Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 1st Round Mock w/ Projected Records&Explanations
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rate this 2013 Mock
A - Uhh bro you should like, write mocks for a career bro
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
B - not bad son not bad at all
26%
 26%  [ 10 ]
C - it didn't quite tickle my fancy but it wasn't quite "turrible" as Chuck would say
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
D - you don't know much mannn like really you don't dood
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
F - stick to CFL coverage homie
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
I, too, often wonder why they omit the letter E from grading systems...
31%
 31%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 38

JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: 2013 1st Round Mock w/ Projected Records&Explanations Reply with quote

First off, I'm not the most knowledgeable guy when it comes to the upcoming 2013 NFL Draft. I like to think I know a little though. Anyways, I WILL put players in schemes that don't fit for them, or give them to teams that don't need a guy at that position, etc. Just please let me know when I do.

I'd love for all who read to make some comments on this draft, tell me where I messed up, where I went right or wrong, etc. If you tell me a better fit for your team, I will most certainly change it up for ya!

Oh yea, Bray/Hunter combo stays in school to pursue big things their senior year. That is why they're left out of this mock.

Edit: Made some changes, need some new feedback. No explanations on the recent changes but I'll try to add that in later.

Welp, here goes...

=======================================================

Trade
Cleveland trades #1 to Arizona for #9, #41, & 2 or 3 future 1st rounder, maybe a whole lot more...who knows, it's a fake trade.

1) Arizona Cardinals (6-10): Matt Barkley/QB/USC - After another disappointing season, the Cardinals realize that the only thing that is holding them back from postseason contention is a reliable QB. They give up a few picks to jump up for a true franchise guy in Matt Barkley. It would be a wise move.

2) Jacksonville Jaguars (3-13): Logan Thomas/QB/Virginia Tech - For the 2nd year in a row two elite QBs come off the board to start the draft. After Arizona sneaks in front of the Jags through a trade, they miss out on Barkley, but get a great consolation prize. After another abyssmal year, the Jaguars realize they have no choice but to end the Blaine Gabbert experiment.

3) Minnesota Vikings (4-12): David Amerson/CB/NC State - Many thought they were going to draft Morris Claiborne last year. Instead they grabbed a franchise LT and their patience pays off as they get an even better option at CB a year later. Amerson is the definition of a game-changer on the defensive side of the ball.

4) Miami Dolphins (4-12): Robert Woods/WR/USC - Miami makes an ever so slight reach here to grab the true #1 WR they've been lacking since Marshall left. There is a mild temptation to go QB here, with so much talent on the board, but they can't give up on Tannehill just yet as I expect him to show at least a little something his rookie year.

5) Indianapolis Colts (4-12): Jarvis Jones/DE-OLB/Georgia

6) St Louis Rams (5-11): Keenan Allen/WR/Cal - Another slight reach for a WR in the top 10. But they desperately need it. No sense in going QB if they aren't going to put any talent around him. It would just become another Sam Bradford situation - solid talent with no help around to expose it...

7) Oakland Raiders (6-10): Star Loutelelei/DT/Utah - Tommy Kelly is getting old and this guy is an animal. Does he fit in with Oakland's defensive scheme though?

8 ) St Louis Rams <from Washington> (5-11): DJ Fluker/OT/Alabama

9) Cleveland Browns (3-13): Jonathan Banks/CB/Mississippi St. - A top-flight CB to put next to Joe Haden, making one of the league's best young CB tandems.

10) Tampa Bay Bucaneers (6-10): Barkevious Mingo/DE-OLB/LSU

11) Dallas Cowboys (7-9): Sam Montgomery/DE-OLB/LSU - Finally, a legitimate talent to go next to DeMarcus Ware. Now that Ware has someone to complement him on the other side, he breaks the sack record within 2-3 seasons.

12) NY Jets (7-9): Tyler Wilson/QB/Arkansas - Sanchez isn't the answer so Tebow gets a shot and brings a few W's. But just like in Denver, the Jets' front office isn't comfortable with him being the QB of the future, so they draft Wilson who slips out of the top 10 and into their laps.

13) Seattle Seahawks (8-8 ): Manti Te'o/ILB/Notre Dame

14) San Diego Chargers (8-8 ): Jonathan Hankins/DT/Ohio St

15) Buffalo Bills (8-8 ): Geno Smith/QB/WVU - They have everything they need to compete for a wildcard spot every year (sorry but they are in the same division as the Pats), just not a QB or WR2. No 1st round WRs available anymore, so they grab Geno Smith for his versatility which complements their RBs very well. Sorry Fitzpatrick lovers. I just don't see him as the guy.

16) Tennessee Titans (8-8 ): Margus Hunt/DE/SMU

17) Carolina Panthers (9-7): Kawann Short/DT/Purdue - They should have grabbed Fletcher Cox last year, but Kuechly was just too talented for them to pass on apparently. Either way, Short is the guy they've needed to plug the middle so Hardy & Johnson can bring the pressure.

18 ) New York Giants (9-7): Chris Faulk/OT/LSU

19) Detriot Lions (9-7): Johnny Adams/CB/Michigan St - Their defense has a lot of potential, minus the weak WEAK secondary. I'd have wrote 15 more weaks but it would have been redundant. The Lions are happy to see Adams is still there when they are on the clock. It's a no brainer.

20) Pittsburgh Steelers (9-7): Marcus Lattimore/RB/South Carolina - Some may say that the Steelers are just fine with Mendenhall recovering, Redman filling in or taking over, and Dwyer as a change of pace guy. I think they are all quite underwhelming..well maybe not Redman, but they can't skip Lattimore at #20 when they aren't exactly strong at RB.

21) Denver Broncos (9-7): Xavier Rhodes/CB/Florida St - Their D needs some help. They have a few very talented guys, but their secondary could use some help in my opinion. Porter was only signed for a 1 year deal, if I'm not mistaken, and Champ Bailey has to show his age eventually... Rhodes is their CB of the future

22) Chicago Bears (10-6): Taylor Lewan/OT/Michigan

23) Kansas City Chiefs (10-6): Landry Jones/QB/Oklahoma - They win the division, make the playoffs, and fall on their face in the 1st round. They finally realize Matt Cassel is not the answer and with a good QB, they could be real contenders. They are very talented everywhere else. This just makes sense to me.

24) Philadelphia Eagles (11-5): Eric Reid/S/LSU - With this addition, the Eagles have one of the scariest D's in football...if they don't already. They lack a little in centerfield, and Reid is a beast. The fact that I have him sitting there for them at #24 makes me 1) mad because I love Reid and hate Philly sports and 2) feel like I slept through a few picks while making this. He shouldn't be around past the 15th pick IMO. He's that good.

25) New Orleans Saints (10-6): Jackson Jeffcoat/DE/Texas - A guy to put up front in their D to add some depth to the rotation and stability to the D. He's a massive talent and could very well improve his stock a tremendous amount by the time the draft rolls around.

26) Cincinnati Bengals (10-6): Alex Okafor/DE/Texas

27) Atlanta Falcons (11-5): William Gholston/DE/Michigan St

28 ) Baltimore Ravens (11-5): Barrett Jones/OL/Alabama - A guy who can play pretty much any position on the line. They have some aging and/or mediocre guys there and he adds youth and depth at every position.

29) San Francisco 49ers (13-3): Chase Thomas/OLB/Stanford - The type of luxury pick for the LB rotation that only a team as stacked on D as SF can make. Not sure how well he fits the scheme.

30) New England Patriots (13-3): Corey Lemonier/DE/Auburn

31) Houston Texans (12-4): Luke Joeckel/OT/Texas A&M

32) Green Bay Packers (13-3): TJ McDonald/S/USC - The big hitter/sure tackler that completes the Green Bay secondary. The Packers keep their fingers crossed as they watch him slip to the very end of the 1st round. With this pick, the DB corps is deeper and scarier to opponents.

Last edited by JCamGOPACKGO on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 5 times in total
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams have Robert Quinn to line up opposite Chris Long. Take Allen with the first pick then likely one of the OT with the second. Also possible to grab a DT, S or 4-3 OLB there.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it would be a lot more to make that trade. All so don't think Arizona would make that trade.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor pick for the Bears…Wagner is a RT at the next level…we already have that position locked down with Gabe Carimi who was a more talented prospect coming out of Wisconsin…Taylor Lewan should be the pick here if we are looking for a LT in the 1st round.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Thomas, but i just dont see us having a Top-5 pick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only way OT is a need for the Bengals is if Andre Smith leaves after this year. Otherwise give us Okafor who would be a great compliment to Dunlap

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Nobody

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bro, the Colts DO NOT NEED A NT!!! We just drafted Josh Chapman from Bama. Our DL is actually good! Everyone STOP MOCKING US TO PICK LOTULELEI!! If we were there, we would take Mingo, Jones, Allen, or Banks. Definitely not giving up on a NT that was supposed to go in the second round if not for a knee injury that he is almost fully recovered from.
Also, did you not know that the Rams just took Robert Quinn in the first opposite Chris Long? That would be a beyond terrible pick.
For the Bucs, Brian Price isn't even their main NT. Top 5 pick Gerald McCoy is. Terrible pick.
There are many picks that just wouldn't happen, but I don't want to type them all.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't need a RT in Seattle. Breno Giacomini is a starter in the NFL.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleveland probably needs a RDE more than any other position

I don't hate the pick, I just don't think its the best pick
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Bro, the Colts DO NOT NEED A NT!!! We just drafted Josh Chapman from Bama. Our DL is actually good! Everyone STOP MOCKING US TO PICK LOTULELEI!! If we were there, we would take Mingo, Jones, Allen, or Banks. Definitely not giving up on a NT that was supposed to go in the second round if not for a knee injury that he is almost fully recovered from.
Also, did you not know that the Rams just took Robert Quinn in the first opposite Chris Long? That would be a beyond terrible pick.
For the Bucs, Brian Price isn't even their main NT. Top 5 pick Gerald McCoy is. Terrible pick.
There are many picks that just wouldn't happen, but I don't want to type them all.

Settle down "bro"..I know Gerald McCoy is their main NT, but they took Brian Price with their next pick the same year. That tells me they want to rotate and use different or multiple DTs in their different looks. It is a new regime there however, and Schiano may not place such a priority on that, so I'll change the pick...but really man - take a few deep breaths or something lmao.

I'll make some changes in a little, hopefully nobody else turns green behind their computer screen in the meantime.

And any other responses letting me know how to fix it up would be appreciated..constructive feedback please, as I am very sensitive and might cry if I get another bro responding like this one.
Nobody

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Settle down "bro"..I know Gerald McCoy is their main NT, but they took Brian Price with their next pick the same year. That tells me they want to rotate and use different or multiple DTs in their different looks. It is a new regime there however, and Schiano may not place such a priority on that, so I'll change the pick...but really man - take a few deep breaths or something lmao.

I'll make some changes in a little, hopefully nobody else turns green behind their computer screen in the meantime.

And any other responses letting me know how to fix it up would be appreciated..constructive feedback please, as I am very sensitive and might cry if I get another bro responding like this one.
Haha I was thinking they were a 3-4, sorry. Had a pretty terrible day today. Won't bore you with the details. I still think it would be an unlikely pick, but McCoy is often injured. Also, green is for envy, red would be a better wording there haha. Again, really sorry, shouldn't have taken it out on you, it was uncalled for.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings:

If we're picking #1 or #2, I think a QB has a chance to get taken.

If we're picking #3, and 2 QB comes off before, then I dont think we'll take a 3rd QB in a row.

That being said I would be happy with David Amerson/CB/NC State at the #3 spot but I would also look at DT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehh personally I don't think Geno is gonna get taken in the first. I think he'll be taken more like mid 2nd to early 3rd. Pretty good job overall though, I give it a B

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Haha I was thinking they were a 3-4, sorry. Had a pretty terrible day today. Won't bore you with the details. I still think it would be an unlikely pick, but McCoy is often injured. Also, green is for envy, red would be a better wording there haha. Again, really sorry, shouldn't have taken it out on you, it was uncalled for.

Hahah it's all good no worries man, I told someone yesterday that they should pack up their crack pipe and predict the Bobcats to win the NBA Finals cuz the had the Rams beating out the Niners for the NFC West on here, so I'm equally guilty at times.

Glad my changes seem to have made this a bit better though.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick for the Eagles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: