Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vincent Brown carted off the field with a left ankle injury

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Vincent Brown carted off the field with a left ankle injury Reply with quote

Per Rotoworld.com
Quote:
Vincent Brown was carted off the field in Saturday's preseason game with a left ankle injury.
Brown landed awkwardly on an 18-yard touchdown from Charlie Whitehurst to open the second half. Initial indications are that this is a serious injury. Brown finished with two receptions for 31 yards before exiting, and saw significant playing time with the first-team offense.

Horrible news. Sad
I was really looking forward to seeing what he can do with a chance at a full-time opportunity. You guys can't seem to catch a break this pre-season; I feel for you guys.

Lets all hope for a speedy recovery from Brown. He was looking like a potential breakout player before this, if you ask me.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't that he landed funny, somebody landed on it. It looked like it's probably broken. Hope not, but it didn't look good.

It was a great catch too.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gehlken just tweeted that it is in fact a broken ankle...

Expected to miss at least 8 weeks...

This sucks...

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Gehlken just tweeted that it is in fact a broken ankle...

Expected to miss at least 8 weeks...

This sucks...

It does suck. I caught a few games last year in which he had significant playing time. Looked to be one of the up and coming receivers in this league. Unfortunately the 8 weeks puts him at midseason before he's really useful again.

Hopefully he can provide an impact for the chargers down the stretch.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it a more likely scenario that he get's ir'd this season now. This stinks every time I really like a guy on our roster he ends up being hurt.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
I find it a more likely scenario that he get's ir'd this season now. This stinks every time I really like a guy on our roster he ends up being hurt.

Like CLary more.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
The Chargers are optimistic Vincent Brown will still be able to play this season despite undergoing surgery Sunday to repair a fractured left ankle.
Surgery showed that Brown sustained only "minor" damage to the ligament, and the Bolts believe Brown will be able to help them in the second half of the season. Given an eight-week timetable, returning in Week 6 would be Brown's best-case scenario. San Diego will "bite the bullet," carrying Brown on the 53-man roster despite realizing he'll miss at least the first month and a half of the season. That could get more difficult as injuries pile up.

I think it will take a lot of injuries for them to IR him. If he can go on the PUP still, I think they'll go that way. That takes him out for the first 6 weeks, which would be good timing for him to heal up.

Duffman57

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
The Chargers are optimistic Vincent Brown will still be able to play this season despite undergoing surgery Sunday to repair a fractured left ankle.
Surgery showed that Brown sustained only "minor" damage to the ligament, and the Bolts believe Brown will be able to help them in the second half of the season. Given an eight-week timetable, returning in Week 6 would be Brown's best-case scenario. San Diego will "bite the bullet," carrying Brown on the 53-man roster despite realizing he'll miss at least the first month and a half of the season. That could get more difficult as injuries pile up.

I think it will take a lot of injuries for them to IR him. If he can go on the PUP still, I think they'll go that way. That takes him out for the first 6 weeks, which would be good timing for him to heal up.

Cant PUP him. He has to have started TC on the PUP to be on it. The only option is IR which isnt looking like it'll happen.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers WR Vincent Brown (ankle) "ran sprints, cornered around cones, shuffled and did rapid stop-and-starts."
Brown still hasn't resumed practicing with the team and remains on injured reserve with a designation to return. But based on his work Wednesday, he could be back in the mix shortly. The 2011 third-round pick would slot in behind clear starters Malcom Floyd and Danario Alexander if he gets active for the final few games.

Finally some good news. Not sure I even want to risk him coming back in this waste of a year though.

JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Rotoworld wrote:
Chargers WR Vincent Brown (ankle) "ran sprints, cornered around cones, shuffled and did rapid stop-and-starts."
Brown still hasn't resumed practicing with the team and remains on injured reserve with a designation to return. But based on his work Wednesday, he could be back in the mix shortly. The 2011 third-round pick would slot in behind clear starters Malcom Floyd and Danario Alexander if he gets active for the final few games.

Finally some good news. Not sure I even want to risk him coming back in this waste of a year though.

If a bone is healthy, its healthy.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to see someone helping Rivers out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: