usually gets updated around the same time that he updates the index page (like Madden 2012/2013 updates) around August or shortly thereafter.

As far as the rest of the post. It seems that you want the forum to be more strict but at the same time less strict????

Not really. I think the forum as a whole would benefit from more discussion and less of those posts that add nothing. However, I also think a new football section with deliberately less strict rules would be a good idea.

Kiltman on the sig
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
I also think a new football section with deliberately less strict rules would be a good idea.

why?

so we can create and encourage part of the site to have a greater emphasis on trash talking? that's not who we are, nor why members are drawn to FF and decide to stay and contribute.

it would be saying something like, "here are the rules and boundaries for our site, and here is where they don't apply as much."

FF's motto is less trash, more talk. that has to apply sitewide or it's meaningless.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
However, I also think a new football section with deliberately less strict rules would be a good idea.

I can't stand trolls as it is. I would never go into that forum. I'd probably get banned.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:
However, I also think a new football section with deliberately less strict rules would be a good idea.

I can't stand trolls as it is. I would never go into that forum. I'd probably get banned.

By who?
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:

By who?

Are you asking who would ban me?
AlexM23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:
I also think a new football section with deliberately less strict rules would be a good idea.

why?

so we can create and encourage part of the site to have a greater emphasis on trash talking? that's not who we are, nor why members are drawn to FF and decide to stay and contribute.

it would be saying something like, "here are the rules and boundaries for our site, and here is where they don't apply as much."

FF's motto is less trash, more talk. that has to apply sitewide or it's meaningless.

It does go against the FF motto but that "trash" still occurs during the season anyway. It would be easier for mods to deal with in NFL Gen and particular game day threads during the season if all that so-called trash was concentrated to one particular section.

Kiltman on the sig
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't see any reason to ban things like 'IMO'.

We'll have a big update to the home page when we roll out the new content for the draft and free agency in about a month. We usually don't do many updates during the summer.

It wouldn't be a good idea to have a forum that has a different set of rules than other forums. It would just cause confusion.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Feedback Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: