Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers sign OL Reggie Wells

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 22829
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Chargers sign OL Reggie Wells Reply with quote

Quote:
The team signed guard-tackle Reggie Wells, who has started 91 of 117 career games, most coming at left guard. The 6-foot-4, 318-pound lineman has also played some right tackle.

Wells is in his 10th year in the league.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/sep/11/chargers-sign-veteran-offensive-lineman/

Could have done worse I suppose. Don't see how this bodes well for an early return by Gaither though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duffman57


Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 8179
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Chargers sign OL Reggie Wells Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Quote:
The team signed guard-tackle Reggie Wells, who has started 91 of 117 career games, most coming at left guard. The 6-foot-4, 318-pound lineman has also played some right tackle.

Wells is in his 10th year in the league.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/sep/11/chargers-sign-veteran-offensive-lineman/

Could have done worse I suppose. Don't see how this bodes well for an early return by Gaither though.


I dont really think is says much about the Gaither injury that we didn't already know right now. He's gonna be out a few weeks, we dont have any depth at OT, at all...so we grab a guy who can play there in a real pinch. Gaithers gonna be out a few weeks if not more, so at this point, might as well get some depth if he cant play, and when he's healthy, go ahead an cut Wells and sign a CB or whatever the hell else we need.
_________________

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kramxel


Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 3843
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he hasn't played LT?

How does this help us?
_________________


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 22829
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramxel wrote:
So he hasn't played LT?

How does this help us?

Green is the backup LT, so it gives us a backup to Clary (which we didn't really have) who can also backup either guard spot along with Hadnot (Molk doesn't have the bulk or length to be playing anything but center).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
charger-man


FF Fanatic
Joined: 26 Nov 2004
Posts: 4998
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But all the quotes I hear from Greene is that he's not very comfortable playing LT. I would have preferred we just signed a OT, not a OG/OT hybrid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 22829
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
But all the quotes I hear from Greene is that he's not very comfortable playing LT. I would have preferred we just signed a OT, not a OG/OT hybrid.

Those aren't exactly all that easy to find. If they were we probably wouldn't have rolled with a UDFA LT from week 2 of the preseason till now. I mean, the only guys out there in the free agent pool that I can even recognize as having experience at LT are only recognizable because they're guys like Alex Barron who were colossal failures at the position.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duffman57


Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 8179
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
charger-man wrote:
But all the quotes I hear from Greene is that he's not very comfortable playing LT. I would have preferred we just signed a OT, not a OG/OT hybrid.

Those aren't exactly all that easy to find. If they were we probably wouldn't have rolled with a UDFA LT from week 2 of the preseason till now. I mean, the only guys out there in the free agent pool that I can even recognize as having experience at LT are only recognizable because they're guys like Alex Barron who were colossal failures at the position.


Or Chad Clifton, who's probably done with football...
_________________

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duffman57


Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 8179
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Laughing
_________________

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group