Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mitch Petrus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bzane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Mitch Petrus Reply with quote

Gosh, whatever happened to Mitch Petrus?

I just read on the Transactions that he was waived so they could sign an offensive tackle named "D.J. Jones", who had been cut by Philadelphia (sorry I cannot provide a link, I have a new P.C. and have yet to figure it out completely; the news is on NFL Transactions on numerous sources. I apologize if my failure to copy and paste a link gets anybody in an uproar. I thought this was newsworthy enough to be mentioned here, and perhaps another poster more clever than myself can furnish the link. A thousand pardons).

The reasoning was that the Giants needed another OT for depth, what with the uncertainty surrounding Will Beatty's health. And I can see that- I expected them to sign, or trade for, another tackle. Hence, D.J.Jones.

But, Petrus-? I thought from reading on here last year that a majority of posters liked the guy, and thought that he gave them better run-blocking, and had a future. Needed to develop, but had a future.

Now, he's been cut-? What's up with that?
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posters liked him because like Greg Jones, he was a good college player and was slated to go much higher in the draft. I read somewhere that he came to college weighing less than 250. He had to build himself up to 300 so that's not a natural size for him. It cost himsspeed and quickness, as evident in the last preseason game where he got beaten badly by a second string dt. Just another case where a player doesn't have the nfl physical tools despite college success. Tyler sash is another one.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch is back

^Joe_is_the_best
Acgott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
Mitch is back

Uh, maybe he is just picking up his laundry
Acgott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and he is officially back
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate on the guy all you like. He is a vicious run blocker on a team that, well, can't run block to be perfectly honest. His pass protection will never be great, but he is serviceable in that department and could improve.

He started college ball 'light' because he was a fullback. Then he moved to tightend. Finally he ended up on the OL where he played a few different positions.

I still think there is hope for him to develop under our OL coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: