Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1- MNF- Bengals @ Ravens- Gameday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
They're going to kill Dalton.

No, Rey Rey put that part of his life behind him. He's a changed man now... Laughing
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry guys, you have the Browns next week.

We can't stop the run
Joe Haden isn't gonna be there so AJ can abuse w/e CB gets the pleasure of covering him
our G's are bad so Atkins is gonna be all over our QB
Weeden will turn it over at least twice

So as long as you guys don't turn it over and score at least 14 points you'll have an easy win.

Only way we win the game is if you shoot yourself in the foot with turnovers and penalties.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have hope for that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems the major worry going into the season has unfortunately materialised. Everyone knew the secondary needed to step up. You can't give guys like Joe Flacco 72% completion rates. Imagine what Brees, Rodgers and Brady would do to that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positives:

Dalton looked good.

Green-Ellis looks 200% better than Benson. Quicker to the hole, more decisive, and more elusive. He didn't pass protect as well though.

Hawkins might end up being the most targeted WR on the team. He played very well.

Atkins is still a beast.

Negatives:

Green is going to be double covered until they have a better downfield #2. Binns played alright, but with Green being double covered every snap (safety over top), Binns has to get open deep occasionally.

The secondary is garbage. Hot garbage.

There's no pass rush. The only rush came from Atkins and 6 man blitzes.

Outlook:

All in all, i wouldn't take too much from this. Even with how bad the defense was, i wouldn't expect them to play that bad every week. Some nights you just hit a team that's clicking, and if you don't play perfect the game can get out of control. The next couple of weeks (Browns, Redskins, Jags, Dolphins, Browns) should tell us a lot. If the Bengals aren't at least 4-2, they're in trouble. They should be 5-1. But we'll see.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.

Last edited by theJ on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

The rested Geno way too much. Although with the no huddle, maybe I can see why. He might have needed the rest.

- The ball skills of our defense was horrible. Should have had at least 2 INT's.

Have faith we'll fix most of those issues though. Seriously, I think we'll win the re-match. Calling it now...

Geno has sickle cell trait. No way he stays in all the time vs. no huddle.

sanu and Jones need to see the field more... make that just see the field. I never saw either in.

The AJ no catch was just another example (and not just replacement refs, the regular ones seem to do this to us too) of misinterpreting the rule. Yes he bobbled it going to the ground, but he had it in control for three steps and then tried to tuck it in. That is NOT the intent of the rule. The rule was to clarify WRs taking the ball immediately to their body and losing control, which, ironically, is what happened with Bolden. In the end, it didn't affect the outcome. It only raised my blood pressure about 100.

We will be fine. We are a very good team. They are elite. We played them opening night, at their place on MNF, the week that Modell dies. Could it get any worse for the men in stripes going into the game? Playing Modell's old team at home next week (without Haden) could be the perfect remedy.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need to get Kirkpatrick going

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I am sober here are my thoughts:

- Dalton looked good. He missed a few passes, but overall ran a good offense against an elite defense.
- BJGE looks fantastic. He falls forward, looked quicker than expected. Really happy with him
- Green struggled a bit, but he had no help other than Hawk.
- There is a reason I didnt want a TE round 1. No matter how good Gresh is, we do not utilize him at all.
- Really impressed with the O line. They opened running lanes and kept Dalton upright the majority of the game
- We have no pass rush. We need Dunlap back and maybe a early rounder next year
- Rey Rey is bad. Burfict needs to replace him asap
- We cannot cover TE's with LB's, S, or CBs
- Our secondary is bad. Hall is a step slow, we desperately need Kirkpatrick back and he needs to start.
- Tate is hot garbage

At this point, I am more worried about our terrible defense holding up against tough offenses this year. We could be playing from behind a lot which when we got down we stopped running and got torched. We need to be able to run throughout the whole game to compete.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:

- Rey Rey is bad. Burfict needs to replace him asap

Good Rey usually shows up after bad Rey. Hoping that is the case against the Browns this week.

Also Kevin Coyle is probably laughing and thanking the stars that he doesn't have to be the one to fix this secondary. Hopefully Zimmer realizes that our best corner atm is Adam Jones...
futbudds

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they just didn't produce on plays that they can make. Dalton overthrowing green when he torched Webb one on one, the three would be int's that if just one of them was caught fourth quarter would have been different. Secondary did look horrible not sure if they made Flacco look good or if he was just on fire all game.

Hall looked like he was just three inches short on most of the passes that got by him, Every other cb and safety were much further apart than that. Rey lead the LB's in lack of effort and as stated above Dunlap needs to be a healthy beast if we are gonna beat a good team.

I was impressed with the offense and the long drives especially BGE. I thought Binns looked good but Gresh looked horrible. If he didn't stop on the route in the endzone he would've had a TD, I guess somebody was afraid of a certain LB's footsteps.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
I thought Binns looked good but Gresh looked horrible. If he didn't stop on the route in the endzone he would've had a TD, I guess somebody was afraid of a certain LB's footsteps.

Agreed. He clearly alligator armed that one. Embarrassing.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
futbudds wrote:
I thought Binns looked good but Gresh looked horrible. If he didn't stop on the route in the endzone he would've had a TD, I guess somebody was afraid of a certain LB's footsteps.

Agreed. He clearly alligator armed that one. Embarrassing.

Just re-watched the first half of the game and Gresham was horrible. On a run in the red zone, he was scared to block Ray Lewis who stopped BJGE for only a short gain. Then he alligator armed that pass a couple of plays later. He was the main reason we ended up with a FG on that drive instead of a TD.

Then on that 40 yard pass to AJ Green that Dalton missed. Re-watching that play, Gresham whiffs on blocking a blitzer who caused Dalton to not step into the throw properly. Dalton should have still hit Green, but he actually might have had Gresham actually blocked his man.

3 bad plays in 1 half. It's just one game but more of this and I'll start advocating Orson Charles get reps over him if he's that scared...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: