Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Jets vs Bills Game Day Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few things I saw.

1. Our Dline/DB/LBs ... Basically our whole Defense looks like garbage. The NEED to step up next week against KC, or we are in big trouble.

2. CJ Spiller looked like the real deal, he is finally going away from trying to out run defenders, and is now setting up blocks and running through arm tackles.

3. Fitz struggled, a lot. He just looked like he was struggling to put any zip on the ball, and looked like his timing with the WRs were way off. But, as a "gun slinger" he needs to look past those INTs and keep throwing.

4. Stevie Johnson looked hampered by the groin injury, he did have a few catches against Revis but he didnt look %100. Although he had a nice catch/run for a TD, Revis wasnt on the field.

5. Our special teams needs a firm scolding. In the past we as Bills fans have only known good to great special teams play. To let a PR for a TD is a shame.

6. I dont know why, but I feel as if the Freddy injury could in someway help up, as CJ showed he is becoming a good RB, hopefully Freddy is only out a few weeks. But CJ needs to show he wants to be the #1.

7. LaRon Landry, is a bully, and a borderline dirty player. Who celebrates after you hurt someone like he did when he dove at Freddy's knees while Fred was engaged with another defender and going down.

8. Lastly, was I the only one who was thinking, when Fitz was playing catch with the Jets secondary, "Oh man, I bet T-Jax starts a game in the next few weeks, if Fitz keeps this up"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I didn't see this one coming but don't be down on yourselves the Jets aren't this good and the Bills aren't this bad.

At least you had the 1 bright spot in Spiller. Dude looks legit. I didn't care so much about the 2nd half passing TD's cause I think the D took their foot off the gas but the rushing yards were a little disappointing.

Really thought our O-line keeping Sanchez upright was the key to the game cause when the Jets got down field they exposed your CB's. I didn't think Sanchez would have the time to let the WR's get down field though. That line is the key for your D so they need to step up. I don't remember seeing 1 sack which is a shock if you saw the preseason.

Overall great game for the Jets but without the TO's it's closer. Fitzpatrick needs to cut down on those TO's but the Jets secondary has some very talented CB's.

Tough road game for you so don't get to down. Good luck moving forward and I have a feeling that week 17 is going to be another big game.

Hope Jackson is ok for you guys, it wasn't a dirty hit just unlucky.

Props to Mack on the sig
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team needs to get a little nasty. The corners were tossed around like rag dolls at the line of scrimmage. Obviously Mario Williams was quiet but not much from Dareus or Kyle in the middle. What is that? These 2 guys should be able to dominate just about every team in the league. Have you ever seen Donald Jones trash a CB at the line of scrimmage? Of course not. These guys played sunday as if it was a training camp scrimmage and everyone had red no contact jerseys on.

TommyC376^^^
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
This team needs to get a little nasty. The corners were tossed around like rag dolls at the line of scrimmage. Obviously Mario Williams was quiet but not much from Dareus or Kyle in the middle. What is that? These 2 guys should be able to dominate just about every team in the league. Have you ever seen Donald Jones trash a CB at the line of scrimmage? Of course not. These guys played sunday as if it was a training camp scrimmage and everyone had red no contact jerseys on.
If there is a player that would stop Dareus and Kyle then Mangold would be it... Still no excuse.

Glad to see Jones playing well lately. If he can get 5 catches and a TD a game then we will be in pretty good shape at our #2 reciever.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are mario williams complaints about hands to the face legit? Or is he just making excuses? I've seen a few pictures where he's clearly taking some shots to the face.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DubiDo0 wrote:
Are mario williams complaints about hands to the face legit? Or is he just making excuses? I've seen a few pictures where he's clearly taking some shots to the face.

I found an article examining the match-up.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Tk3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:

I agree with that..

The first two plays of the game (I believe) Gilmore threw Stephen Hill down on a 9 yard pass, but he threw him hard..

The following play he just demolished Sanchez..

It was a precedent that died very fast in that game.. The defense just was not physical..

I also agree with Williams/Dareus.. I did see some good things from them, there was just nothing happening on the outside.. Mario has to step it up big time..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: