Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers sign OL Reggie Wells

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Chargers sign OL Reggie Wells Reply with quote

Quote:
The team signed guard-tackle Reggie Wells, who has started 91 of 117 career games, most coming at left guard. The 6-foot-4, 318-pound lineman has also played some right tackle.

Wells is in his 10th year in the league.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/sep/11/chargers-sign-veteran-offensive-lineman/

Could have done worse I suppose. Don't see how this bodes well for an early return by Gaither though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Chargers sign OL Reggie Wells Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Quote:
The team signed guard-tackle Reggie Wells, who has started 91 of 117 career games, most coming at left guard. The 6-foot-4, 318-pound lineman has also played some right tackle.

Wells is in his 10th year in the league.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/sep/11/chargers-sign-veteran-offensive-lineman/

Could have done worse I suppose. Don't see how this bodes well for an early return by Gaither though.

I dont really think is says much about the Gaither injury that we didn't already know right now. He's gonna be out a few weeks, we dont have any depth at OT, at all...so we grab a guy who can play there in a real pinch. Gaithers gonna be out a few weeks if not more, so at this point, might as well get some depth if he cant play, and when he's healthy, go ahead an cut Wells and sign a CB or whatever the hell else we need.

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
kramxel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he hasn't played LT?

How does this help us?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramxel wrote:
So he hasn't played LT?

How does this help us?

Green is the backup LT, so it gives us a backup to Clary (which we didn't really have) who can also backup either guard spot along with Hadnot (Molk doesn't have the bulk or length to be playing anything but center).

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But all the quotes I hear from Greene is that he's not very comfortable playing LT. I would have preferred we just signed a OT, not a OG/OT hybrid.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
But all the quotes I hear from Greene is that he's not very comfortable playing LT. I would have preferred we just signed a OT, not a OG/OT hybrid.

Those aren't exactly all that easy to find. If they were we probably wouldn't have rolled with a UDFA LT from week 2 of the preseason till now. I mean, the only guys out there in the free agent pool that I can even recognize as having experience at LT are only recognizable because they're guys like Alex Barron who were colossal failures at the position.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
charger-man wrote:

Those aren't exactly all that easy to find. If they were we probably wouldn't have rolled with a UDFA LT from week 2 of the preseason till now. I mean, the only guys out there in the free agent pool that I can even recognize as having experience at LT are only recognizable because they're guys like Alex Barron who were colossal failures at the position.

Or Chad Clifton, who's probably done with football...

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: