Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeMarcus Van Dyke signs with Pittsburgh
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to him. With his physical skills, he's definitely worth a shot. He really needs to improve his ball skills though.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt he'll ever become anything, but it's worth a go with a speedster like him.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: DeMarcus Van Dyke signs with Pittsburgh Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
[DVD sucks. One of the best young CBs on the market doesn't get passed by 32 teams and go unsigned for a couple days if they are any good. Laughing

that or he waits for the right deal and situation for his talent. DVD won't start over Allen or lewis though.[/quote]

Second year players go thru waivers before becoming free agents.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
he's going to be a good player if he keeps adding muscle(added like 10 lbs in the offseason)

Muscle might help his awfulness at tackling, but I doubt it will help his cover skills. Wink

he covered well when he played last year, just saying

+1 He showed talent in man to man coverage as a rookie. He's still raw, but I think he's well worth keeping on as a 5th CB.

All he has is decent skills in man coverage. He couldn't do zone, couldn't provide much in the way of run support and had little to no ball skills.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what you want about Van Dyke, but I think he has potential. He has serious speed & size. That alone gives him the potential to be a very good corner. He showed flashes last year and in the right situation & determination I think he can succeed. Hope he does well in Pittsburgh.

Nacho Simulation Football League
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atown703 wrote:
he's still young with potential.. he's a great player to have in Madden! Laughing

pretty much DVD in a nutshell Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: DeMarcus Van Dyke signs with Pittsburgh Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
DVD sucks. One of the best young CBs on the market doesn't get passed by 32 teams and go unsigned for a couple days if they are any good. Laughing

James Harrison was passed by 32 teams, what, three times? Perhaps the potential is there, but needs a long time to show up?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt see him alot, but I dont think he is nearly as bad as some are making him out to be. By no means am I saying he is good, but I saw upside. He's definitely not as hopeless as some are claiming. A 23 year old guy with top end speed that was extremely raw....even if its a longshot, IMO, you dont just give up on a player like that after one season, especially considering he didnt have OTAs in 2010, and this is the kind of guy that would likely need 2-3 years of good coaching.

Anyway....as I said, this is very low risk. He is a 5th CB. If he does anything postive for us, thats a win. If he sucks...no big deal at all. He goes bye bye and we move on.
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted the Giants to give him a look, especially with our injury depleted secondary.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHAMPIANSHAP
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I didnt see him alot, but I dont think he is nearly as bad as some are making him out to be. By no means am I saying he is good, but I saw upside. He's definitely not as hopeless as some are claiming. A 23 year old guy with top end speed that was extremely raw....even if its a longshot, IMO, you dont just give up on a player like that after one season, especially considering he didnt have OTAs in 2010, and this is the kind of guy that would likely need 2-3 years of good coaching.

Anyway....as I said, this is very low risk. He is a 5th CB. If he does anything postive for us, thats a win. If he sucks...no big deal at all. He goes bye bye and we move on.

Understood that he's a low risk easy cut for you guys.

He's great sticking with his guy in man coverage, truly a very good cover guy. He was on Fitzgerald like glue in his first preseason game as a rookie. Unfortunately what another poster called size is really only height and length. That length is virtually useless because he's far too weak to defend any WR from the ball, has no sense of the ball in the air, and is (and will probably always be) a disaster in run support and tackling in general. Though he wa right there every play, Fitzgerald (and every other WR he played against) just took the ball when he wanted it.

His upside is not what people imagine it to be, as there are multiple facets, most facets, of his game that he will have trouble ever developing. If anything else can develop and he puts on 20 pounds without losing speed, maybe he can be a contributor. Odds are well against it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: