Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Boston Red Sox Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
Can anyone give me some insight into how Xander Bogaerts is shaping up?

J

Most seem to think he'll be a third baseman. He's got an excellent bat and will be an effective producer wherever he plays. I would love to see him stick at shortstop, but people question his range.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
PatsPwn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:

J

I'm not 100% sure what you're looking for. But he had an excellent age-19 season in High-A before moving to Double-A for ~25 games at the end of the season and crushed the ball there too. The reports are just as exciting as the numbers and there seems to be a growing sentiment that he can defy the odds and stick at SS, even if just for a few years. He's a clear top 50 spec. Jim Callis said he'd be in the 11-25 range for him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatsPwn wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

I'm not 100% sure what you're looking for. But he had an excellent age-19 season in High-A before moving to Double-A for ~25 games at the end of the season and crushed the ball there too. The reports are just as exciting as the numbers and there seems to be a growing sentiment that he can defy the odds and stick at SS, even if just for a few years. He's a clear top 50 spec. Jim Callis said he'd be in the 11-25 range for him.

Thanks. My interest is that I took him as a speculation in my fantasy keeper league. It sounds like he is on pace for useful numbers in 2014.

J

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised no one has posted this yet. As you'd expect, it was quickly denied by JWH and co:

Quote:
The owners of the Boston Red Sox are mulling a potential sale of the storied baseball franchise, and have even begun quietly shopping the team to potential buyers, the FOX Business Network has learned.

The team is owned by the Fenway Sports Group, which also owns the English football team Liverpool FC. While no final decision has been made about a potential sale, and the talks appear to be in the early stages, executives at Fenway Sports are debating whether they have the financial resources to run both teams, according to people with direct knowledge of the matter.

The price tag eyed for any potential sale would be a steep one, according to people who have spoke with Red Sox management: $1.3 billion. Forbes cites the value of the Red Sox at around $1 billion.

Also likely weighing on the consideration to sell the team is the poor performance of Henry’s investment company, John Henry & Co. this year, these people say. The firm, which specializes in the futures market, has had a volatile year, with funds such as his Global Analytics losing nearly 16% this year, according to the company’s website.

But according to people with direct knowledge of the matter, the biggest challenge for Henry is running two expensive sports franchises. Fenway Sports purchased the Liverpool team for $476 million in 2010, and has been widely criticized for overpaying for players who have under-delivered.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2012/09/13/boston-red-sox-could-be-on-block/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatsPwn wrote:
Surprised no one has posted this yet. As you'd expect, it was quickly denied by JWH and co:

Quote:
The owners of the Boston Red Sox are mulling a potential sale of the storied baseball franchise, and have even begun quietly shopping the team to potential buyers, the FOX Business Network has learned.

The team is owned by the Fenway Sports Group, which also owns the English football team Liverpool FC. While no final decision has been made about a potential sale, and the talks appear to be in the early stages, executives at Fenway Sports are debating whether they have the financial resources to run both teams, according to people with direct knowledge of the matter.

The price tag eyed for any potential sale would be a steep one, according to people who have spoke with Red Sox management: $1.3 billion. Forbes cites the value of the Red Sox at around $1 billion.

Also likely weighing on the consideration to sell the team is the poor performance of Henry’s investment company, John Henry & Co. this year, these people say. The firm, which specializes in the futures market, has had a volatile year, with funds such as his Global Analytics losing nearly 16% this year, according to the company’s website.

But according to people with direct knowledge of the matter, the biggest challenge for Henry is running two expensive sports franchises. Fenway Sports purchased the Liverpool team for $476 million in 2010, and has been widely criticized for overpaying for players who have under-delivered.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2012/09/13/boston-red-sox-could-be-on-block/

I will be thrilled if this happens.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Bailey - 19 GP, 6 SV, 7.04 ERA, 1.89 WHIP
Josh Reddick - .242 AVG, .305 OBP, 32 HR, 85 RBI, 29 2B

Sad I iz sad

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
Samcro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Andrew Bailey - 19 GP, 6 SV, 7.04 ERA, 1.89 WHIP
Josh Reddick - .242 AVG, .305 OBP, 32 HR, 85 RBI, 29 2B

Sad I iz sad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We signed Juan Neives as our new pitching coach. Don't know much about him, except from what I read in article.

http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=8603955

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm incredibly excited for this offseason. We have over 100 million we can spend on next season's salaries alone.

Here's some players I'd like to see considered in trades/signings

Ike Davis - Mets have made him available. Wouldn't mind seeing Ellsbury involved in a deal for him and others.

Shin-soo Choo - One of the most underrated outfielders, we should be able to meet his longterm contract demands that the Indians can't meet. They're trying to rebuild, so a couple of middling prospects should do it.

Anibal Sanchez - very consistent pitcher, goes out and gives you good starts every week. Viable 2 or 3 option in a pitching rotation.

Dan Haren - Never really a fan, but he could come cheap as it appears that many MLB GMs have absolutely no interest in him (anonymous sources could be trying to keep his price tag down or are really not interested). orst case is a solid 4th option.

Shane Victorino - Should come cheap and bridge the gap to Jackie Bradley.

Shaun Marcum - Solid but always injured, he'll give you 150 very solid innings a season.

Matt Garza - has pitched well in the AL East before. Cubs should still be trying to move him for prospects.

Justin Upton - obvious pipe dream here as it is unlikely he gets moved and unlikely the Red Sox have the package that would interest the D-Backs. But if there were a package involving young players like Jackie Bradley AND Xander Boegarts, the D-Backs just may listen. Is such a deal worth it?

HOVA333

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean McAdam just said the Royals offered Will Myers for Lester. They immediately said no. WOW

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
HOVA333

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ells for Cliff Lee?

Adopt A Patriot
GJT1347

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOVA333 wrote:
Sean McAdam just said the Royals offered Will Myers for Lester. They immediately said no. WOW

the sox might lose some sleep in the near future if that story is true. Myers is a star in the making.

Props to Palooka ^
PatsPwn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOVA333 wrote:
Ells for Cliff Lee?

Would love this, but pretty much every Red Sox beat writer is saying a deal for Cliff Lee isn't happening.

As for the Wil Myers thing, I never saw that it was officially offered, only that it was discussed. I'm going to be really upset if that story is true, and the Royals end up trading Myers to Tampa for Shields.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatsPwn wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
Ells for Cliff Lee?

Would love this, but pretty much every Red Sox beat writer is saying a deal for Cliff Lee isn't happening.

As for the Wil Myers thing, I never saw that it was officially offered, only that it was discussed. I'm going to be really upset if that story is true, and the Royals end up trading Myers to Tampa for Shields.

McAdam is a pretty reliable source, I have no indication to not believe him

Adopt A Patriot
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatsPwn wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
Ells for Cliff Lee?

Well you got that part right. What are we going to do about our pitching? Nothing apparently.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 29 of 31

Jump to: