Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: 20-16 Loss = Postgame Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pithy Radish

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with Wilson is that he didn't make defenses pay for blitzing them. If Wilson wants to be an elite QB in this league he needs to be able to do that on a regular basis. Wilson also looked like he had trouble making protection calls. I noticed it took him a long time to get to the plays off, and at one point him and Unger had a disagreement before a play. It led to one of a few delay of game penalties. I think Wilson had a lot to do with our pass pro woes.

Flynn is definitely far ahead of Wilson in the pre-snap read department. I have always questioned Pete for starting Wilson over Flynn.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pithy Radish wrote:
My problem with Wilson is that he didn't make defenses pay for blitzing them. If Wilson wants to be an elite QB in this league he needs to be able to do that on a regular basis. Wilson also looked like he had trouble making protection calls. I noticed it took him a long time to get to the plays off, and at one point him and Unger had a disagreement before a play. It led to one of a few delay of game penalties. I think Wilson had a lot to do with our pass pro woes.

Flynn is definitely far ahead of Wilson in the pre-snap read department. I have always questioned Pete for starting Wilson over Flynn.

i don't think wilson had the option to audible, actually. I could be wrong, but i thought the calls were being made from the sidelines. It appeared as if wilson was getting handcuffed as well

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Pithy Radish wrote:

i don't think wilson had the option to audible, actually. I could be wrong, but i thought the calls were being made from the sidelines. It appeared as if wilson was getting handcuffed as well

I thought that the calls were coming from the sideline as well. That is why I was getting so annoyed at Bevell.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your talking about the one play i think you are Pithy Wilson was screaming for the ball and Unger didn't snap it.
sirensong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that Bevell was making all the calls and Wilson wasn't being given the option to audible...

As well if your talking about the play I think your talking about it was Wilson screaming for the ball to be snapped and Unger unable to hear him. With watching the 12th man for so long you should know how much noise can affect an offense.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
I was under the impression that Bevell was making all the calls and Wilson wasn't being given the option to audible...

As well if your talking about the play I think your talking about it was Wilson screaming for the ball to be snapped and Unger unable to hear him. With watching the 12th man for so long you should know how much noise can affect an offense.

Bingo. Bear in mind, that the team also doesn't have a lot of chemistry. Look how long the QB competition went for.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize of this has been covered already, so please forgive me if it's already been discussed.

It was clear that Rice was impeded around the 15 yard line when he made his stop and go spin move, this drew a flag, but also he was clearly interfered with while he attempted to catch the ball (and perhaps should have but this is a different story).

I was so glad to see a flag as it was 4th down, but then I noticed they spotted the ball at the 15 yard line. I didn't think much of it because I was so glad to see the game extended, but that error may have cost us the game.

Peterson interfered with rice on two accounts, 1st at the 15 and then again at the 1 or 2 yard line. NFL.com has a replay of the play.

There is no question we should have had 1st and goal from the 1 yrd line with quite a bit more time on the clock. Am I going crazy here? Did everyone else talk about this? Did the announcers on TV say anything about this?

"We all we got, we all we need"
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
I apologize of this has been covered already, so please forgive me if it's already been discussed.

It was clear that Rice was impeded around the 15 yard line when he made his stop and go spin move, this drew a flag, but also he was clearly interfered with while he attempted to catch the ball (and perhaps should have but this is a different story).

I was so glad to see a flag as it was 4th down, but then I noticed they spotted the ball at the 15 yard line. I didn't think much of it because I was so glad to see the game extended, but that error may have cost us the game.

Peterson interfered with rice on two accounts, 1st at the 15 and then again at the 1 or 2 yard line. NFL.com has a replay of the play.

There is no question we should have had 1st and goal from the 1 yrd line with quite a bit more time on the clock. Am I going crazy here? Did everyone else talk about this? Did the announcers on TV say anything about this?

That is a good point, Peterson did have contact 'twice' on that route with Rice... and I'm not sure of the rule on PI, if you only get the first one that was called or have the option of the second, I don't know?, but those Refs were pretty bad in this game... and I'm not sure you can say that, that play cost us the game. we had 13 penalties in this game that cost us big time, The Cards played very good in this game, but I'd say we beat ourselves in this one, if they could have cut those penalties in half (say to 6-8 ) I think we win this game easy.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:

I remember wondering that myself. Annoncers didn't say anything as I recall. Just concluded it must of taken place at the spot 1st as well. I think once there is a same fowl it turns into a free play and defenders can do more to stop scores.

Does bring up a good question because since the ball was not in the air as I remember it should of been a holding call of some sort, then PI at the 1. Then the Hawks would of had a choice on what penalty they want enforced. Oh well, I liked the 15 yard spot better because more room for Wilson to squeeze one in and the cards were plugging every running lane. Hawks O had no answers for the LOS.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beleive there was actually no flag on the secondary contact. I could be wrong, but the officials can throw more than one flag (or hat) into the ring for more than one PI call at any given stage.

So if they call two they usually give the option to the team.
bill21792

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking! I was wondering why we didn't get it at the 1. It definitely looked like Peterson had some DPI in the end zone. Just thought I was crazy because no one's really mentioned it till now.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think that easily trumps the extra timeout.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

Right, forgot all about that. I was trying to figure out why we were on the 6 for the longest, but couldn't figure it out. As soon as we got the flag, I was thinking we were gonna pound it in with lynch from the 2, didn't even realize they put it 5 yards back. But it also is a spot foul, so even though Sidney tried to catch it on the one, he might have been impeded back at the 6

The refs screwed bad in this game down the stretch, let's just out it like that. I still think the cards won fair and square, and we need play better (and fire bevell....seriously, cam Cameron anyone?). Awful playcalling in this game. Especially at the end of the second half. I'm so sick of this ahole

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

Eh, the later PI on Williams Gay pretty much wiped that out.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Eh, the later PI on Williams Gay pretty much wiped that out.

Lolno.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 35 of 37

Jump to: