Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Washington Redskins
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Week 3: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Washington Redskins Reply with quote

vs.

vs.

Losing an emotional game in St. Louis after a fantastic win in New Orleans is not how many of us fans wanted to feel this Monday morning. That being said, the season goes on with officials that are mediocre and calls that are obtuse and atrocious. That is the state of the NFL today.

With that said, the Redskins face in their home opener the Cincinnati Bengals. Both teams are 1-1 with the Bengals coming off a win over Cleveland and the Redskins losing in a wild one to the Rams.

The keys to the game, in my opinion, are the QB matchups with RGIII and Dalton being young and looking to make their mark in the NFL.

The WR play is going to be key as well. Garcon has to be healthy to give RGIII the comfort he needs to play well. Garcon has shown that he can be a #1 and the Skins need him healthy to be the #1. There is a lot of depth at WR for the Skins as we saw in St. Louis but they need to step up and make plays for the Skins to be successful on Sunday in their home opener.

The Bengals don't have much depth at WR with Green and Hawkins. But Green is a monster and can give the Skins secondary fits like Amendola did in St. Louis.

Two keys the Redskins need to have play well are the people in the trenches and the secondary. The secondary is very suspect right now and with a lot of new faces back there, there is a lot of holes in the lack of chemistry.

The OL needs to give RGIII more time than what he had in St. Louis as the Rams DL had pressure on RGIII most of the game. The Redskins DL needs to get more pressure on Dalton who is not as mobile and could be easily flustered if pressure were to get to him early and often.

I look for a close game at home, but its one that the Skins can win.

Bengals 20
Redskins 23

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Last edited by mike23md on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you predict a win after the St.Louis game? Andy Dalton, AJ Green and Jermaine Gresham are going to torch this defense. RGIII will keep us in it but the Bengals are going to come away with the win.

Bengals 35
Redskins 24
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the trash talking this week will be non-existent.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Donthate48

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
How can you predict a win after the St.Louis game? Andy Dalton, AJ Green and Jermaine Gresham are going to torch this defense. RGIII will keep us in it but the Bengals are going to come away with the win.

Bengals 35
Redskins 24

The fact that we held the saints to worse stats than the Rams is why we can believe in a win. You never know when we'll have a great coverage day or a bad one. We tried way to many zones which ended up in Amendola being open all day long- I felt like against the saints we had a lot of man coverage and a lot of great defense as well.

^^ Good looks by Walter on the skin
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at the game. If anyone else is going to be around and wants to have a few brews in the parking lot lemme know!

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:

Here! Here!

If you were talking smack, go own up to it rather than pretend it didn't happen because you are sullying the forum's reputation if you do not. That's what it comes down to.

With Carriker, Orakpo and J.Wilson (assuming) out for the next game, I am not confident that the Redskins can win this game.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still want to wait on injury reports. Carriker didnt sound like it was all that good, but the reviews of Rak are mixed as at the end of the game, his pads were off, but there was no ice on the chest/shoulder which could just be a tweak. If he tore a muscle in the chest, he would be in a sling with ice to minimize swelling and more damage.

Don't know what Wilson's injury was.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Here! Here!

If you were talking smack, go own up to it rather than pretend it didn't happen because you are sullying the forum's reputation if you do not. That's what it comes down to.

With Carriker, Orakpo and J.Wilson (assuming) out for the next game, I am not confident that the Redskins can win this game.

Yup Footy. Makes us all look bad if a few smack talkers don't eat their crow. We all get tarred with the same brush at that point.

And that's two of my adoptees out for next game (Carriker and Wilson).

We will lose this game. I'll have my prediction later this week.

lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donthate48 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Bengals 35
Redskins 24

The fact that we held the saints to worse stats than the Rams is why we can believe in a win. You never know when we'll have a great coverage day or a bad one. We tried way to many zones which ended up in Amendola being open all day long- I felt like against the saints we had a lot of man coverage and a lot of great defense as well.

We gave up over 300 yards passing and 3 TDs to Drew Brees. I understand he had a poor completion percentage but lets not sit here and act like he didn't torch our defense. The defense has given up 56 points in two weeks, we have a major problem.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Donthate48 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Bengals 35
Redskins 24

We gave up over 300 yards passing and 3 TDs to Drew Brees. I understand he had a poor completion percentage but lets not sit here and act like he didn't torch our defense. The defense has given up 56 points in two weeks, we have a major problem.

This...

And with Carriker and Rak out for significant time and Wilson out for at least a week, get used to seeing us give up 30+ points each week.

THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing will shock me after yesterday. But I expect the crowd noise to be a difference maker,plus the majority of the crowd should be Skins fans. I take the skins,28 to 24

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Donthate48 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Bengals 35
Redskins 24

This...

And with Carriker and Rak out for significant time and Wilson out for at least a week, get used to seeing us give up 30+ points each week.

Call me crazy,but I think we will miss Carriker more than Rak. Both horrible losses though.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Donthate48 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Bengals 35
Redskins 24

This...

Call me crazy,but I think we will miss Carriker more than Rak. Both horrible losses though.

After seeing Rob Jackson lay an egg I'm thinking we should've kept Markus White. Jarvis Jenkins needs to start because Golston just isn't good on the outside, he was getting swallowed up the moment he stepped on the field. I think people are going to realize just how good Orakpo is if he has too miss an extended period of time....
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
After seeing Rob Jackson lay an egg I'm thinking we should've kept Markus White.

...I didn't want to say anything, but this was the first thing that popped into my mind. Having said that, even without Rak's injury I believe they planned to draft an OLB in the mid-rounds next year to develop behind Orakpo.

What a mess. You just hope that Richard Crawford can continue to show well, and Jarvis steps it up to make up for Carriker's absence. There's still a lot of young talent that needs to be developed, and it is not going to happen immediately.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
After seeing Rob Jackson lay an egg I'm thinking we should've kept Markus White.

...I didn't want to say anything, but this was the first thing that popped into my mind. Having said that, even without Rak's injury I believe they planned to draft an OLB in the mid-rounds next year to develop behind Orakpo.

What a mess. You just hope that Richard Crawford can continue to show well, and Jarvis steps it up to make up for Carriker's absence. There's still a lot of young talent that needs to be developed, and it is not going to happen immediately.

In my opinion Crawford earned the right to start over Griffin in the pre-season and Griffins play hasn't done anything too change my mind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: