Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 Texans vs. Miami GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Week 1 Texans vs. Miami GDT Reply with quote

Week 1 of a new NFL season is upon us. The air is filled with optimism, hope, and Superbowl aspirations. The division looks to be ours atleast for a couple more seasons. Indy has their cornerstone with Andrew Luck. Tennessee has ushered in the Jake Locker era and in Jacksonville, fans are hoping Blaine Gabbert improves on a horrific rookie season. Around the AFC, Peyton Manning will be suiting up in a different jersey for the first time in his career and we get our shot against him week 3 in Denver.

Now to the game. Miami is a team in transition, with a new head coach looking to finally find a franchise QB since Marino left town in Ryan Tannehill. The Texans are hoping to build on their first playoff appearance and victory with a rejuvenated defense led by Wade Phillips.

Matchups
QB Advantage: Texans
RB Advantage: Texans
WR Advantage: Texans
OL Advantage: Texans
DL Advantage: Texans
LB Advantage: Texans
DB Advantage: Texans

X Factor
Derick Newton, RT
A team with Superbowl aspirations starting a 2nd year, 7th round pick on their offensive line is scary. Newton gets a baptism by fire going up against Cameron Wake.

Keys To The Game

1) Stop the run
Last year in the game against Miami, Daniel Thomas gashed our defense up the middle. And with Cody having back problems this preseason the middle of our defense has looked soft. Having Cody, Watt, and Cush back to go with the other regulars on defense hopefully we can stop Bush, Thomas and Miller.

2) Win the turnover battle
With some recent fumbles towards the end of the preseason we need our skill players to hold onto the ball. On the defensive side, we need to get to Tannehill early and force some rushed throws and hopefully get a strip sack or two.

3) Offensive line play
After having one of the best offensive lines in the game if not the best, we lost 2/5's of it to free agency and a cap causality. Replacing them are two young unproven commodities. Their number 1 goal is to keep Schaub upright and healthy along with providing creases and cut back lanes for our 3 headed RB trio.
dsorc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Newton is going to be facing Jared Odrick primarily with Wake lined up on Duane Brown. Also Bush is the starter yet again instead of Thomas and I imagine they'll want to showcase him as the #1. Last year, Bush was the starter as well and his struggles is what led to Thomas, who had not played before, to get a chance. The more snaps Bush gets the better for us.

I think the key to the game will be to get ahead early. Miami is starting a rookie QB with little to no weapons at his disposal. If we get ahead early and force them to pass things will get ugly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
I think Newton is going to be facing Jared Odrick primarily with Wake lined up on Duane Brown. Also Bush is the starter yet again instead of Thomas and I imagine they'll want to showcase him as the #1. Last year, Bush was the starter as well and his struggles is what led to Thomas, who had not played before, to get a chance. The more snaps Bush gets the better for us.

I think the key to the game will be to get ahead early. Miami is starting a rookie QB with little to no weapons at his disposal. If we get ahead early and force them to pass things will get ugly.

I know primarily Wake wont line up against Newton, but they'd be dumb not to line him up on Newtons side.

Towards the end of last year Bush was actually running pretty well between the tackles
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A team with Superbowl aspirations starting a 2nd year, 7th round pick on their offensive line is scary.

Laughing

It's really not that scary.

adopt-a-texan
ryan griffin, te: 2 receptions, 18 yards, 2 tackles
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There shouldnt be any reason why we can't win this game.

Can't wait to see our whole starting defense on the field for a game. None of the Dolphins receivers scare me, and the only option they have on offense that could give us fits is Reggie Bush. Hopefully we contain him.

Texans cruise 28-10.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't want to hate on the dolphins but they really shouldn't be competitive in this game. they have had tons of problems this pre season and with rookie QB going against a top 10 D should create problems

Miami will get better as Tannehill gets more experience but in this one i think its over at half time

ill say its something like 31-0 at the half and 38-10 final score

im split on starting any texans in fantasy because i doubt matt schaub throws for more than 200 yards and 1 TDs, Foster will have a decent game but Ben Tate will be getting carries in this one, and we won't risk Andre after halftime

i could be wrong and it might be a competitive game, they should be a good run team and have a nice front 7 but i don't look for it to be close

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to:
USC boys going at it (Cush v Bush)
Watt (robocop)
Newton
A shutout

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watt did practice today and said he should be around 100% for Sunday.

Didn't hear if Cody was back at practice, anybody know?
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, good job with your game day thread, resembles Lorks pretty accurately and has some good information. Well done.

I am looking forward to seeing our defense stopping the run, the pre-season left a nasty taste in my mouth for our run defense. We better have shored that up in practice.

I really want to see our offense continue to put n a clinic and they need to get better in the red zone. Look for Foster and Matt to dominate this game early and often. Hoping my boy OD gets some love and helps me win week 1 fantasy.

Cannot WAIT until this game!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can almost smell the fresh cut grass and hot dogs in the air.... YUMMY
Blaze

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that it matters, but did Lork retire from gameday threads?

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze wrote:

I've gotten the impression LORK has retired from footballsfuture.

Kenney>Everyone else on here
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze wrote:

You don't like my GDT Blaze Crying or Very sad
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watt did practice today and said he should be around 100% for Sunday.

Didn't hear if Cody was back at practice, anybody know?
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Miami comes out motivated, ready to shock the world. Ryan Tannehill does his own take on Cam Newton, Reggie Bush gets his revenge from 2006 and the Texans come out flat overall.

Miami wins, 19-7.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
mse326

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
I think Miami comes out motivated, ready to shock the world. Ryan Tannehill does his own take on Cam Newton, Reggie Bush gets his revenge from 2006 and the Texans come out flat overall.

Miami wins, 19-7.

You figure it worked last year always picking against us, so might as well continue, right? RIGHT!? Evil or Very Mad

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: